Potty training toddler in Disney...foldable potty seat

the post it notes work for your stall but what about the other stalls? can stop all of them from flushing while you are there and that is reason I say to practice at mall or small park near you.

Agree practicing is a good thing also, but this will help with the oh my gosh I am going to get sucked in fear.

Thankful my son trained in between trips. Like some others, I had attempted to train him but he had been a real pain until one day he just said he didn’t want to do it. I just decided to wait on him. 3 months before his 4th birthday he asked for some Buzz Light-year underwear, the ones I had been trying to bribe him with all along. He had refused because he felt he would wet Buzz.

Then we had the standoff when I told him boys stand to urinate. He thought I'd lost my marbles (only male in the house). Once we got past that, dang if the boy wasn’t day and night trained in less than 3 weeks. I wish I’d taken the same approach with my daughter.

But oh my those noisy toilets. Even if you keep yours from flushing, the ones on either side are out of your control. My son would have flashed a few folks had I not been in the stall with him on occasion because he tried to run out with his pants down. Both of my children have sensitive ears. And they both hate those public toilets. It seemed for some of them no matter what I did, even putting a jacket over it, it would still flush.

My daughter overcame it around age 6. She still needs headphones for things like fireworks shows. My son has headphones he wears at Disney, at Sporting Events and in some theaters where the sound just surrounds you. He’s getting better about the toilets; but he will sometimes ask for his headphones when he heads to a public restroom. Of course if we are at the mall or somewhere not generally noisy, I don’t have them. Sometimes when it isn’t an auto flush toilet, I have to tell him several times before he believes me. Others I’m either holding his ears or undoing his clothes while he holds his ears.

the post it notes work for your stall but what about the other stalls? can stop all of them from flushing while you are there and that is reason I say to practice at mall or small park near you.

That was our problem, not the stall *we* were in, but all of the others ones. I used to know that if there was a flush as we walked in, to just walk right back on out, lol, before we even got to the "mommy its too LOUD!"

That was totally my DD as a toddler! There were times we had to look in about every stall in the restroom, because if the toilet seat had scratched paint, she would refuse to believe it was clean and would not sit on it. She also did not like it if there was any piece of toilet paper on the floor in the stall and considered that dirty as well . She is 9 now, and she still is picky about restroom stalls, but not as crazy as when she was a toddler. We both have crazy girls!

Mine is 10 now and she is still finicky too!

We use something similar called Pocket Potty Pro. Folds up small enough to slip into the backpack of kid stuff, and she doesn't mind using it in public restrooms (we haven't taken it on a plane yet, but as she won't sit on a public toilet to save her life, it's come in handy many times in many places!). I don't love that it uses disposable bags, but since it's for "emergency" type situations, it seems worth it to me while we transition.

The good thing about this potty was that my daughter could use it anywhere. We had just started toilet training when we went on a holiday to Italy by train. She used it in the train toilet cubicle, in the bathroom of our holiday apartment, on the footpath (discretely!) in a couple of different towns, on the beach etc with no problems at all. It folds up and is very light and portable. It also gave me piece of mind when out and about just in Zurich, as it meant we didn't have to find an actual toilet in an emergency. The emergency never actually happened but I certainly felt better about it in the meantime!

Did it the old fashioned way, held them up. We left our potty seat at the hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!