POTC quest help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
I played last night, and will admit I was having some fun :)

I unforutnately crashed while on my boat heading to see barborosa

Today when I went back, I was on land and cant find my boat ROFL. I was following the arrow but I found myself pinned up in an area where several players were fighting skeleton pirates... so yes... now I am in jail :)

Any tips on how to get back moving on to my quest?

Heh.... little hint for you, A. :dance3: (Your boat can be found in the water, not inland - look along the shoreline) ;) :rotfl2:

That arrow thing won't lead you to your boat EVER. It leads you to where you need to be to finish the next task, which in your case means Devil's Anvil Island... but you can't get there without hopping into your boat first ;)

Glad to see you're playing! Would like to meet up with you sometime.

Unfortunately, I just bought a new laptop (well that part is not unfortunate), BUT I can't seem to be able to load the game properly :( :( :( I'm wondering if Vista is the problem??

Anyone play POTCO with Windows Vista?

Heh.... little hint for you, A. :dance3: (Your boat can be found in the water, not inland - look along the shoreline) ;) :rotfl2:

That arrow thing won't lead you to your boat EVER. It leads you to where you need to be to finish the next task, which in your case means Devil's Anvil Island... but you can't get there without hopping into your boat first ;)

Unfortunately, I just bought a new laptop (well that part is not unfortunate), BUT I can't seem to be able to load the game properly :( :( :( I'm wondering if Vista is the problem??

I am using vista and just loaded it up last night, so its not vista itself.

There does seem to be a vista bug tho. cant-find-your-boat-vista-bug

I just crashed again when finally getting to my boat @_@

so... maybe I wont be playing pirates after all :rotfl:

I use Vista, O Pink One. Haven't had any trouble using it.

To find your boat, just head down to the shore and look for a dinghy. When you reach it, you should see a green circle with instructions to press shift. This is the interface that enables you to launch your boat (you start in a light sloop which has little firepower and even less armor).

The interface for POTC is pretty easy. About on a par with Wizards so you should get the feel of it very soon. As in Wizards, you get skill points for each of your disciplines (a bit more common than training points as they show up every time you level a skill). These are not unlimited so you need to give some thought to distribution as some skill aspects are more useful than others.

I've been playing with Vista for almsot a year. Sometimes it lags when I have both test and open, with a webpage open, but it runs pretty smoothly. If anyone needs transportation or quest help, feel free to pm me on there. I'm Commodore Zeke on POTC.

Zeke

I had some problems (video card related, not Vista). The live chat support on PiratesOnline.com was very helpful. :thumbsup2

I just crashed for a 3rd time on my boat @_@

I got to actually sail it a little this time, but there is obviously a problem. I will have to try their support site later

ETA: I went to the options and changed the last couple of video options from high to medium and turned off compression. that seemed to help pretty significantly. I had a couple of voyages successfully, problem is not completely resolved, I did crash in the middle of trying to sink a navy ship. I hope I dont have to turn all the settings like... OFF @_@

Vista for me and it works fine :thumbsup2

Hey aengus, if you joined our guild, I'd offer you moderatorship ;) (is that a word :rotfl:)

Pinky, Jam has Vista on her computer and it plays just fine.

Check your settings and also check your firewall if it is a load problem, it might be blocked since there are some executible files involved..just a thought.

Aengus- as Pete said, check with support. I know they have been very helpful with a lot of issues. I did have to change some of my options before my memory was upgraded. That seemed to help with some crash issues and choppiness that I used to have. However, after the memory upgrade, the game runs very smoothly for me unless I have been logged on for a long length of time. You might want to check with Matty_D as well. He had issues with crashing for a while and it had something to do with a router I seem to recall. When he had that fixed, he no longer had any crash issues.

I think Aengus goes down in history as the only pirate who has ever lost his/her boat in this game! I am totally cracking up! :lmao:

Thanks for the help, guys. I can cross Vista off the list of potential problems.

This laptop has 3GB of memory, wireless-n technology, and an upgraded graphics card from the one I previously had. I don't get it...., :confused:

I see Petez sent me a suggestion. Off to try it, but I'm scared. I need my stinking pirates!

eh, it still crashes in the middle of a fight, I went down to the low graphic settings. This is a very up to date laptop so I am sort of surprised it wont go but oh well, it did look to be a fun game :rotfl:

eh, it still crashes in the middle of a fight, I went down to the low graphic settings. This is a very up to date laptop so I am sort of surprised it wont go but oh well, it did look to be a fun game :rotfl:

Aww... I've always kept all my settings set to low... all of them. I really don't think it's that important to see every single detail. I mean, you're there to fight, not admire the scenery! ;)

Are you in game now, Aengus? If you post what island you are on and what ocean server you are using (found at the top of your map), I can teleport to you. Of course, maybe you'd rather hide ;)

I have been off and on ROFL

I took up Petes advice and contacted live support (i hate doing that ROFL)

they said I should update my video drivers... I did... I battled.. I crashed...

I will give Andrea props, who was the tech support person. She was very thorough and very nice.

getting a little frustrated at this point. Going to turn everything to low like you just suggested pink, and well.. haha sure you got the idea, when does elf island open again? :rotfl:

Aww... sorry you're having so much trouble with the game.

On the other hand, I'm not really sure I want to run into you with weaponz at your disposal. At least when we argue on the DIS, I'm safe!

Aww... sorry you're having so much trouble with the game.

On the other hand, I'm not really sure I want to run into you with weaponz at your disposal. At least when we argue on the DIS, I'm safe!

i haz a gun!

and I can now battlez!

but I am shot, so thats all the piratez I can stand for the day, your safe

TODAY

Try going to a Quiet server. Go to the Map (M), at the top of the map it will say "Current Server: ?" to let you know what server you are on. There is a Gold Bar thingy just under the server name (Active Oceans). Click on it, and a whole list of oceans should be listed. Go through the list, find a quiet one, click it, and you teleport there.

I had to set my graphics to medium. I was having trouble sometimes when firing my cannon, the graphics would freeze and that was it for me I couldn't do anything but log off. Really made it difficult to sink ships lol.

I don't have Vista. I do have a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop with a duocore processor.

Try going to a Quiet server. Go to the Map (M), at the top of the map it will say "Current Server: ?" to let you know what server you are on. There is a Gold Bar thingy just under the server name (Active Oceans). Click on it, and a whole list of oceans should be listed. Go through the list, find a quiet one, click it, and you teleport there.

I had to set my graphics to medium. I was having trouble sometimes when firing my cannon, the graphics would freeze and that was it for me I couldn't do anything but log off. Really made it difficult to sink ships lol.

I don't have Vista. I do have a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop with a duocore processor.

you wouldnt by chance have an ati firegl 5600 for a graphics card would you?

you wouldnt by chance have an ati firegl 5600 for a graphics card would you?

zomg i have a nvidiaa it pwn u graphic card like i would in potco!!1

Did you turn off that pixel shading thing? It caused me a bit of lag when I used to play..

zomg i have a nvidiaa it pwn u graphic card like i would in potco!!1

Did you turn off that pixel shading thing? It caused me a bit of lag when I used to play..

my widescreen duo core laptop kicks some serious stuffs! my 4 gb ram will eatz you fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter