Pre-Park Opening ADR party size?

labelo

Earning My Ears
Hello, everyone!

I unexpectedly managed to snag an 8:05 ADR for Be Our Guest on a day the park opens at 9:00. We’re excited about maybe snagging some semi-empty park castle photos with our 1-year-old to mimic those taken on our honeymoon 7 years ago!

The only problem? The reservation is only for 2 people (me and my husband), but my in-laws will be there with us. Will this cause a problem when we try to enter early as a group?
No 4 person ADRs are available, though I’m keeping an eye out. In-laws plan on shopping or getting small breakfast elsewhere until rope drop, but would like to get in on the photos, too. Thanks in advance!

Will this cause a problem when we try to enter early as a group?
Only 2 people can move beyond the Hub area to BOG. Everyone else will have to stay behind in the Hub and Main Street area that’ll be open to all guests.

So you have a party of 5? You, DH, your 1 year old, and in-laws? Having an ADR for 2 when there are 5 of you may result in a longer wait for a table. Also, with a 9 AM park opening, Main St will open at 8:00 for everyone. So you likely won’t get those empty castle pictures.

With the ADR, you and your husband will be able get in early to take castle pictures at roughly 7:45am. Technically, your one year old won't be able to either because everyone has to be on the ADR. The rest of your family will be able to enter main street at 8am. BOG breakfast is seat yourself so you can grab ADR at the same time roughly for 3 so don't feel like you need to all be on the same reservation.

The little one also needs to be on the ADR if you plan on taking him with you.

Thanks for the heads up on the one year old needing a reservation! Is this the case with every dining reservation we make, or just BOG? I hadn’t even thought about him needing to be accounted for since he’s still in a high chair, but maybe it’s for an accurate count for fire codes or something?

I did manage to get another reservation for 1 person and another for 2 at roughly the same time, so we should be good for that slim 7:45-8:00 picture window!

Thanks for the heads up on the one year old needing a reservation! Is this the case with every dining reservation we make, or just BOG? I hadn’t even thought about him needing to be accounted for since he’s still in a high chair, but maybe it’s for an accurate count for fire codes or something?

I did manage to get another reservation for 1 person and another for 2 at roughly the same time, so we should be good for that slim 7:45-8:00 picture window!
Yes your one year old is supposed to be on all reservations.

You need to add your son to all dining reservations. Everyone who will be in the restaurant needs to be counted, regardless of age.

BOG is seat yourself, so now that you all have an ADR you are good to go. Check in together and you will be fine.
With regards to PPO meals, CM's do not go by the time of the ADR< they go by the order of check in , so be aware that others with later ADR's may get there first. I know you want your picture, but remember that others will be heading for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!