pre-race runDisney party music list

PaDisneyCouple

DIS Veteran
DW and I enjoy a variety of music. For me, a song can take me back to a moment in time years or decades ago. The goal here is to get a list of songs that do just that, as well as get some up-tempo songs for runs.
Not surprisingly, the runDisney pre-race music is pretty lively, and I have been trying to recall specific songs and artists that I know I've heard the last 2 Wine and Dine event weekends for this list. So far, I have:

Shut Up and Dance, by Walk the Moon
Fireball, by Pitbull
Uptown Funk, by Mark Ronson

What pre-race songs can you remember?

Got another one: Boogie Shoes, by KC and the Sunshine Band

Saturday Night Fever was on AMC this past weekend, and happened by while it was playing. Looked at DW and said, "there's another one!"

The Wobble will always be THE rundisney song for me.

And "Best Day of My Life" will always be the WORST rundisney song for me, because it was on everywhere over January 2014 and I think it was in a disney ad. My son and I got so so so so so so so SO sick less than two days after our flight got in, with just the two of us, for marathon weekend. He and I had the 5K then I had the Half, and in the days leading to the Half at one point I could only drink coffee and eat chocolate ice cream, because those are the only things that sounded good, and the ice cream would have protein and fat and carbs and would keep me alive. We were SO miserable. Oh and we had 4? different WDW resorts so that's a lot of moving around. When we checked in to SSR the CM asked if he could call the shuttle for Centra Care, that's how bad I looked.

And we were at WDW for a week, then in Daytona for 5 days, then we were getting DH at the airport and doing Universal for a week and then a week long cruise. We were *just* about to answer the health questionnaire honestly and get on the cruise, so that was nearly 3 weeks of feeling terribble. And every time we turned on the radio, it was "Best Day of My Life".

Even now, 3 years later, we get super-sad when we hear that song.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter