? POT when registering late ?

Z-Knight

DIS Veteran
what happens if I register for a race after the POT cutoff date? will i be put in the back corral or can I get moved up?

edit. i'm signing up for the disneyland race, i think, and the date was 1 week ago.

Last edited:
what happens if I register for a race after the POT cutoff date? will i be put in the back corral or can I get moved up?

edit. i'm signing up for the disneyland race, i think, and the date was 1 week ago.

I'm pretty sure you get the opportunity to put in PoT when you register, even though you're past the cutoff date. Just make sure you enter the info during the registration process and don't go back to change/add it after the fact.

IIRC, there were a few folks around here at WDWMW this year and some at SWDS too that registered late, put in PoT during registration and were corraled accurately.

I think the cutoff date applies to updating a proof of time if you have proven in a timed race that you can run faster than the time you gave them when you registered.

I've never done it, but if I remember correctly from others experiences just make sure the POT you use is still prior to the cutoff date.

thanks for the info. I gotta make my decision soon or the plane tickets will go up in price even more....still debating. I need to get POT time improvements and the only thing left in houston (or near) is a 10 miles with hills in late september. And right now I actually feel NOT hurt, so my conditioning is getting better and better so this is the best opportunity. With some weight loss I can be at 100% by september, I think, and should have a chance to break below 1:49. I know it is expensive to go all the way to disneyland, but heck, why not!! lol.

I registered for the 2017 WDW marathon sometime in November after the POT cutoff date. I even called/emailed RunDisney just to make sure that they'd consider my POT. It was a bit of an impulse decision for me to signup. I was put in the proper corral. I don't know the exact wording, but they clarified to me that the POT cutoff date doesn't apply to those that are registering after that date. You should be good to go.

My son and I registered late for the Super Heroes Half last November. Scheduled a college visit and had to give up a local half marathon I previously planned to run. But since it was a DL race weekend, we registered for that instead! I entered a POT for each of us during registration and it worked! We were in Corral B for the half. :)

I'm glad the POT worked with your late registration. It didn't for my friend. :(
She registered late for 2017 Light Side Half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter