Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

I just saw this and wanted you to know that we are praying for your family. So glad to see the progress your nephew is making.

• View attachment 160244 View attachment 160245
  • Dom's 1st Disney Trip 1990

• Some good news concerning my nephew. Yesterday we tried aromatherapy with Dom. We read that essential oils are very helpful with brain injuries. Smells evoke memories & emotion. We didn't have any oils with us, thought we'd pick them up later in the day, but we brought Cheetos & Doritos, & he definitely reacted to them! He even sneezed two big sneezes! Dom's friend, Dave's, mom came in the afternoon, & she had peppermint oil in her bag! He moved his head every time we held it under his nose! Frankincense is supposed to be the most helpful, so she is going to pick that up. This morning the respiratory therapist did a trial of turning the set amount of breaths off that Dom was receiving from the ventilator, to see how Dom does breathing on his own, & he's doing great! Still getting oxygen assistance, but he's doing well. He's much more awake today, too. Thankful for small steps forward.
[/QUOTE]

Theresa this is such exciting news!!! I am a big believer in oils. A friend's son was having terrible seizures and they began a regimen of frankincense on his feet daily and the seizures stopped. I look forward to more great updates. Our family is praying for him and we put in a prayer request for him at our church.

Dom has been and will continue to stay on my daily prayer list

I feel good things are ahead for him

Dom and your entire family are in my prayers and will stay in my prayers. Such a beautiful family. I hope Dom feels the prayers and healing vibes sending his way

A few years ago my nephew (25 years at the time) was in a horrific scooter accident in Taiwan. He suffered a catastrophic head injury which, by rights, he should not have survived. Thanks to a very aggressive neurosurgeon he lived. Was in a coma for a couple of weeks. Once transferred back to Canada he did extensive rehab which was difficult and daunting but today he lives a productive life... works, enjoys hobbies... appreciates life so much more than any of us probably do. My point is that you never give up. Hugs!

I truly appreciate everyone's good thoughts, prayers and well wishes. On behalf of Dominic, my family, & myself, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. :grouphug:
we all are here with you on this journey to help carry your burden.

and do give us a heads up on the stages of his improvement
i know it will happen when the time is right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter