Pre-order jackets and sizing

mouseketeerwannabe

The Tag Fairy thinks you are wonderful!
I've searched through this forum and know that these jackets run small. I'm trying to decide whether to order one size larger than I normally wear or two sizes larger. I don't like my jackets to fit snug. I've also read that you can no longer return a pre-order jacket at the expo. Can you at least exchange for a different size if available?

They're very fitted, so you're definitely going to want to gauge how tight you want them to fit. The model is Champion Performance Powertrain jacket and the SKU/Style Number is S260 - so maybe you can find a store locally that carries that style to try it on?

Also, this is the same style for as a non-preorder jacket that RunDisney sells as well.

This is the site I order blanks from for my shirt/jacket Etsy store ... it's got a size chart on it (click Specs). Hopefully that helps!

I've only pre-ordered once (Marathon Weekend this year) and they told me if I needed to exchange it, I could come back before the Expo closed on Saturday to see if they could accommodate it.

The model is Champion Performance Powertrain jacket and the SKU/Style Number is S260 - so maybe you can find a store locally that carries that style to try it on?

This is very helpful! Thank you!

Also, this is the same style for as a non-preorder jacket that RunDisney sells as well.

Even though I've done four runDisney weekends, I've never even tried on a jacket! Now I wish I had! I will be doing my first challenge during Disney Princess and wanted to reward myself.

This is the site I order blanks from for my shirt/jacket Etsy store ... it's got a size chart on it (click Specs). Hopefully that helps!

This is also very helpful. You are the best!

I've only pre-ordered once (Marathon Weekend this year) and they told me if I needed to exchange it, I could come back before the Expo closed on Saturday to see if they could accommodate it.

That's good to know. I'm guessing if it doesn't work out, I can easily sell it.

Oh ... you'll have no problem selling or swapping Princess merchandise on Facebook if you need be, especially during Race Weekend.

That's what I thought. It seems like Princess merchandise has multiple people interested in each item. Thanks for your help!

You're welcome! Enjoy your treat yo'self!!

The first pre-order jacket I ever ordered was Marathon Weekend this year and I LOVED it ... I was so worried it would be bad, and it was JUST PERFECT. The Dopey on the front logo made it look like a Dopey-specific jacket, so that saved me from having to buy anything else Dopey-related! I'm addicted, so now I've bought Disneyland pre-order, W&D pre-order and Marathon 2018 pre-order. :D

You're welcome! Enjoy your treat yo'self!!

The first pre-order jacket I ever ordered was Marathon Weekend this year and I LOVED it ... I was so worried it would be bad, and it was JUST PERFECT. The Dopey on the front logo made it look like a Dopey-specific jacket, so that saved me from having to buy anything else Dopey-related! I'm addicted, so now I've bought Disneyland pre-order, W&D pre-order and Marathon 2018 pre-order. :D

Oh, so glad to hear how much you love it! It's so easy to add to the Disney addictions! I laughed out loud when I read about all your pre-orders after never having done it before Marathon 2017. You REALLY deserve it for Dopey. I'm 64 and have just run for 3 years, so I'm proud of myself for committing to the Fairy Tale Challenge! Will be there in January, too, but just doing the 5K and 10K.

Oh, so glad to hear how much you love it! It's so easy to add to the Disney addictions! I laughed out loud when I read about all your pre-orders after never having done it before Marathon 2017. You REALLY deserve it for Dopey. I'm 64 and have just run for 3 years, so I'm proud of myself for committing to the Fairy Tale Challenge! Will be there in January, too, but just doing the 5K and 10K.

And this being the first year of the Fairy Tale Challenges almost GUARANTEES you to have cute merch! I think I've said it on another thread, but I feel like starting with Marathon Weekend in 2016 that the graphics on both race shirts and Disney merch have just become increasingly better and better!

Congrats on your running journey and keep up the good work!!

And this being the first year of the Fairy Tale Challenges almost GUARANTEES you to have cute merch! I think I've said it on another thread, but I feel like starting with Marathon Weekend in 2016 that the graphics on both race shirts and Disney merch have just become increasingly better and better!

Congrats on your running journey and keep up the good work!!

Thank you, Keels! You're such a wealth of information for those of us fairly new to the RunDisney addiction!

I've only done one pre-order jacket and it was from Tink half this year. Here is what I did and how it turned out.
I wear size large in most race tech shirts because I have an ample bosom. But in like Target and other normal non-tech shirts larges can be a bit baggy on me so I can go Med or Large. I was told the race jackets would be pretty fitted and to size up if I needed room and to not expect them to have much bagginess if I went true to size.
I decided on a large because A) I'd want to wear it for running and not over thicker shirts/sweaters and B) I was afraid to get a Medium and not be able to zip it over my chest.
I made the right decision but as it fits exactly perfectly...any weight gain from me and it'll get small and I for sure can only wear thin tshirts/tanks/tech shirts under it...which is fine and what I wanted.
They were letting us try them on right after handing them to us, but since mine fit I didn't find out what would have happened if it didn't.

So here's pics of my jacket... for reference I'm 5'9"+ and so the length would be longer on a shorter gal. That's my gray race shirt sticking out the bottom. This one was also fleece lined and so will make an awesome fall/early spring jacket. You can see the fleece lining on the collar in my second pic.

Long story short, size up if you are worried :) I ALSO LOVE MINE!
jacket.JPG
jacket2.JPG

@roxymama, thank you! I also usually wear a large in the Disney race tech shirts, but have sometimes wanted them to fit just a tad looser. (I also have an ample bosom!) I decided to order the X-Large, so it sounds like that will fit how I like. I'm 5'8", so I'll like the extra length, too. I'm so excited to get my first rD jacket! You look amazing in yours!

I do size up 1 size. I have 3 of the female versions and 1 of the male version (my regular size). I have lost almost 50 lbs in weight watchers, so if I gain some or all of that back, those xl jackets won't fit!

I do size up 1 size. I have 3 of the female versions and 1 of the male version (my regular size). I have lost almost 50 lbs in weight watchers, so if I gain some or all of that back, those xl jackets won't fit!

Congrats on your huge weight loss!

I'll just chime in to say that I LOVE my pre-order jacket from the W&D Marathon weekend. I ordered Medium (I am 5'0) and it fits perfectly snug. As others have mentioned I can only wear a thin tech shirt beneath it, but the jackets are quite warm, as I ran in that combo until January-in Ottawa, Canada :)

I have a question though: For others who have bought jackets at the expos themselves, can you recall the various styles and/or prices. I'm undecided if I want to pre-order for Dopey or try and find some thing different once I arrive. Secondly, how far in advance is the preview of the merchandise released? Will pre-orders be still available at that time?

@Sailormoon2 I can't quite remember Dopey jacket prices, I want to say $80-$90 before tax. Do know that the Dopey jackets are pretty popular and will go quickly unless runDisney is on top of their merch game.

Merch previews seem to come later and later - I wouldn't expect to see it until Tuesday or Wednesday of race week. :confused3

I have a question though: For others who have bought jackets at the expos themselves, can you recall the various styles and/or prices. I'm undecided if I want to pre-order for Dopey or try and find some thing different once I arrive. Secondly, how far in advance is the preview of the merchandise released? Will pre-orders be still available at that time?

I bought the women's Dopey funnel-neck pullover in 2016 and it was $89.95. I love it and it was my favorite purchase from the Expo that year. It was the only women's jacket that was Dopey specific, and I haven't seen that style at a race weekend since ... which is kind of sad, because I liked it! There was one other jacket that was for men that was the same Champion Performance jacket SKU I mentioned above that was $82.95.

They also have been offering a lighter Champion jacket that's more ... raincoat than fleece-lined jacket? If that makes sense? Those are around $70 and run super, super, super small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!