~Practically Perfect In Every Way~ 8/18-8/28 at The Polynesian!

disneylove16

DIS Veteran
THE TRIP THAT WAS PRACTICALLY
PERFECT IN EVERY WAY

An August 18-28 Trip Report
200_s.gif

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my 2nd trip report! Our last trip was 1 year ago almost to the day. Last year's trip was our Disneymoon, and this years trip was to celebrate 1 year of marriage, and 8 years of being a couple (I was enough of a control freak to plan our wedding date on the same day we started dating). This years trip was very different from our last trip. We were way less commando, and almost downright lazy, which I blame on the resort. More on that later. Let's begin, shall we?

1NUkoSt.jpg

Who: DH (35) and me (34)
What: A 9 day trip, staying out our dream resort!
Where: The Polynesian
When: August 18-28
Why: To celebrate 1 year of marriage, and 8 years of putting up with each other
I'll include an intro in case you didn't read my last TR, and if you have, feel free to skip ahead!

Me:
zfvO4oj.jpg

Yes, I did take a selfie in the resort's bathroom. Don't judge. These pictures make me laugh too, because my hair was blow dried and flat ironed before traveling. That's Florida humidity for ya! :laughing:
Disney freak, goofball, and super planner. I still have some social anxiety, but am getting better at managing it. I'm proud to say I was able to come off all medications by making quite a few lifestlye changes.
I'm from NY, currently living in CA. My grandparents lived in FL, and my brother and I would go visit them for the summers growing up, with annual passes, so we visited WDW countless times. I've been back to visit as an adult in my 20's a few times, and once with DH 6 years ago. I've stayed at GF (as a young child), Poly (as a young child), Contemporary (as a young child), Coronado Springs, All Star Sports, and offsite. WDW is such a sentimental place for me. It's my happy place, and my favorite place on earth.

Favorite ride: Pirates of the Caribbean, and now Flight of Passage
Favorite park: Epcot
Favorite characters: Stitch, Pua, Harris, Hubert & Hamish (I count them as 1), and Figment
Favorite Restaurant: Raglan Road

DH:
9HQPQI4.jpg

He is car-obsessed, laid back, pretty much has me make all the plans, and he goes with the flow. This is a blessing and a curse. Our 1st trip together 7 years ago was DH's first trip ever to WDW. He fell in love with it. I swear every trip he becomes more and more Disney-obsessed (which I am ever grateful for). He is also my happy place, my home.

Favorite rides: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest
Favorite park: Epcot
Favorite characters: Goofy, Gerald (finding Dory) and Hei-Hei
Favorite Restaurant: Coral Reef

Last up, our fur-baby aka sweet potato aka sugar bear aka bubba (I pretty much call her everything but her name)
Although she does not visit WDW with us, I'm including her in my TR because she's family. Since we don't have any children, she is our baby. I am ridiculously attached to her, and have a really hard time leaving her. My in-laws doggie sat for us, but it does put a stress on our vacations. She has a lot of health problems, including pancreatitis. She hasn't had an attack (thank God) for over a year though, so I was hoping she stayed healthy for our trip. She is beyond spoiled.:
APKFOXt.jpg

From our PTR:
We are rope-drop, commando-type visitors. We get a lot done in the first hour of our day. We don't usually take breaks during the day (I know, I know.) Although, since we'll be staying at The Poly this trip, I think we are going to try and take afternoon breaks this trip. We try to stay to close, but that rarely happens. We are both early birds rather than night owls, but we try to squeeze as much Disney as possible out of our time there. We both love thrill rides, and love to eat. I love to try new things, while DH is more of a burgers and steak guy. He rarely drinks at home, but loves getting beers to "relax" at WDW. I also don't eat beef or pork, so that will reflect in the food that I order. We will probably be snacking a lot this trip, since we've been eating mostly clean the last 6 months. I have a list of Disney foods I'm craving!

*We pretty much did the complete opposite of our usual WDW touring style. I meticulously planned every day to the finest detail, and completely derailed more and more as our trip went on. You see, I forgot to take into consideration just how lovely The Polynesian is. We found ourselves wanting to stay at the resort as much as possible, and not always wanting to go to the parks.
2 VERY big difference at WDW this year vs last year: The heat and the crowds. The heat was so much more bearable this year. We couldn't figure out if it's because we were in better shape, if it was because we actually got some rain this trip (last year it only rained twice for a few minutes), or if it was truly cooler out. However, the crowds were so much heavier this year. Every park, every day. And I use every online planning tool to pick which parks to visit each day.
We ended up ditching quite a bit of our plans to lounge at the resort. This was our planned Itinerary vs what we actually did:

Friday, August 18th

Travel day
We will be taking an overnight flight this trip, which we did 7 years ago. We take off at 7 pm Friday night, and get into MCO Saturday morning at 5 am. We will most likely eat dinner during our layover, and sleep on the flight to MCO. We ended up not being hungry, and neither of us could sleep. So we arrived exhausted and out of it. Also, flying overnight was a horrible idea for us. Some people can hack it. Not us. Neither of us were able to shake the "weird feeling" for most of the trip. DH says it feels like being hungover. I just feel tired and a little delirious. Regardless, we had an amazing trip.

Saturday, 8/19
Arrival Day
We plan on lounging at the resort, and going to Disney Springs
Breakfast: Captain Cook's
Lunch: Earl of Sandwich, Daily Poutine, Amorette's Patisserie

Sunday, 8/20
Magic Kingdom
*Disney Early Morning Magic
Lunch: Columbia Harbour House
Dinner: Be Our Guest

Monday, 8/21
Epcot
Lunch: Spice Road Table
Dinner- Coral Reef
*We ended up booking a last minute ADR for SRT for lunch, and sooo glad we did!

Tuesday, 8/22
Rest/ DHS
We kind of sort of did HS. We did 1 ride and hit Starbucks, that was it.
Breakfast: Kona Island *this became a staple for my coffee this trip
Lunch: Oasis Bar & Grill
Abracadabar, Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie
Dinner- Cape May Cafe
After Dinner: Trader Sam's and Captain Cook's

Wednesday, 8/23
AK
Lunch: Satu'li Canteen
Pongu Pongu
Dinner- Tusker House

Thursday, 8/24
Rest/ DS
Breakfast: Kona Island
Lunch: Dluxe Burger
Sprinkles, Morimoto Street Food, Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar
Dinner- Raglan Road
*We went to AK after dinner

Friday, 8/25
Epcot
Lunch- Via Napoli
Dinner- Room Service (I ordered the Twilight Feast, more on that later)

Saturday, 8/26
MK (maybe)
Lunch: Oasis Bar & Grill
Dinner- Morimoto Asia
After dinner: Aristcrepes, BB Wolf's Sausage Co, Goofy's Candy Co
We will be meeting up with my DB, DSIL, DC, and ok I don't know the acronym for dear cousin's husband?:confused3 for dinner
*My brother and his family ended up coming to our resort early in the day. We swam, lounged by the pool, and were downright lazy. DH and I made a night of it at DS after dinner.

Sunday, 8/27
AK
Dinner- Boma
DS. Again.
Bongo's Cuban Cafe, Candy Cauldran
Lunch: Art Smith's Homecoming
Dinner: Room Service. Again.
Pineapple Lanai
*We ended up continuing our lazy streak and did nothing. We lounged at the resort, and went to DS. We also cancelled our ADR and got room service.

Monday, 8/28
Travel home super early

200.gif

*WARNING* As usual, my TR's are VERY photo-heavy. I came back with over 3k photos. :rolleyes1 But, reading others' trip reports was one of my favorite things to do to pass time waiting for our trip. And I loved looking at the photos. So I'm returning the favor 10 fold. I took pictures of of anything we ate (much to DH's dismay). I also apologize in advance for photos of us being selfies. I didn't purchase memory maker, and I'm not keen on asking people to take photos for me. We did have some very nice people offer, so there are some "normal" photos of us, but we did take a good amount of selfies. After the Photobucket fiasco screwing my last TR up, I've since discovered Imgur. I spent the last week uploading all my trip photos so that I can just copy and paste along during my trip updates.

Well, I think that's it for the introductions! I hope you'll join along for this journey, and I thank you for reading along!

Last edited:
Day 1: TRAVEL DAY/ DS
DH worked a half day on our travel day, and I took the day off. I love getting pampered before vacation, and getting into relaxation mode. I spent the morning packing, hit the gym one last time (and took advantage of the hydromassage chairs, naturally), and got my nails done. DH and I both got home around 12, finished up our final packing, showered, and got ready to go. Our flight out was on Friday, 8/18 at 6:50 pm. The airport is about an hour away, so we left the house around 4:30 pm. The entire morning I felt so out of it, like my head was in a cloud. My workout helped a little, but I think I was just in disbelief. Does anyone else go through this? We spend almost a year (for some, even more than that) planning a trip, looking forward to it, obsessing over it, and then the day that seems so far away finally comes. And it's like your brain isn't ready for it? No? Just me? Alright then...
DH's cousin dropped us off at Fresno airport around 5:15 pm. I started getting my first full fledged panic attack after saying goodbye to my dog and getting in the car. By the time we got to the airport, I was in bad shape. I had some medication with me, but was desparate not to take it. I used some aromatherapy inhalers I had purchased for the trip, that are meant to help with anxiety. We bought some snacks and found our gate. The woman that checked us in saw our yellow DME luggage tags and commented how lucky we were, which was nice, and one of the security screeners commented on my shirt, how Disney is her happy place too. We really do have the nicest Airport staff.
DH called his mom while we were waiting to board, to ease my mind about my Sugar Bear being ok.
v12uYkP.jpg

(In case you don't recall from my first TR, or if you are new to reading my TR's, DH has RBF. He looks angry, he's not, I promise.)
200.webp

My puppers was ok, and we boarded the plane
Uqrr8sf.jpg

Our quick flight to LA was uneventful. We planned on getting dinner at the airport, but since we had to wait for a gate to open up for our plane, we ended up only having a 40 minute layover. Which is nothing at LAX. We had to take a bus from our terminal to a different terminal, and go find our gate. We passed a few food vendors, but weren't all that hungry. So we skipped dinner.
Waiting to board our flight:
EH0URS0.jpg

We didn't sleep, although I look like I just rolled out of bed! Our flight departed LAX at 9:10 pm, and arrived to MCO just shy of 5 am. The plan was to sleep on the plane, but it just didn't happen. I want to say that were were too excited to sleep, but that wasn't it. DH slept on and off. I was tired, and wanted to sleep, I just couldn't. I have restless leg syndrome very once in a while, and it decided it wanted to join me on the plane. :sad2:

It was still dark when we arrived, which gave the fauxnorail a different feel. But we were excited nontheless
v9YHPGt.jpg

JexVMYs.jpg

DH was hungry, and I needed coffee pronto, so we stopped at Dunkin Donuts.
67OBrZ5.jpg

Px3daFY.jpg

DH got some kind of egg sandwich on a bagel, and I got an iced coffee.
I took some photos while I waited for DH to finish eating.
(Imgur uploads the photos out of order, so I'm not sure if this one is from the area we were at, or if I snapped it somewhere else along the way:
ALN0tD4.jpg

NZXTVTt.jpg

UXWG4fI.jpg

VZtChb8.jpg

h3mvYXD.jpg

pDx0kJz.jpg

Before I knew it, we were walking (DH was walking, I was skipping) up to DME
JlM2jpp.jpg

QK917IZ.jpg

The guy on the right ended up being our bus driver, and and laughed about how hyper (excited) I was.
gnkS08l.jpg

There was only 2 other people on our bus, going to Port Orleans, so the bus was empty, and quiet. The bus driver also said he forgot the DVD to play on the bus, so it was a much different feel. We were still stoked.
VPkuWPF.jpg

Magic bands on and ready
hYrHA3Q.jpg

I tried to get some photos of the WDW sign, but it was just too dark. I didn't even know we were driving under it til it was too late. I did catch one of The Poly entrance sign, but we were moving too fast, so it's a blur. We did stop long enough for me to catch the security gate
TcuuAv5.jpg

I was caught between the excitement of being there, and wanting to just take it in, and wanting to take photos of everything, which is why some are so blurry.
Caj6ma6.jpg

pJs3uDt.jpg

urmSEir.jpg

DimxTnW.jpg

YpusB7h.jpg

MLWybQb.jpg

Ah4CKV0.jpg

fPKMfpA.jpg

2Rx6HRg.jpg

728tu6q.jpg

H67xSR7.jpg

BAbqK8v.jpg

ybAggax.jpg

F2rhGIu.jpg

bBHCCm1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
LRFqObc.jpg

6wQLp6o.jpg

cAIBHAq.jpg

9zKIrbP.jpg

I promise the photos get better. A lot of these are blurry. We checked in, and of course our room was not ready yet. I didn't request any specific buildings or rooms, just a balcony. The lovely cast member that checked us in gave us our lei necklaces, and informed us we could leave our carryons with bell services if we wanted to hit the parks before our room was ready. We headed to Captian Cook's because I was starting to get hungry.

tsJoVoY.jpg

9S85OG4.jpg

EADf7hM.jpg

2b8lyMM.jpg

GID7BQj.jpg

urnXBRV.jpg

nEJGUza.jpg

Qu3yibU.jpg

lyI50Qc.jpg

QffVzEB.jpg

8kRvfbj.jpg

3uRHPsc.jpg

ntjXscz.jpg

RXKsVJ0.jpg

JQ63m5Z.jpg

OqYTBPv.jpg

I got some Mickey Waffles (Yum) and DH was still full from his egg sandwich.
sBxYhnG.jpg

uGE9L3K.jpg

ahhIqSn.jpg

The sun was rising, and I was able to start seeing the outside seating for Captain Cook's through the windows, which meant I could see the rest of the resort!
qCTUrYp.jpg

w5j0EsZ.jpg

I am not that sentimental of a person. I definitely don't happy cry. But when I walked through the resort, and out those back doors, and saw just how beautiful our home for the next 9 days was, I cried. I ugly cried. When I saw the castle, I was pretty much a sobbing mess. DH laughed at me, but I could tell how happy he was too. This was our dream resort, and the anticipation of our trip just hit me. The resort is just absolutely breathtaking. I loved everything about it. The attention to detail, the relaxing music, and that smellllll of the lobby
200.webp

We have the ability to take pictures, record video and audio, why has no one invented the technology to capture smells? (I know it's possible to buy the machine and cartridges that Disney uses to create the scents, and plan on asking for it for Christmas, but still.) Wouldn't it be amazing to have a little device with you that you could just fill with Disney smells? I think so.

vW9IrcH.jpg

1NUkoSt.jpg

I already look sunburnt. Nope, just red from crying.

fLcQo1U.jpg

nXik4Ye.jpg

qxHLaoL.jpg

3APMS2d.jpg

SVPyf7r.jpg

wOjOLsW.jpg

h0tR3X3.jpg

aP71Jj6.jpg

vSZD67Q.jpg

pON3pt6.jpg

hE1WWai.jpg

mHWY6XA.jpg

KLqfbGJ.jpg

R4JIffP.jpg

MiSGIxe.jpg

ER3yeEU.jpg

uastL4t.jpg

KD4Judm.jpg

We went back inside to relax in the lobby a bit and come up with a game plan.
FwIg29K.jpg

vI3epde.jpg

4ekWNdy.jpg

5XFey4y.jpg

Up next:
PgFyBj6.jpg

Last edited:
Joining in! I'm loving all your pics of The Poly :love::love::love: We will be back in a couple months and I can't wait!

You guys looked great after flying all night! I'd look far worse :crazy2:

Can't wait to read more!

Awesome start to your report! I love the Poly too, such a beautiful resort! Can't wait to read more!

Joining in! I'm loving all your pics of The Poly :love::love::love: We will be back in a couple months and I can't wait!

You guys looked great after flying all night! I'd look far worse :crazy2:

Can't wait to read more!
Thank you! It's such a beautiful resort, isn't it? Your trip will be here before you know it! I hope it's magical!:flower:

Awesome start to your report! I love the Poly too, such a beautiful resort! Can't wait to read more![/QUOTE
Thank you so much! :goodvibes

After lounging a bit in the lobby, we decided we'd head to DS.

FYrJLJm.jpg

We had a huge list of food we wanted to try, and most of it was at DS. So we planned on eating as much as we could since we wouldn't be doing any rides that day.
We headed to the bus stop to catch a bus to DS

kbF4y8I.jpg

o1kw57U.jpg

p6Q8wa8.jpg

eFvi5QM.jpg

DH made fun of me for taking a photo of the soda machines, but I think they're pretty :love:

7XG6ZCf.jpg

HmzzMPR.jpg

fgAvJ5m.jpg

iIca3se.jpg

nHURuok.jpg

homE6OB.jpg

TnJvVoO.jpg

SULrF8w.jpg

OqvJAA0.jpg

3SyY0zO.jpg

wdpe3Sx.jpg

2nW0XB3.jpg

9rpXCj7.jpg

QsJ8YD7.jpg

Q8QzGRJ.jpg

ofdvB7s.jpg

Im3wfSU.jpg

tEqL6Gz.jpg

zUNSiRX.jpg

hZbSqVX.jpg

Vy8oPsX.jpg

DouOITe.jpg

Zy3g7wR.jpg

EqCFkqX.jpg

JOlmC1R.jpg

YP8kZJ4.jpg

6tgLDpf.jpg

Love your pictures of the Poly and how you expressed all the "feels" for those of us that are huge fans. We stayed there in July (my 2nd trip as an adult) and I felt the same feels, lol. I had been wanting to stay there since 1982, hand to God!! I visited with my folks and was probably a whiny brat about not staying there, because they said something like "you can stay here when you can pay for it". I made it happen many years later and it was very emotional for me as well :) looking forward to reading more!!

wpq6K58.jpg

iIzPkGM.jpg

8PYR5Ar.jpg

1wqlzzl.jpg

gHVsofJ.jpg

8eTTs1g.jpg

yU1qMtp.jpg

TV3ASOh.jpg

06LUapA.jpg

I don't know what the deal was with Wolfgang Puck, the app said it was open, but we couldn't figure out how to get to the entrance. I was hoping to get something from WPE

txlqnF5.jpg

zMpWoFI.jpg

NhdM9HP.jpg

dudSdrr.jpg

hG6l3P0.jpg

L3omvjc.jpg

gNjbUdi.jpg

ReEQIao.jpg

ojJFsGC.jpg

mTrDzky.jpg

7HKiQn2.jpg

yUO4seX.jpg

U9vesIV.jpg

3vWhDvO.jpg

Showing off my Sanuks I purchased last trip

v007VsW.jpg

WapNcw5.jpg

w5Zas8U.jpg

1LcjW6g.jpg

I so wish The Edison was open in time for our trip. Oh well, next time

hNMi952.jpg

Love your pictures of the Poly and how you expressed all the "feels" for those of us that are huge fans. We stayed there in July (my 2nd trip as an adult) and I felt the same feels, lol. I had been wanting to stay there since 1982, hand to God!! I visited with my folks and was probably a whiny brat about not staying there, because they said something like "you can stay here when you can pay for it". I made it happen many years later and it was very emotional for me as well :) looking forward to reading more!!
Thanks! And yes, there is just something so special about the resort. I know everyone has their favorite, with their own "feels", and this was it for me. Everything about the resort is just so inviting. I loved it :love: I'm so glad you were able to stay there!!

I realize these photos are completely out of order, again, Imgur. I'm trying to at least bunch them together.

KKqAXD9.jpg

iEY9FVy.jpg

n1yCdrg.jpg

JVs5KHQ.jpg

LgjcxS1.jpg

QbWZ94I.jpg

i8Nu84F.jpg

0VuH5qw.jpg

fXwgeIT.jpg

Wr6AuTM.jpg

6CxPLcE.jpg

xkxR507.jpg

2EKEHf0.jpg

JXdw4Rp.jpg

Y4kNqJR.jpg

gb3VSuD.jpg

KBDBQqY.jpg

d1Z3FtJ.jpg

PhabVQd.jpg

LACXozX.jpg

bH3qmAT.jpg

ahtVKm2.jpg

RKZNNw3.jpg

JwkgGih.jpg

3ynDL58.jpg

CBL6qB2.jpg

8ENczn7.jpg

kk82GGK.jpg

OmBH1Dg.jpg

Z0qm6aP.jpg

REHWeCp.jpg

uHZZq91.jpg

wF67uEG.jpg

CuIv9iP.jpg

Gb6Sxwv.jpg

We stopped for lunch at Earl of Sandwich. I absolutely love their sandwiches. I craved the holiday sandwich since I tried it last trip, and it was just as delicious this time around.
NDu1ZRv.jpg

ESqYwiI.jpg

0yOSxoP.jpg

I got the turkey holiday sandwich, and DH got the full montagu.
hyOaR7m.jpg

f41mWNu.jpg

76jHAlK.jpg

It was nice to not have any ADR's planned for the day. We didn't feel rushed at all, and we explored DS at such a leisurely pace.

Q2ZnkAU.jpg

R4hslxl.jpg

GhPpsbk.jpg

I have such a hard time catching window displays. I'm sure there's a camera setting to help with the glare, but I obviously didn't use it. :rolleyes:

jT1XBBS.jpg

JsSOcl0.jpg

VsLHtJW.jpg

DdvHkK0.jpg

MeG86cA.jpg

I was soooo excited to see merchandise for smaller characters. (Hubert, Hamish, and Harris, Ratatouille and Luigi to name a few) Now I wish they'd make some more merchanise for Princess and The Frog characters (like Ramon and Louise), and maybe represent some older movies that they don't have merchandise for, like Oliver & Company or Fox and The Hound.

ppZ8uXM.jpg

a4gY1Rj.jpg

o2RLxAi.jpg

EPjfHdH.jpg

G5lWRFs.jpg

Hhs30mu.jpg

7zrlau4.jpg

R8flbpJ.jpg

I also LOVE the Merida merch. I love the Merida costume, and Moana costume for kids. I expected to see Moana since it's still a newer movie, but was really impressed to see Merida.

A0esdag.jpg

YyZthdo.jpg

sNERKNv.jpg

I have to give my 2 cents about the Halloween decor/merch/party. We went in August. Which is still summer. It just seems so weird how early they are starting Halloween this year. I get that for some people that's the only time they can go, and maybe they're happy to celebrate Halloween early, so it doesn't bother me, but it's just weird.

hLwZehf.jpg

6ou4GZQ.jpg

I purchased a few soaps from Basin, and if you are Disney-smell obsessed like me, there's a Moana themed soap, called Voyager and also a soap called Enchanted Castle, that both have that Disney smell. I love them.

ThxEvaX.jpg

NynypQW.jpg

We sat outside of Amorette's, waiting for them to open at 11. While we were waiting, DH got a text that our room was ready! We waited to get our snacks, and planned on heading back to the resort. I read online that the best way to deal with jet lag, and with taking an overnight flight, is to force yourself to stay up when you arrive, don't nap, and then go to bed super early, like 3 or 4 pm. So that was our plan.

QqFcF5z.jpg

mH6wofN.jpg

5Dyg5Z3.jpg

YYFLuLU.jpg

I had wanted to try some desserts from Amorette's since last trip, and was determined to finally try some!

4KOW32a.jpg

KKZhQL0.jpg

l7vrfOx.jpg

ZrtLmo9.jpg

b7o3j1c.jpg

geuA5Hc.jpg

EG6Fsbf.jpg

VNDWtYO.jpg

OUzZ0nm.jpg

We got 2 Mickey Mousse's, and a Coffee Time Petit cake to take back to the room for later.

4MF3njD.jpg

R7rKhSb.jpg

Then, we headed to Daily Poutine (I told you we ate a lot!). DH has been dying to try it since they opened. I wasn't going to get anything, but for some reason had the urge to try the French Poutine (mushroom sauce and gruyere). DH got the original. I had no idea how gigantic the servings were going to be. I mean, ridiculously gigantic. They look small in photos, but they are definitely meal sized, not a small snack.

eOGvDS4.jpg

EWdjUK0.jpg

59R1fwd.jpg

ByCkeuL.jpg

DH liked his, he said he wished he was hungrier to enjoy it more. He liked mine more than his. I felt like mine was "meh". Again, maybe if I was hungrier I would've enjoyed it more.

Last edited:
We made our way back to the resort to find our room. When we got back, we checked in with Bell Services to get our carryons, and also pickup our grocery delivery from Garden Grocer. A cast member grabbed a cart to bring it to our room. Just a heads up, they are fast. I literally had to run to keep catching up to him. DH has longer legs, so was able to keep up a little better, but barely. I was trying to snap photos as I ran, but I didn't want to get left behind, and I was excited to see our room!
200.webp

9t3HDlv.jpg

WL2ocs2.jpg

WQqtxLD.jpg

Our building was:

Ovd8WEK.jpg

And we got the most perfect room. Our view was amazing, and we got a balcony. We were so close to the pools, to the lobby (I know it's called The Grand Ceremonial House, but that's a lot to type. So, please let me call it the lobby), and to the bus stop. It was a short walk to TTC as well. And I can't express how nice our view was. It was half plants, half pool. And so relaxing.

EetG7he.jpg

WXUGiDK.jpg

rPcg386.jpg

iHUQeOp.jpg

ng9XP0T.jpg

vDzsY9F.jpg

aZzOFst.jpg

k6JQY0t.jpg

UBn9yTA.jpg

XTCaziw.jpg

QTCjszk.jpg

Dy5acfw.jpg

RXF9iaD.jpg

BTW, I had no idea that the rooms don't have a microwave. They don't.

WI9x4MQ.jpg

UiFxomE.jpg

6vf4Hyk.jpg

83RFVEq.jpg

eVnVLbP.jpg

hDwFdnN.jpg

O7jc3lr.jpg

FRnRguA.jpg

lHudYiV.jpg

See? Amazing View!

OhdNBSb.jpg

mmeRnfF.jpg

wZKMALD.jpg

6OXREAU.jpg

ter0Fq7.jpg

vlsoCEA.jpg

I took a shower, and when I came out, DH was already making himself comfortable. BTW, that's his I've told him to smile 100 times and now he's making a goofy face smile.

xFFbiJU.jpg

After DH showered, we dug into our desserts from Amorette's.

UkXdRsq.jpg

6W8mM0V.jpg

pM5G1tN.jpg

rUuxCpJ.jpg

klB3ChC.jpg

The Mickey Mousse's were amazing. We both loved them. The coffee one wasn't that good. I didn't get much coffee taste, just a lot of chocolate. DH didn't like it either.
Wall-E was on TV, so we watched that while getting ready for bed (keep in mind this was at like 2 pm!)
HR9ujcA.jpg

It was so hard to sleep, because of the excitement, and because of how early it was. (And we just ate like 5 lbs worth of sugar). Thankfully, the room curtains keep the light out well, and the room was very quiet. It was amazing how close we were to the pool, and we didn't hear anything. We finally fell asleep around 3 pm, but we'd sleep for an hour or so, and wake up, then go back to sleep. We did that all night until about midnight, then we were out. I'm not sure if it helped the jet lag, but we definitely woke up feeling refreshed, and had a lot of stamina the first few days.

Next up: Magic Kingdom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter