Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

Continued good thoughts for you. My dad just emailed from that hospital (he's a snowbird in Deerfield Beach and ended up at the hospital with, what turned out to be, kidney stones). Reminded me to check out this thread for an update. You, Dom, and his family are in my thoughts.

Encouraging update, Teresa. Good to hear, thanks for sharing. And the pictures you have put in this post are wonderful. What a great guy Dom seems.

(Check you email)

Seriously, you guys are so sweet! I can't tell you how much it means to me to read your kind words, and know that you all are praying for and rooting for Dom. It makes me want to cry!

Having been an ER nurse for 20 years, I feel for your dad. Kidney stones are not fun! Hope he's feeling better soon!

NJ-RN here. Thank you for your dedication the past 20 yrs as an ER-RN. It takes a special person to be an ER-RN. A blessing that you have the knowledge & experience to help your family during this tough time. Continued prayers for you all.

I have followed your posts and am glad to see some encouraging news. Hopefully the insurance company will let Dom go to a facility down there when compared to the cost of having him transferred to a facility up in this area. I am from Philly.

I wanted to share with you a story about my husband. He was about 16 or 17 when he was critically injured with a traumatic brain injury from a car accident. An artery on his brain was severed. My FIL had passed away years earlier and this was the age of no cell phones so no one could reach my MIL who was shopping at the time. My husbands best friend finally was able to reach my husbands nephew as they were classmates in school.

Anyway after finally getting the OK for surgery about 2 hours after the accident my husbands family was told to prepare for the worst. They didn't expect him to survive the night. He was in a coma for 2 weeks and semi conscious another couple of weeks. He had to relearn how to walk and to some extent talk. The effects were much like a massive stroke. Needless to say my husband survived, and 40 years later shows no effects from the brain damage.

I guess in a long convoluted way I am trying to tell you to never give up. Age and strength are on your nephews side.

Thank you for the updates, Teresa. Still sending you many prayers and positive thoughts especially in finding the perfect facility to help take care of Dom. :hug:

Last edited:
Seriously, you guys are so sweet! I can't tell you how much it means to me to read your kind words, and know that you all are praying for and rooting for Dom. It makes me want to cry!

Having been an ER nurse for 20 years, I feel for your dad. Kidney stones are not fun! Hope he's feeling better soon!

Thanks. He's doing very well. You're very sweet to take the time (I felt silly after posting - such a simple problem for my dad in a thread about something so much more serious).

Teresa I just read your updates and added you on facebook. So sorry to hear about this :(
Dom will be in my prayers as well! I wish him a quick, easy and whole recovery.

Hi Teresa, So sorry to hear about Dom's accident! I have been following along with your updates in hopes of good news. I hope he continues to progress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter