Prayers for my dad...stroke & more

ferrytale

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I posted several months ago after my dad had a stroke, and haven't gotten back on too much with everything going on. My dad, who is 54, has had 3 strokes since around Thanksgiving. We thought they fixed the problem with patching a small hole in his heart that he was apparently born with, but wasn't caught until the 1st stroke. He actually recovered well, and went back to work on Superbowl Sunday, but after a week, he got the flu & mono and was back in the hospital. They released him on Sunday, and Monday night he had another mild stroke. They kept him through Wednesday, and sent him home at 8pm after tests. At 10pm, his wife found him upset in their room - he had no memory of who he was, where he was, or who anyone else was. He doesn't remember things from his life - however there is no damage from the stroke showing on any of the tests. They think it may be stress related, but aren't sure, it could be a reaction to the drugs, or an infecton. It's scary to see my dad like this - and he is upset b/c he knows he should know, and then finds out he forgot his wife & kids & grandkids and is just heartbroken b/c he feels he is the dad and should take care of us. It's really long weird & complicated b/c he will remember things randomly.
Anyway, if some of you can offer some prayers that he gets better soon and they find out what is causing all this. Thank you all.

Prayers going out for your Dad. Care should be taken to make sure he remains safe while this is happening. Hopefully he's under the care of the best neurologist your area has to offer, preferably one who's affiliated with a major university. The tests don't always show things early on. It will take an excellent clinician to sort it all out and work with him and his family. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter