Pre-Trip Report(28) - Trip Zen

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 28 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

We all expect to have a relaxing and fun time on vacation. When things occur against that expectation, it can be stressful. I want to enjoy this trip as much as possible. Being in the right frame of mind is important. Things may happen but it's your reaction that either increases the stress or lessens the impact.

I heard this saying recently.

"Let the good things stick and the bad things fall off like they're teflon"

The following 11 points are from a web site called ZenHabits.com . I've used the titles but added my own tips for the vacation.

#1: MOVE IT
Moving will not be a problem. There's a ton of walking at WDW. Experts say exercise creates endorphins that improve your mental state.

#2: MEDITATE
Appreciate and be grateful for the opportunity to be on vacation in WDW !!!
I'm very excited and appreciative to make this trip and share it with my family and some friends. I never want to lose sight of this appreciation and gratitude. I'm amazed at the WDW property. No matter how many trips I make, it never ceases to amaze me.

#3: NO NEWS IS TRULY GOOD NEWS
Forget about the days troubles in the world. Those things will be there when I come back home.

#4: WORST CASE
For a split-stay, DW is worried they'll lose our luggage between BLT and BWV. What's the worse thing that could happen? I have to live in the same underwear for a couple days. :rotfl: Honestly, CM's will right any wrong. Chill.

#5: INTEREST
Worrying is like paying interest on a loan you don't even have. Worry is a wasted emotion. I know, easier said than done. It takes a serious commitment to control this emotion. Let's try for 8 days. ;)

#6: YODA
YODA from Star Wars “Fear is the path to the dark side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.”
I'm afraid to ride TOT. DS's friend is afraid of the thrill rides. We're telling her she has to go on them. I know she'll be glad she faced her fear.
If your afraid of the drop on Splash, you miss all the other cool parts of the ride. Go for it !!!

#7: CONTROL
We often have no control over things. I love the serenity prayer that says,
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

We had some things wrong with our BLT room last year. Amazed these things were missed like cold shower, tv didn't work and a plugged up sink. Chill (to myself) ... I called guest services and they were fixed by the time we came back to room.

#8: DETACH
Don't try to control things you have no control over. When the kids were young, they would get tired and throw a tantrum fit. The stress is compounded because your on vacation, spent a lot of money and want to have a good time. Put'em to bed and head for the jacuzzi. ;)

#9: ONE SONG
Take in all the "little" things and attention to detail at WDW. Notice the music, smells, people, art work and hidden Mickey's. It's a beautiful place if your not in a rush and stop to notice. There's more to this place than just an amusement park.

#10: PERSPECTIVE
It's a short trip. Remember the special times and forget the "issues". My kids are all grown up but we still had some special times on last year's trip. We don't get a lot of quality time with family. Cherish it.

#11: PRAY
I always to this before the trip. I pray for good health and fun for all.

Enjoy a stress free vacation !!!

Looking forward to your trip report. Loved the one from your trip last summer to BLT. Tell your DW not to worry about split stay. We've done them 4 times with no loss of luggage. We did it AKV/SSR with 9 peoples luggage (talk about a tip) on our last trip and it was very smooth. DH and I are headed down to BLT this August (just the 2 of us for a special 25th Anniversary long weekend) and getting very excited. We've never stayed at BLT and have a LV studio booked. Tell me, is it hot there in August? :rotfl2:

Looking forward to your trip report. Loved the one from your trip last summer to BLT. Tell your DW not to worry about split stay. We've done them 4 times with no loss of luggage. We did it AKV/SSR with 9 peoples luggage (talk about a tip) on our last trip and it was very smooth. DH and I are headed down to BLT this August (just the 2 of us for a special 25th Anniversary long weekend) and getting very excited. We've never stayed at BLT and have a LV studio booked. Tell me, is it hot there in August? :rotfl2:

I will tell her not to worry and I appreciate the encouraging insights.

Back to Zen, there are some things out of my control and one of those things are controlling DW's worry. ;) That being said, I will do what I can.

Our 25th is coming soon. Our dream is a trip to Aulani. Better start saving $$$'s.

I have a whole posting coming about weather. Gotta talk about the weather. August ? Hot ? No. Just think cool thoughts. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!