PPO BOG - Will gluten free meal hold us up?

MomtothreeEs

I spend way too much time searching for ADRs...
Does anyone have experience with ordering GF for an early morning ADR at BOG? Will ordering gluten free at BOG slow down our breakfast? Obviously I have this adr to get a head start on SDMT. Thanks!

#1 no it will not, they have everything ready and bring it out to you shortly after your arrival, #2 no matter when your ADR is you will be able to enter the park at 7:45am and check in for your reservation. As long as you are out and in the SDMT queue by 8:30am you will be fine.

Great! Thank you! Our adr is 8:05. I’m still preparing mentally for that early start. Lol. I keep checking for SDMT FP, but it looks like bog is our best bet. My DD requested BOG anyway, so it’s not horrible.... just the timing. I just want to make sure the early wake up and outrageously priced breakfast is worth it. :)

If you didn't know, not everyone in your party has to order something. I have read here that it is possible to order nothing, though I personally would feel weird about that, so we usually order 1-2 things for the kids and coffee for ourselves - neither my husband nor I usually eat before 10-11am, so just know it's perfectly fine for your daughter to choose something but for you to just get coffee (or nothing) if that's what you prefer.

Does anyone have experience with ordering GF for an early morning ADR at BOG? Will ordering gluten free at BOG slow down our breakfast? Obviously I have this adr to get a head start on SDMT. Thanks!
Our experience has been the same as the PP, GF doesn't take more time than other orders. Definitely pre-order! DH and I split the Feast ala Gaston (we're not big eaters in general) and they brought a platter of GF quick breads.
When you're done, you line up on the side of 7DMT where the CM is (usually) standing and where the line forms. They don't let people in front of 7DMT so there's no line jumping. When it's close to park open, the CM will walk the line into the 7DMT queue.
Have fun!

It slowed us down a bit. We checked in at 8 for our 8:05 ADR and had pre-ordered. Our food did not arrive until 8:29...(yes, I kept checking my phone because I was hoping to also get in line for SDMT.) The kids had the GF waffles and my DH and I ordered off the standard menu, not sure if that contributed to the slow down.

I’ve even done this on mornings when they had EMM and gotten a ride in before park opening.

We were there in July and I felt like they catered to me more than anyone in our party. It was amazing and definitely didn’t slow anything down

Just to update from our trip in January... GF at BOG was easy this time around. We got in line for SDMT just fine.

Unfortunately SDMT was “experiencing a delayed opening” and we stood in line for an hour before finally giving up. Ugh. We asked for a FP, but they said no. What a waste! Missed out on rope drop short lines for other rides while wasting our time in line. We did finally ride SDMT around 10pm that day, but since we only went to BOG to get a head start on SDMT, it was a lot of wasted money and hassle. Just a warning for others that it could happen.

Just to update from our trip in January... GF at BOG was easy this time around. We got in line for SDMT just fine.

Unfortunately SDMT was “experiencing a delayed opening” and we stood in line for an hour before finally giving up. Ugh. We asked for a FP, but they said no. What a waste! Missed out on rope drop short lines for other rides while wasting our time in line. We did finally ride SDMT around 10pm that day, but since we only went to BOG to get a head start on SDMT, it was a lot of wasted money and hassle. Just a warning for others that it could happen.
Oh man...SDMT was often shut down when we were there as well. How was your GF meal at BOG?

Oh man...SDMT was often shut down when we were there as well. How was your GF meal at BOG?
Meh. It wasn’t our first breakfast there. Just our first PPO there. We knew what we were getting into as far as quality of food. My DD was still excited to walk into the rose room and see the insides, but the food is more like what you’d expect from an elementary school cafeteria. It’s a very expensive breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter