PPO breakfast worth it for 7 dwarves?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
See it is quite expensive for Beauty and the Beast breakfast since DD is not a big breakfast eater...but we want to get to ride 7 dwarves more than once with FP and can't tolerate 1 hour plus waits. So is it worth it for have breakfast to get onto 7 dwarves and then splash mt? Or should we just do rope drop?

See it is quite expensive for Beauty and the Beast breakfast since DD is not a big breakfast eater...but we want to get to ride 7 dwarves more than once with FP and can't tolerate 1 hour plus waits. So is it worth it for have breakfast to get onto 7 dwarves and then splash mt? Or should we just do rope drop?
You will be able to ride SDMT once just before the rope drop crowds arrive. Preorder your food to save time and arrive at BOG at 8am for any PPO reservation time. Adults can order kids meals, or even just a cup of coffee. Everyone in your party does not need to order something and you can share as long as one person in your party does order something.

No one can say whether it’s “worth it.” That comes down to actually deciding how you want to spend your money. But, your daughter doesn’t even need to order a meal. She can pick off the pastries on the table while the rest of you eat.

Worth it for us. We were a party of 3 and ordered one adult and one kids meal. We didn’t have a FP for 7D and were able to ride and be off at 905. Walked off before the insanity of the RD crowds

What your price of the breakfast will buy you is one ride, as the rope drop crowd approaches, and after that you will be in line just like everyone else (if, indeed, you want to ride more than once). The breakfast is certainly not the best on property, by far and the cost is not justifiable to our family. It's free to stand in line. But that's where you need to decide "worth" for yourself.

I thought it was basically a break even proposition and it was a one and done from my point of view. But my kids loved the whole experience of getting into the park early and getting to ride just as park opens. So we're doing it again this year. It's the only breakfast we do - we eat in our room usually.

I do want to caution that you are not actually buying a ride on 7DMT so if the ride is down or a CM doesn't let the line in before the RD crowd for some reason you don't have any recourse. All you are technically buying is breakfast. It seems to be pretty rare that 7DMT isn't open at park open but it is a possibility.

Depends. We love the atmosphere and food at BOG so we try to make a PPO the every trip. Usually it gives us one quick ride on 7DMT, although a few times we got on two or three times depending on what time the CMs let us ahead of rope drop. You can always rope drop it for under an hour as long as you are towards the front of the pack.

One tip, if you do decide to eat at BOG, preorder the day or morning of. It puts you at the front of the dining line and you will be among the first out and in line.

If you want an easy way to ride 7DMT once, yes it's worth it. You can order a single entree and a few drinks if you want. So the price is variable. But if you want to ride multiple times I'd cancel the reservation and invest in an EMM morning.

Just make sure the park doesn't have morning EMH or early park opening that day!

I do want to caution that you are not actually buying a ride on 7DMT so if the ride is down or a CM doesn't let the line in before the RD crowd for some reason you don't have any recourse. All you are technically buying is breakfast. It seems to be pretty rare that 7DMT isn't open at park open but it is a possibility.
Yes. Definitely this. 7DMT was down when we did a PPO breakfast at BOG.

If it is a morning with the hard ticket EMM event that people pay for you are allowed to line up but not ride during the paid event which ends at park opening time. People state they start letting them ride right before rope drop crowd.

If you want an alternate solution, you can often find a short line right after the fireworks show ends. We waited about 10 minutes the last time we visited. The posted wait was 70.

Word of caution. We were there last week. Let in at 7:45. Had breakfast preordered. Ate quick and 3rd in line for the mine train. Well, there was a problem with it. Was not able to open at opening. We chose to wait but it did not open until 9:00. Such a waste of time but we didnt have a FP and it is our whole family's favorite. So, even when you you everything right it's not a certainty.

I did BOG PPO and had a great experience. Yes, the food is way overpriced, but not everyone needs to order something at all. I was by myself and got a kids meal(definitely pre-order, it puts you way ahead as you get in before everyone else who didn't). I saw plenty of people only ordering a few dishes and sharing. You also get a plate of pastries for the table.

The inside of BOG is pretty neat and I had fun looking around as well. If your not a beauty and the beast fan, it will not hold much value for you, but I thought it was great.

It was not an EMM day so I lined up for the train around 8:30/8:40 and we were led over prior to the park opening. I rode once, heard the opening call from the front of the park and got in line again and rode a second time(I was put with someone whose family had gotten out of BOG just as we were being led over to the train so even if you are farther back, you can beat the RD crowd).
When I got off the RD crowd had arrived and I headed to Space(I should have picked something else or headed right after the first ride, but that's a different story). I could have gotten to PP if I had not done the second ride on mine train.

Yes, I paid $16 for a mediocre breakfast, but it felt like it added an additional fast pass. I got to see a really cool restaurant, and got into the park before general opening. I even managed to get an empty castle shot(which I forgot to purchase before it expired).

However, on an EMM day, I would not have gotten that second ride at all. There is also nothing that says you are definitely going to get a ride, and there's no guarantee you will be lead over early as I was.
I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I also had a backup in case SDMT was down. I would have just headed to PP instead. You are also placed well so you could get over to BTMRR or Space reasonably easily, or could book it to HM, Pirates and Jungle before the lines at those build.

It doesn't have to be an expensive proposition. We did it on our last trip and there were 5 of us - one who ate gluten free order a kids' meal off the GF menu, and the rest of us got cupcakes (we ate something in the room in advance so we wouldn't be starving). Even though we only ordered cupcakes and drinks, we still got the plate of pastries, plus we had a second plate with GF pastries. If you just have a breakfast "snack" like we did, it's well worth it.

I've never had breakfast there but the castle is beautiful. Ride is awesome too and it's one of our faves in the MK.

Some things to consider that others have pointed out with a PPO. If it gets changed to a EMM day, you won't be able to ride until park opens. Also, park times can change and your PPO can become after opening. If you really want to ride multiple times, you can invest in EMM or hope for additional fast passes during the day.

As a rule any breakfast that we eat in a park is PPO. Our best luck has been Garden Grill and Soarin but also Tusker House and Kilimanjaro. In that one almost everyone heads to Pandora and we head to everything else after breakfast. I am not a big fan of BoG (one and done for us) but we have had luck with Crystal Palace.

Worth it for us. We were a party of 3 and ordered one adult and one kids meal. We didn’t have a FP for 7D and were able to ride and be off at 905. Walked off before the insanity of the RD crowds

We did exactly this in early March. We honestly could have done without buying the kids meal since we found the pastries served with the meal to be more than enough for the 3 of us to split. Even though we had 1 adult meal, we both got coffees (I don't think they check/care about who gets drinks as long as there is at least one meal ordered).

Got to the restaurant by 8 and had pre-ordered. We were out by 8:35 (and didn't feel rushed at all). There was already a bit of a line up for SDMT, and we waited for a while. I know others have mentioned that they sometimes start letting guests on early, but for us, we watched the ride go by empty a few times (for testing?) and they didn't start letting riders on until right at 8:55. When we got off, rope drop had already occurred and the lineup was already at 45 mins long. We were able to get a lot of other rides done afterwards, as well as a fairly empty park when we were let in at 7:45 or so, which meant that we got our obligatory Castle pic taken by a cast member with no wait. So for us it was 100% worth it.

It is a good idea however be sure to pay attention to park hours. If the MK opens at 8 you have lost any advantage you may have had.

Isn't it a quick service credit on the dining plan? We are planning to do the preorder and use quick service credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter