Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

Theresa, I was thinking about you and your family while in Mass yesterday. I know you mentioned using the essential oils and such for stimulation.

Is your family playing Dom's favorite music? What about his favorite tv shows or movies? Things that are very near and dear to his heart.

A few years ago, my friend's husband was in the hospital with TBI and basically "asleep" because his brain was "tired" from injury. We would use the oil diffusers
and the little feet/hand stimulation but apparently it was the hearing that really would get the reaction. His wife would lay in his bed and just talk to him, read to him
go through pictures and talk about the date and location and the event and all the people there. She would sit there and play his favorite music and movies
The hearing stimulation apparently far and wide was the most penetrating for him. I just wanted to throw that out there. I'm sure ya'll are already trying all of it
but sometimes never hurts to offer something anyways.

thank you for updating us.
i was thinking about you and Dom yesterday so very glad this morning to see you here and sharing.

my prayers are always with you and dom.

Thanks for the heads up, Teresa, had not seen this. As I said, Dominic is in my prayers. :hug:'s Progress, though slow, is certainly there. And slow sometimes is better than fast recovery. Once more, thanks for letting me know.

Thank you all for your continuing prayers! :flower3: Not much new to report so far today. The latest CT scan done over the weekend showed much improvement per the neurologist. Even less swelling, and the gray & white matter was looking better. All the info we're getting is second hand from either my brother, Dom's dad, my sister-in-law, or Dom's mom, none of whom ask many questions, nor have any medical background. It's very frustrating not being able to be there, and being able to find out more details. I was an ER & Critical Care RN for 20 years, so it's just natural for me to not be satisfied with generalized answers, especially since it's concerning my sweet nephew.

My husband works for a home care & hospice organization, & was an Army medic, so we are trying to guide & assist them with the whole process, without being too intrusive. Thank goodness for my husband's background, as he has taken the reins on getting Dom into the best facility available, that is willing to take him. There's like ten balls in the air right now. It's been a very frustrating, aggravating, time consuming process, but of course, Dom's absolutely worth it! My brother, as well as SIL & Dom's mom are so grateful, & were happy to let my husband take the lead. Especially since they're all in shock, denial & sleep deprived. It's virtually mind blowing trying to navigate the insurance system, with who takes what, & who doesn't, what insurance crosses state lines, what doesn't, who takes Medicaid, who doesn't, who will only take insurance, and on and on. I can't imagine an elderly couple with no one to help them, dealing with something like this.

To complicate matters further, Dom is still considered a NJ resident. My brother & SIL moved to Florida in November, from NJ. Dom still has his NJ license, and is collecting unemployment from NJ. He never established Florida residency, which takes six months anyway. His last address was my mother's home here in NJ, where he lived. Therefore, he is not eligible for Florida Medicaid, but he is for NJ. My husband has been doing all that legwork. Dom's covered under his stepmom's work insurance, but it may not be accepted at certain brain injury rehabs. Some will take out of state Medicaid. Some won't. He may not be ready for certain rehabs, and may have to go to an LTAC (Long Term Acute Care) first, which is sort of a bridge between a hospital & a rehab. LTAC's won't take Medicaid. Rehabs will. Ugh. We're having him referred to brain injury rehabs in Georgia, Florida & here in NJ. It's just insane.

Per my brother, Dom seems comfortable, & his eyes are clearer. He hasn't started tracking yet, or following any commands, but he does respond to smells, voice & touch. We just need to get him out of the hospital, and into a brain injury center ASAP. Please pray for that.

ry%3D480

Dom & his sister, Cecilia, at Dom's 21st birthday party

That sounds very encouraging Teresa! Thank you for the update and the specific prayer requests! What a blessing you and your husband are to them having your background and knowledge.

Prayers for your sweet handsome nephew and the entire family going up. Happy to see some encouraging updates .

Just joining in. Add me to the list of people praying for Dom and his whole family. I'm not in the medical field, but it sounds very encouraging!

Thank you for all the sweet pics of Dom, Teresa. Makes my prayers all the more real for this sweet young man and all of your family members. May GOD bless you guys and give you lots of comforting thoughts.. :hug:

Thx you so much for keeping us updated and also for the nice photos of your handsome nephew, Dom. Please know continued prayers and positive thoughts are headed his way and for all your family :hug:. I have a sweet grandson this age and can't begin to imagine the nightmare it's been for all concerned :worried:. Positive vibes the necessary funds come through and he's admitted to facility w/proper care that can best handle his injuries.
Godspeed Dom. :littleangel:

Please add my prayers to the rest of the community here. I'm sorry your family is going through this pain, and pray that your nephew will pull out of this. :hug:

I'm still having Dom in my daily prayers
Glad you mentioned the request for the move to Atlanta needs
Can pray for a miracle that he can be transferred there.

Once again, my sincere thanks Teresa for keeping us updated! I am not into hockey but Go Flyers! :D And of course, I am rooting and praying for Dom and your entire family. Hugs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter