Pottermore

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
If you haven't done so as of yet, be sure to go to www.pottermore.com tomorrow morning as its the last chance to get to register for beta in the game.

I will see you all there. MistKnight133 at your service :wizard:

Oh good,Aengus. Glad to see you got into beta. I'll be there too (registered Day 3) as StarThestralxx.

Oh good,Aengus. Glad to see you got into beta. I'll be there too (registered Day 3) as StarThestralxx.

yes, to be honest, kind of have a good feeling on this one. The fact its backed by its author and seeing what she did in universal and all. yeah, im excited to see it!

Hey there, Iris. Nice to see you! Rough few years but things are better now.

Yes, I have a good feeling about this too. I've often thought it was a shame that Jo Rowling created all that research and back story and it's just been sitting in boxes. This is a wonderful way for her to release all of her world building background.

Even my fellah is excited and has decided to answer the sorting hat questions straight-forwardly instead of his usual method of playing games while answering. I think he's really interested in learning which House he would have been sorted into if he'd attended Hogwarts. I know I am.

Can't wait to re-enter her amazing wizard world.

This is GalleonShadow19! Turner (my sister) is LumosNight38. I am so pumped! On MuggleNet someone commented saying they hope it is like VMK!

Reports of the Welcome emails are starting to arrive (even a few of our DIS members have received theirs) so start watching your inboxes. According to those who have received their emails, access will begin in mid-August. Bulk seem to be for the younger witches and wizards. Seems random as to which day you found your quill as there have been Days 4, 3, and 1 represented so far.

Update: There is a new entry on the Pottermore Insider blog. It appears that the emails are not the actual welcome but just another comfirmation; not very different from the validation email and does not really indicate when entry will be available. The main thing it updates is that instead of the previous Pottermore Insider 8 August date, they have moved it back to mid-August. It still doesn't indicate an order of entry. At least they are communicating so that is good news.

Reports of the Welcome emails are starting to arrive (even a few of our DIS members have received theirs) so start watching your inboxes. According to those who have received their emails, access will begin in mid-August. Bulk seem to be for the younger witches and wizards. Seems random as to which day you found your quill as there have been Days 4, 3, and 1 represented so far.

Update: There is a new entry on the Pottermore Insider blog. It appears that the emails are not the actual welcome but just another comfirmation; not very different from the validation email and does not really indicate when entry will be available. The main thing it updates is that instead of the previous Pottermore Insider 8 August date, they have moved it back to mid-August. It still doesn't indicate an order of entry. At least they are communicating so that is good news.

I was just going to post about the update on the Pottermore Insider Blog! DD11 was the one who got the email and she got in on Day4. I got in on Day 3 and haven't received one.

I just checked Team Portkey on Facebook. Adults are now receiving their confirmations so it appears that the first wave was sent to the younger witches and wizards who require parental permission.

One question was why are they bothering to send these second confirmations out. My theory is that it serves two purposes. One, it enables the Pottermore staff to update the date when beta will begin (remember, we had been told 08 August but obviously missed that day for whatever reason). Two, they may want to verify emails so that when the true entry Welcome emails go out, they will reach the intended recipient (i.e., less risk of "undeliverable" bounce back error message). Remember, there are 1,000,000 beta testers so, even with an optimal system, it still takes time to generate and send all the emails.

I haven't received my second confirmation either so it may be a little while.

I finally got my confirmation that I would be getting in early :)

Pottermore Insider (official Pottermore blog) has announced that beta testing has begun. Some of the fan sites (i.e., Mugglenet) are reporting that Day 1 folks have started to receive their "Welcome" emails. Start watching those emails! I found the Magical Quill on Day 3 so will have to wait a bit yet.

I registered on Day 5... for some reason I'm super paranoid i won't get in, but i received an email this morning saying look for your welcome email and i was selected... so here's hoping. i'm RiverSun##

Still haven't gotten my welcome e-mail (Did get the confirmation) even though I got in within the first 30 minutes on the first day.

Hey there, Jedi.

According the fan sites, there is some randomness involved so it's not going to be all day 1 people, day 2, etc.

My guess is they are bringing young wizards in based on age, country, languge, etc. which makes sense for beta testing. They did have some demographic questions during registration which enables them to get a decent cross-section.

Guess we can only wait. Early reports from those who have gained access indicate that the graphics are beautiful, Rowling's additional material is outstanding, and the site was well worth waiting for.

Hey there, Jedi.

According the fan sites, there is some randomness involved so it's not going to be all day 1 people, day 2, etc.

My guess is they are bringing young wizards in based on age, country, languge, etc. which makes sense for beta testing. They did have some demographic questions during registration which enables them to get a decent cross-section.

Guess we can only wait. Early reports from those who have gained access indicate that the graphics are beautiful, Rowling's additional material is outstanding, and the site was well worth waiting for.

I cant wait to see it :)

Dear Pottermore,

Please send me a welcome email tomorrow! I have the whole day available to do the site! It would absolutely make my day!

Hope that works! :rotfl2:

My youngest actually said she wants to be in Slytherin! It would be funny if each of us got into a different house!

Got my OK to enter and...

Sign in to Pottermore

Due to high levels of demand, we are currently restricting access to Pottermore. Please come back and try again later.

Pottermore

DOH! ROFL

Well, I never did get a welcome email, and all of my friends apparently did like ages ago...did I miss something???:confused3

I am not sure, but the game is opening to everyone in October so it won't be long now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts