Pre-arrival room selection and check in benefits?

gulliesmom

Mouseketeer
Wondering if there is any benefit to checking in ahead of time? We are arriving around 8pm and not planning on doing anything outside of the hotel that night anyway.

Mainly that you get to skip the front desk (assuming you get the room ready text)

The benefit is pre room selection. And have all your info in the system so you don’t have to bother with doing it on arrival.
But it’s best to have your room requests noted on your reservation.

I use to think it wasn't necessary because we never had a wait at check in. We also wanted a specific room or building.

Now we do it. Ask for our request and if we don't get it then go to the front desk when we arrive.

Saves you time!

Worth noting: Your room is assigned 3-5 days in advance of arrival whether or not you do advance check in.
This is the #1 reason right here.
That and there is no reason at all NOT to do it.
Nothing bad can happen if you do online check in, only good.
And when you arrive late it is nice to be able to walk straight to your room (as long as you aren't International), vs having to stop at the front desk. If you happen to be arriving on ME, you'll often be arriving with a group, which can mean a line. I know after a day a travel the last thing I want is another line

We’ve experienced quite a few long check-in lines at WDW through the years and they’re no fun after a long day of traveling. At the CR during one spring break trip, it was just crazy and we didn’t get into our room until well after 6:00 pm. Since they’ve offered on-line check-in, we’ve always taken advantage of it. It has worked very well for us.

Back in Nov 2016 we stayed at AoA. I had my room assignment texted to me before I even left my house to go to the airport. It was the exact floor/building/view that I wanted so no stressing out about the room before we left. We also had a text that our Garden Grocer order had been delivered to the resort. We got to the resort and went straight to the room and sitting in our room were our bags of groceries from Garden Grocer. The cold stuff was placed in the fridge for us! (I was expecting them to be at bell services as usual) Very unexpected and a great start to our vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!