Potential Purchase- Check my logic?

Your plan seems reasonable to me.

As far as why there are so many Poly contracts -- it's hard to say. It could be from people that bought direct a few years ago and have "outgrown" their purchase. The lack of 1 and 2 BRs could also be forcing a higher number of people to sell their contracts. Seems logical that some bought Poly direct since that was their only option, and they had planned on switching out at 7 months -- but after a couple of years, they now find that they can't switch out as easily as they were led to believe during the sales meeting.

Lastly, while poly isn't a huge resort, it isn't small either (point wise). All things equal -- the more points a resort has, the more likely you will see resale contracts for sale. As you can see in the table below, SSR/OKW/AKV lead the way in WDW DVC properties, and they usually have a lot of resale contracts on the market.

ResortPoints
Saratoga Springs Resort 14,029,319
Aulani 11,519,025
Old Key West 7,674,852
Animal Kingdom Villas 7,399,244
Bay Lake Tower 5,732,762
Boardwalk Villas 4,888,837
Polynesian Villas and Bungalows 4,032,720
Copper Creek Cabin & Villas 3,321,966
Beach Club Villas 3,027,124
Villas at Grand Floridian 2,520,379
Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge 1,961,969
Vero Beach 1,616,438
Hilton Head Island 1,368,962
Villas at Grand Californian 1,136,865

Well I do take time off, but I tend to do staycations that morph into working from home. It's an inherited trait, as my father was the same way. In any case, I also like the fact that the Poly has three beds in their studios (normal, sofa and what I call the wall bed). Despite all being in the same room, the kids can each have their own bed. And if necessary, we can fit up to 5 people, not that I necessarily would want to room with that many people. From what I've been able to determine, the one bedrooms only have two beds and accomodate up to 4 people.
Another difference between studios and 1 beds is the laundry, kitchen, dining table, etc. And often a second bathroom. Just more space over-all. And the King sized bed - that's a major perk :)

Another difference between studios and 1 beds is the laundry, kitchen, dining table, etc. And often a second bathroom. Just more space over-all. And the King sized bed - that's a major perk :)

pretty sure there are only two WDW DVC properties with the 2nd bathroom. BLT and AKV-Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter