Pre-Disney Party... any ideas for the night before? (m)

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
Hi!!

I thought I would extend our Disney trip by having a Mickey Party the night before we leave!! It would be our family (me, dh, ds 5, dds 3 & 1), my in-laws, and our babysitter (who's going with) and her Mother.

I thought I would make a Mickey cake, and play the Disney trivia game (2) which Santa is bringing...

Any other ideas to make for a festive party? Get us in the "mood" :D ?

Thanks for any and all ideas!!

Karen

PO Riverside Feb 8th-16th...I AM STILL GOING!!!! :tongue: AND I AM STILL FLYING!!! :eek:

Let the kids all end the night by putting on Disney PJs (if they have them) and fall asleep watching their favorite Disney movie, or the Disney vacation planning video.

What fun!!

We are planning to start our road trip to WDW on the evening of December 5th - Walt's 100th birthday! Our plan is to start our drive about 10pm and take turns driving through the night. So, we are having a birthday party for Walt that night before we leave. We are going to order pizza and I am making a birthday cake that says "Happy 100th Birthday Walt!". We are going to decorate the cake with Disney characters. We are also going to eat off birthday plates, etc. I even got some Disney balloons and streamers!

One special thing I am going to do at the party is hand out little goodie bags for the drive down. The treat bags will have snacks for the road, a new CD to listen to, a new book to read, a few little toys, some Disney Dollars, etc. This would also work to keep everybody occupied on the plane if you are flying. I am making bags for everybody - not just the kids! I've really had fun picking out little things for the bags.

It should be a fun kick-off for our trip!

Have fun! I'm sure you will think of some fun ideas!

Your party might be the perfect opportunity to give your kids their own special fanny pack.
My 2 DD's (ages 4 & 8) both wore theirs the entire trip...and LOVED them!

This is what I put in them -- a disposable camera (can't wait to see what photos they took...probably Dad's arm, etc) :D some Disney Dollars, a tiny flashlight (got it at the Dollar store...they were GREAT in the dark rides when they would get afraid....used them several times) , sunglasses, a small container of bubbles (again, dollar store ones....necklace type -- They were the BEST thing that I packed. When standing in line, the girls would pass the time by blowing bubbles. All the kids (and adults) around would get excited and pop them! A great distraction that took up very little space.

I would also suggest ordering your kids Guest of Honor Badges ahead of time and giving your kids them at the party (maybe even use them as placesetting tags). You can get them through www.giftsofalifetime.com (You pay a small fee, but it's worth it!) My girls wore them everyday, and loved that the CM's would call them by name. The characters would also sign their autograph books with special messages addressing them by name!

I saw many families in Disney all wearing matching Disney shirts.....what about getting ones ahead of time for each family member???

As for the party itself, of course I would fill the place with Disney party supplies....balloons are a must (What better way to feel festive!!!)

I also bought my girls Birnbaum's Disney for Kids book. They spent hours pouring over the pictures and reading the info. (My 8 yr old spent the entire trip sharing little facts with us that she had learned from it!)

Do you get a Disney Vacation Planning video??? If so, then this would be a perfect time to watch it!

Have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter