~Practically Perfect In Every Way~ 8/18-8/28 at The Polynesian!

Your puppy is adorable
Well done you getting a swim suit! You look great in it.
I am body conscious but try and remember that every one else is more interested in what they are doing than looking and judging me.
Enjoying reading along
Thank you, and Thank you!! You are so right. That's what sealed the deal for me. I looked around, at everyone wearing whatever the heck they wanted, and enjoying their vacation. Not looking around at what everyone else is doing. Just one of the many things I love about WDW. :love:

DH's Muai shirt!! I love it!
Thanks! We got most of our shirts on Etsy. You can find that one there. :goodvibes

Congrats on the new puppy! He's adorable, but I know how much work they can be. Smart idea signing him up for training.
Thank you! After taking him to the vet, I am so glad we have a trainer already set up. The vet thinks he may have suffered through some kind of trauma, or abuse, because of his behavior. It's always so hard to know, when you adopt. He's super comfortable at our home though, and confident/unafraid with DH and I, and our 1st furbaby. I'm hopeful that with a lot of love and patience, and knowing how to properly train him, he's going to thrive! :thumbsup2

After riding Star Tours, we took the ferry to The Boardwalk.

jby9gbp.jpg

ODndRvA.jpg

2ScBC6p.jpg

dKU43Yq.jpg

fCSIJ4r.jpg

KlLWPp9.jpg

rLFoA3B.jpg

qdSoLoh.jpg

diK56at.jpg

wLCBoiL.jpg

87zuA5E.jpg

8XVUbA7.jpg

hN6Iaj4.jpg

kGzmyxx.jpg

BJ44SQ4.jpg

O35x4Ha.jpg

Pk0UJRT.jpg

u7V2G9u.jpg

7F0X0R6.jpg

EcwbrKI.jpg

BEp5wgp.jpg

wymDMIw.jpg

oB8zzjd.jpg

I4xboNl.jpg

ZgkSKu9.jpg

I really wanted to try Trattoria Al Forno, but we just couldn't fit it in this trip. It smelled amazing outside too. It's a must do for us next trip!
We stopped at Abracadabar for a drink. The theming here is awesome, and the attention to detail is unreal. I couldn't stop taking pictures of the bar!

29ZHS4Z.jpg

rvnAxPS.jpg

fF1j6TE.jpg

LYAuvTF.jpg

2ZB9uxp.jpg

Gtfi49D.jpg

fMqFjys.jpg

eOR03JP.jpg

aQqnt4a.jpg

v2oTPjy.jpg

gq5UVvh.jpg

A9ycRE4.jpg

qGacHwc.jpg

We both got the Magic Mirror, mine was non-alcoholic. They serve the alcoholic ones in a larger glass for some reason. DH liked it, I didn't. It had a very artificially sweet taste to me that I couldn't get past.

AQoQ15X.jpg

F2J8tqz.jpg

mprOVBj.jpg

ZCoeSCr.jpg

xZKtzE3.jpg

j3rwwMN.jpg

TXYaePs.jpg

HwwmWzo.jpg

DGiWBSC.jpg

Reactions: DLo
Y7sqIEz.jpg

5WkqPp8.jpg

eZQfjS8.jpg

jxvrBAv.jpg

yRsrmQp.jpg

We then headed over to The Beach & Yacht Club to explore a bit, and for our Cape May Cafe reservation

6SviW1g.jpg

GqCjq92.jpg

Osxr7tz.jpg

iYM34I4.jpg

AbojqX4.jpg

MHdAPfO.jpg

bxRETTD.jpg

APEi8Nt.jpg

lhwkLwz.jpg

iYM34I4.jpg

1ifrLn3.jpg

Can someone tell me what this little room is for?

oh56VUR.jpg

Di2MVpr.jpg

YGMEcMz.jpg

We stopped by the lounge for a drink for DH.

mxOSK0K.jpg

iccN0ym.jpg

urotpuu.jpg

He got a bloody mary, and I just got an ice water.
Then we headed to dinner. Cape May Cafe is a must do for us. I love seafood, and there's a ton of non-seafood options for DH. We both love it. I tried to get photos of the buffet options, but there was a lot of people, and I didn't want to get in the way. So sorry if they are blurry!

NFZKLzt.jpg

zMFRl9d.jpg

QQvk9GF.jpg

Onyngrb.jpg

sll69qx.jpg

06PzHAi.jpg

ueo9Ui1.jpg

niBZaH0.jpg

miEwA10.jpg

gCpFI3v.jpg

3RcNCjo.jpg

2eJ6CDB.jpg

xGFgYd4.jpg

After dinner, we headed to Epcot to grab some desserts to bring back to the room. I love how convenient the walk is to Epcot from the Beach & Yacht Club!

B0kbl7Q.jpg

sAeOU9s.jpg

8eYIAs2.jpg

sAeOU9s.jpg

x1zFs4p.jpg

Zbblesd.jpg

eiBpBeu.jpg

pbcQ8PM.jpg

tQaU2QG.jpg

RAaZztM.jpg

vl6DDUF.jpg

Fe7XyNX.jpg

Xsof4uH.jpg

XlV1Dei.jpg

vMKeG24.jpg

DyIiUdb.jpg

aSy1onc.jpg

This picture made me laugh. Our pastries were put in a bakery box, and then in this giant bag. It's a giant bag of desserts.

b5N16yl.jpg

I also stopped at Starbucks to purchase the "You are here" mug.

GQ0mWGd.jpg

We took the monorail to TTC, then walked back to the resort.
ANvBLFE.jpg

okYXHbq.jpg

gOz32Md.jpg

92Jb78D.jpg

kaz0Lk2.jpg

cAP93m3.jpg

A2kbGR3.jpg

cDiSC7a.jpg

IbKZF47.jpg

We headed back to the room, watched some TV, DH called his mom to check on our sweet potato, and we ate our pastries.

FPG3iPX.jpg

DaY8joj.jpg

mM497ii.jpg

mIR1HKM.jpg

joXV5u6.jpg

I'm obsessed with the Frangipane. For anyone who hasn't tried it, it's a croissant-like pastry filled with an almond paste. It's delicious. I wasn't a fan of the macaroon. I know it's a fan favorite, it just wasn't for me. DH liked his cookie (which I shamed him for getting. They have a bajillion unique desserts, and he got a chocolate chip cookie. :confused3) and the creme brulee was good. There is a lot of it. I would recommend sharing it.

Next up: Animal Kingdom/ Pandora

I just ate dinner and all of your pictures are making me hungry!

Ample Hills looks so cute. I have to try this on my next trip.

I think I will also be adding Cape May Cafe to my list. That looks like an excellent buffet!

I've been reading trip reports for a long time and this is the first time I've seen photos of Abracadabar, so thank you for that! What an awesome place!

We've had reservations three times at Cape May and all three times they were cancelled for somewhere else. We really need to go!

I can't say it enough. Your photos are just beautiful!

I just ate dinner and all of your pictures are making me hungry!

Ample Hills looks so cute. I have to try this on my next trip.

I think I will also be adding Cape May Cafe to my list. That looks like an excellent buffet!
Thanks for reading along! Ample Hills looked adorable. I had full intentions of stopping there for a cone after dinner, but we were stuffed. And I didn't think it would last to bring to the room. Next time!

I've been reading trip reports for a long time and this is the first time I've seen photos of Abracadabar, so thank you for that! What an awesome place!

We've had reservations three times at Cape May and all three times they were cancelled for somewhere else. We really need to go!

I can't say it enough. Your photos are just beautiful!
Thank you so much! I do the same thing with Trattoria Al Forno. I've had reservations there the last 2 trips, and end up cancelling them. I definitely recommend Cape May Cafe, it has a laid back feel, there are plenty of options, and the food always tastes fresh and delicious!
And Abracadabar is so awesome inside! The theming is spot on! Thank you for reading! :goodvibes

I think the room you asked about above used to be for pay phones. (ancient times )

Abracadabar is on my to do list. It looks like it has a cool atmosphere.

I think the room you asked about above used to be for pay phones. (ancient times )

Abracadabar is on my to do list. It looks like it has a cool atmosphere.
That's what it looked like to me, I just didn't think Disney would leave the room unused/as is. It was pretty neat to see!

Day 5: Animal Kingdom
I have a love-hate relationship with Animal Kingdom. It's DH's favorite park, and verrrry close to tying with Epcot as my favorite. But the crowds. Oh my word, the crowds. I knew it would be bad because of Pandora, but I can handle big crowds. I just don't do well when the big crowd is stressed out, and pushy, and rude. People were downright out of control at this park. I got (literally) run over with a stroller, and not a lightweight umbrella stroller either. I got a muttered "sorry" out of the guy after I yelped and turned to stare at the guy. Accidents happen. But it only happened because he was racing us to get on line for Kilaminjaro Safari, and tried pushing past us aggresively. I thought he really hurt my toe, as it hurt worse and worse after that. Come to find out later that night it was a blister. :rolleyes1
We watched a man scream at his daughter to get out of the stroller he was pushing and to run (for Pandora). As she jumped out and took off, the stroller went back and all of his belongings dumped out on to the ground, stroller and all. Then he had to scream at the daughter who was well into the crowds by herself to come back, and chase after her with his stuff all over the ground.
We saw a family yelling loudly at the mother/grandmother to "hurry up". I would say she was in her 70's. We just saw a lot of rude people, and that, combined with the heavy crowds, left my AK memories the tiniest bit tainted. But, I think we also spent more time at AK than any other park.
I will say that Pandora is lovely, a must-see at night, and the Flight of Passage ride is the most amazing ride I've ever been on.

We arrived about a half hour before park opening, and planned on rope dropping Kilaminjaro Safari. I had fastpasses for FOP at night, so we planned on checking out Pandora briefly during the day, then spending more time there at night. It's definitely a different experience at night. When we saw Pandora during the day, I thought it was beautiful. DH wasn't impressed. :confused3 But at night, he thought it was beautiful. Of course, I did too. I'm obsessed with what I call "Disney colors". I don't know how to explain it, but it's the blueish-purple colors, that I feel like used to be used a lot at Epcot when I was a kid. They are used a great deal in Pandora, and I loved it. I love the ground, the waterfalls, everything about it.

0Bggl2q.jpg

pepQ79R.jpg

hp9rTP3.jpg

uRBYL24.jpg

vc5d0v7.jpg

5adLct2.jpg

L1YtJoo.jpg

d1u4S9z.jpg

RXuK8P6.jpg

AgIVrLt.jpg

klcg5MP.jpg

vZGNkUn.jpg

pxc3a2E.jpg

fy9Osgt.jpg

mNgTSz4.jpg

y1YV2BV.jpg

fp9Hy8S.jpg

GCEXz57.jpg

Last edited:
FeW8obK.jpg

Nk38hAF.jpg

Wfgs1kF.jpg

4miBwr9.jpg

0d1VOKM.jpg

iCB3hXv.jpg

6D5ZVuH.jpg

duu9Xrs.jpg

tI2eDV7.jpg

ld3Q57Z.jpg

As usual, I took a bajillion photos on the safari. I'll try to just include the ones that came out decent, or have a clear view of the animals.

uNLGX7p.jpg

PDb8jGy.jpg

AB4l1wG.jpg

l1ZElS2.jpg

iJVue64.jpg

gJPKCRB.jpg

RtjkQ9a.jpg

FBEIGPd.jpg

cvchOcW.jpg

PabEgXY.jpg

QnHdFtI.jpg

Yz7iM4g.jpg

Ur2b5J3.jpg

tp0iFjT.jpg

5AybwfY.jpg

QfasXp3.jpg

I got a good shot of the baby elephant:
fS9UxE9.jpg

4k2dHZt.jpg

At one point, a rhino was right next to our vehicle! :love:

KHNgIjs.jpg

OskNO4L.jpg

ESkv1zF.jpg

dW4n2vE.jpg

wZ1b55m.jpg

o81mR7i.jpg

68zHENf.jpg

A3seMsv.jpg

D5KRrQr.jpg

We actually got delayed for quite a long time. Our driver said there was an ostrich in the road up ahead, and that they're always causing mischief. Another cast member in a truck actually had to go on up ahead to get the ostrich where he belonged. It was pretty amusing.

We explored the little trail area outside Kilaminjaro. There were a ton of bird nests up in the tree.

bvPJMmG.jpg

R0jPzB6.jpg

EEGyg2X.jpg

And then we headed over to my favorite gem, Rafiki's Planet Watch, where my favorite part of the entire trip ocurred.

fbib0mY.jpg

Mawar7B.jpg

9uvEj3Y.jpg

Np6qhGy.jpg

GZhmKGd.jpg

B3lZ9yS.jpg

5WZX6Xj.jpg

QMisqfN.jpg

They. Are. Clicker. Trained. He's giving a high five/paw/shaking, whatever you want to call it.
giphy.gif

Then, after that cuteness, I found these little cuties, and we were able to pet them!

Rs63F5j.jpg

SiGwbKr.jpg

zbLtCV5.jpg

tclR4AW.jpg

Wvq5DCj.jpg

GSt6yGl.jpg

giphy.gif

This absolutely made the trip for me. I couldn't stop talking about it. We even went back later to pet them some more. I know anyone reading this who grew up on a farm, or who lives on a farm thinks I'm nuts, but it just made me so happy.

5rnQQm8.jpg

I92F0I2.jpg

QuRegZx.jpg

9HrZDee.jpg

jy5zXp5.jpg

B6l3njA.jpg

DvdRNK2.jpg

8Zvvcim.jpg

pHMe80n.jpg

GAoDIUG.jpg

After spending probably way more time than we needed to there, we started to make our way over to Pandora to check it out in the daylight, and to eat lunch at Satu'li Canteen. These photos are going to be out of order I'm sure, sorry in advance.

9WgfawM.jpg

fwciwxZ.jpg

jmobbtO.jpg

TuQyC1w.jpg

jmobbtO.jpg

hWEeFZ9.jpg

6OEDD3h.jpg

YmJDAep.jpg

CFQLB9X.jpg

2vU3cRX.jpg

Zgq0jmw.jpg

z4DPOU9.jpg

s4aPdk2.jpg

YcKWQ1M.jpg

02Dw0yp.jpg

XdZa7Yg.jpg

8gHMPv9.jpg

c1H2KBp.jpg

sTJM4x3.jpg

dSKDBgG.jpg

vA7iXyQ.jpg

QZK24L7.jpg

I don't know what is up with my face in this photo :laughing:

iOp8a0w.jpg

hpEuTiV.jpg

TFynsBA.jpg

f4HZiiM.jpg

c5yLHfp.jpg

0zMYURi.jpg

GUhhdTO.jpg

PmcvLyK.jpg

R1HZTTL.jpg

6Zmbghp.jpg

bkXCK3Z.jpg

TSTUO8f.jpg

We stopped for lunch at Satu'li Canteen.

R2utoWW.jpg

2aURK9W.jpg

W0sJr0X.jpg

BpcA77J.jpg

QoBNSEL.jpg

EY0sxOS.jpg

iH80I5R.jpg

YU9QrAF.jpg

DH got the cheeseburger pods, and I got the chicken bowl with potato hash, and the creamy herb sauce. We both liked the food a lot. Next time I would order a different base than the hash (textural thing, the flavor was great). This is one of the few WDW quick service restaurants that I don't feel bloated and gross after eating. And they are reasonable priced for Disney, too!

ha4fKUR.jpg

3brBkh0.jpg

6wSWp0B.jpg

b2y5KIi.jpg

SnD4MC8.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts