POTC question

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
I have seen a few questions about pirates and wether it was worth it or not to join, but I have one of my own.

Is it a natural progression to play as a nonmember and then become a member?

I mean obvioulsy its the best choice if you dont know the game and want to see if you think its worth it. Does it make sense tho? Or would you play until you have decided and then start over as a member?

Would your character benefit from being a member from the start?

I have seen a few questions about pirates and wether it was worth it or not to join, but I have one of my own.

Is it a natural progression to play as a nonmember and then become a member?

I mean obvioulsy its the best choice if you dont know the game and want to see if you think its worth it. Does it make sense tho? Or would you play until you have decided and then start over as a member?

Would your character benefit from being a member from the start?

I can answer your question. Yes, there's a natural progression. I would strongly advise starting out as a nonmember to see if you're actually going to enjoy the game first. Progress as far as you can or want on "basic" membership and then make a decision whether or not to pay. I'd then use a code for a free month... once that runs out, I'd then pay the $4.95 special for another month...

You can keep your same character if and when you decide to pay. You don't lose anything. Unless like me, you link accounts with someone else and then play on their paid account - I had to start from scratch all over again by creating a new pirate.

You could have posted this on our pirate thread. Unless, of course, you're afraid of the Red Hat Ladies! :scared:

I just kept my pirate after I switched to unlimited and I haven't had any problems with leveling or anything (though you should hold off on that black pearl quest until you're at least notoriety 23 so it's not that hard + you still get the decent rep from tasks... if you mess that up your pirate will have a hard time in the future lol). I really don't think it would make a difference because you can still level your weapons but it would just take longer on basic than on a paying account, and you can't lose anything on the game by becoming a member.

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't make much of a difference. Being a founder, the only "benefit" I got from having two other pirates who are like level 8 be members from the start is the flood of "ZOMG WHERE DID U GET UR GOLD NAME!!!!! ARE U A STAFF?? PLZ I NEED GOLD 4 MY LIGHT FRIGATE"

Aengus, if you're wanting to try it out, I've still got a 2-week unlimted play pass if you'd like it...

lmk!

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't make much of a difference. Being a founder, the only "benefit" I got from having two other pirates who are like level 8 be members from the start is the flood of "ZOMG WHERE DID U GET UR GOLD NAME!!!!! ARE U A STAFF?? PLZ I NEED GOLD 4 MY LIGHT FRIGATE"

I know what your talking about! It seems everyone wants to know where the gold name comes from or they just assume Im staff and I can help them with anything @_@.

To answer the original question I would start off with basic access and see if you like the game.:)

I can answer your question. Yes, there's a natural progression. I would strongly advise starting out as a nonmember to see if you're actually going to enjoy the game first. Progress as far as you can or want on "basic" membership and then make a decision whether or not to pay. I'd then use a code for a free month... once that runs out, I'd then pay the $4.95 special for another month...

You can keep your same character if and when you decide to pay. You don't lose anything. Unless like me, you link accounts with someone else and then play on their paid account - I had to start from scratch all over again by creating a new pirate.

You could have posted this on our pirate thread. Unless, of course, you're afraid of the Red Hat Ladies! :scared:
100% Agree

well thanks, I did see you guys were full with members in your guild was why to be honest. I dont even know if non paying members can joing guilds, anyways. I wanted to give it a shot and I dont really want to be a burden to anyone because I may not like it or be able to play enough.

Aengus, if you're wanting to try it out, I've still got a 2-week unlimted play pass if you'd like it...

lmk!

Well thanks cyre :) I wouldn't want to take that offer up when someone else could use it who may already be playing and loving it, but I really appreciate your offering :)

oh and thanks shadow :) I dont really know what the heck you were talking about I havent played yet. I was in the beta and played 1 day. I crashed, then reloaded, crashed again... and never went back ROFL

We are considering opening our guild to a few more members since we have a couple that seem to have gone AWOL. However, if you can't even find your own boat, not sure we want you :rotfl2:

Yes, basic members can join guilds too.

Indeed non-paying members can join guilds. I have no problem taking a new matey under wing and helping him get started (took me forever to figure out how to use my voodoo doll so I can sympathize with missing boats). Welcome to the game, Aengus, and I look forward to seeing you.

To find your sloop, just head down to the beach at Port Royal. Look for a dinghy. As you approach, it displays a green circle. Press shift and that will enable you to launch your sloop.

I truly believe that everyone should start with basic access (non-paying). You get a good idea of what the game involves, how to play, what to do, etc. If you find you like it enough, you can upgrade to unlimited access.

I personally would not pay for a game that I could not at least try for free for a while. How would I know if I even liked it or not.

I personally started off with basic access. I found that i enjoyed the game so much, that it was easy for me to fork over the money and do the upgrade. Both myself and my daughters have unlimited access.

We have several in our guild that are basic access players so that does not make a difference at all. But as Pink mentioned, some of them-including my daughter - have gone AWOL so there is always room for a few more. It would never be a burden, some of us really enjoy helping others level up.

Give it some thought and keep trying it for a while........

PS-the only benefit I could see from starting from the beginning as an unlimited access player is that you would be able to rep up faster. Other than that, really I don't see any advantage from being an unlimited access player from the get go.

Indeed non-paying members can join guilds. I have no problem taking a new matey under wing and helping him get started (took me forever to figure out how to use my voodoo doll so I can sympathize with missing boats). Welcome to the game, Aengus, and I look forward to seeing you.

You are far too nice, Jade. What are you doing in our guild again? LOL! ;)

Arg, none of us should have told him where his boat is. Just let him keep following that yellow arrow and the beacon of light for days on end.... :dance3:

I wish I could just hand over my account, I was in some cave attacking a few bandits and I just logged off LOL

I would remind you, Pink, that while you and the other ladies of our guild are drooling over assorted beach bums around the Caribbean, I'm the one favored by Barbossa. Too nice would not cut it with that Buckle Swashler. He prefers his wenches able to handle cutlass, pistol, as well as master of sail.

I ended up playing POTC like 10 times today off and on heh.

I am working on the tia quest now so far so good :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter