Pre-Shutdown Wedding, Mid-COVID Honeymoon

Ptrejo85

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

Started planning last July, rented DVC point for March 15-25th! Moved our Honeymoon to August :(

Wedding was on 3/14, last weekend for any gatherings! We barely made it

Our new dates:
August 8-11 at the POLY
August 11-17 at AKL-Kidani
August 17-19 at YC

Got all the ADRs for both trips, made some good FP+ choices for the first trip. Here to share thoughts and plans as we go into the unknown...

:)

This will be my 5th trip to WDW and my DHs first! He’s not super excited, but I’m trying to get him hooked! He doesn’t like huge crowds, so maybe the social distancing will get him! We love food and drink! My last visit was in 2009!

Woke up this morning, not at 4am PDT, but at 7am PDT, for my 60 days reservation window. Figured the early morning wake up wasn’t much worth it.

For Saturday 8/15, wanted to get my brunch options in, so I booked Wine Bar George at 10:15am and Homecomin at 12pm.

For Sunday 8/16, I booked Homecomin again at 1015am.

Waiting to see if Cali Grill brunch will be an option again!

Feels nice to have something put back on “My Plans” for the third time from scratch...

Reservations I would like again:
Ohana
Be Our Guest
CRT (I know that there probably won’t be princesses, I just want DH to be able to eat in the castle!)
Victoria and Alberts
Enzos Hideaway
Cali Grill brunch

DH said he wants a good steak...so Yacthsman, but I’m cool with Le Celier too!

Reactions: DLo
Tomorrow is the big day! Waking up at 330 AM Pacific to log into MDE and try to get the Park Pass reservations! I just chatted with someone in a chat box on Disneyworld.com to get confirmation that everything looks good and I should be able to get into the system (although IT/Stitch eating pages issues may arise :rolleyes1).

Delta changed our flight on 8/8, so we get in a t 1030 PM now, which means we won't be at the resort until like 1130 (We plan to Lyft). May call them this week and see if we can change it back to an earlier flight.

They also announced that YC would open AFTER we leave...so we shall see where in the modification roulette we land. Thinking we may rent more DVC points, or leave early. Also depends on the park reservations I get.

We will know more tomorrow!

It's 3:30 AM, was wide awake about an hour ago. Decided it's too risky to fall asleep. Too excited also! :-)

Keep refreshing and following Canary thread!

Thinking of the following days/parks (Second Choice):

Sun 8/8: MK (POLY/Resort Day)
Mon 8/9: Resort Day (MK)
Tues 8/10: EPCOT
Wed 8/11: DAK
Thurs 8/12: Resort Day
Fri 8/13: HS
Sat 8/14: MK
Sun 8/15: DAK
Mon 8/16: HS
Tues 8/17: Epcot
Wed 8/18: Bye, Bye Disney 😭

I am hoping once dining reservations open up, we will be able to change our park days with availability! We shall see....

OK....after hours and hours! I got my reservations!

Saturday 8/8: 1030PM Arrival :-(
Sunday 8/9: Magic Kingdom, because you have to start there, right?!?
Monday 8/10: Poly resort day, Spa day (if open) Victoria and Alberts (if open)
Tuesday 8/11: EPCOT day
Wednesday 8/12: DAK
Thursday 8/13: HS
Friday 8/14: DAK (this will be our 5 month, so maybe Jiko for dinner?)
Saturday 8/15: AKL resort day
Sunday 8/16: MK
Monday 8/17: HS
Tuesday 8/18: Epcot
Wednesday 8/19: Bye, Bye Disney :-(

I am not really sure about ADRs just yet, but since we won't be on the dining plan anymore, I think we can wait and see for some things, more of a wing it idea. I would still like V&A and Cali Grill brunch, and DH liked the look of the Jiko menu, he's a spicy and strong flavored food kind of guy!

Next step...ADRs...if/when those open up now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!