Pre-spring break, post-hockey season March 2018 PTR

angyl15

Earning My Ears
DH and I are planning a surprise trip (will be a Christmas gift) for our 3 kids - DS8, DS6 and DD2 and my mom. We are going pre-spring break, but had to wait until March to wait for all of our fall hockey seasons to be over. We have visited before in January, June, July, August and October, so we are eager to try a new time of the year with hopefully mild weather.

Accommodations: 1 bedroom at bay lake tower. First time staying in a monorail resort. Super excited about the ability to walk home from MK!

Dates: Monday 3/5/18 - Tuesday 3/13/18 - arrive to MCO about 9am, depart around 2pm

Tickets: Planning for a 8 day ticket, with no park visits the last day. Would love to do blizzard beach, but it will probably be too cold.

Dining: We are still debating on the dining plan - we don't care for most sit downs - they take too long. Although we are not normally buffet people, we love the speed we can eat at them in disney. I think it would be nice to have to just worry about tips for the trip.

Here are the ADRs I am planning for....numbers are the order I plan to book them on 9/6

2. Chef mickeys dinner on arrival night
1. Be our guest dinner or Crystal Palace
3. akurshush breakfast
4. Ohanas dinner
5. Be our guest lunch
7. Hollywood and vine lunch
8. Biergarten
9. Homecomin'
6. Chef mickey's breakfast on departure

I am also hoping to get "knight packages" booked for the boys the morning of one of our WDW days, along with a sprinkle of pixie dust for my dd. She really wants to do BBB, but I cannot stand the hair they do and think she is too young for makeup - she is also technically too young to do it anyway, though I have read of almost 3 year olds doing it no problem. Hoping if I book the knights for the boys that they will still do her hair with a sprinkle of pixie dust.

Fastpasses and park days:
This has me in a pickle....I had everything planned out, avoiding MK for Tuesday and Sunday early morning tickets and then today park hours were put out. Here is my original plan, though according to some planning sites, I have large crowd days picked so I may reconsider.

3/5 - MK - space mtn/tales with belle, peter pan, winnie the pooh (chef mickey dinner)
3/6 - Epcot/HS star wars show - FEA, turtle talk, the seas (akurshus breakfast, La Cantina lunch)
3/7 - HS/MK fireworks - TSM, Star tours, Tot (hollywood & vine breakfast or lunch, Cont food court or wolfgang puck express dinner)
3/8 - AK/Epcot - FOP, Exp Everest/meet disney pals, finding nemo (Flame tree lunch, Biergarten dinner)
3/9 - MK - Bibbidi Boppity Boutique, 7 dwarfs/dumbo, big thunder, haunted mansion (pecos bill lunch, BOG or crystal palace dinner)
3/10 - Epcot - Soarin, mission space/figment, spaceship earth (sunshine lunch, homecomin' dinner)
3/11 - HS - jedi academy, rock n roller/tSM, froze sing along, disney junior (starring rolls lunch, ohana dinner)
3/12 - MK/AK river show - river journey, dinosaur, safari (be our guest lunch, CS dinner)
3/13 - chef mickey breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter