Pre-Trip Report(35) - Following Your Passion

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 35 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

Three Cheers for Walt !!!
Walt Disney followed his passion for animation as a young man from a small mid-western town. I doubt his parents appreciated his choice of profession. As a successful animator, he had a passion and dream to provide a place where families could go and enjoy themselves. They made a bunch of mistakes that made the opening of Disneyland a bit challenging.
Are we glad he followed his passion?

Critics and Fans
When I enthusiastically tell people about my passion for vacationing at WDW or my DVC purchase, I don't always get a warm response. Some people go to WDW for a "couple" days and never go back. When my DW and I first went to WDW, we were "moved". Both of us growing up had friends that went to Disney World with their parents but we never could afford it. We watched the World of Disney on Sunday nights and dreamed of making the trip to Florida to see Mickey Mouse. We have a deep gratitude and appreciation for this place that Walt built. With DVC, we enjoy sharing it with others who might not otherwise get a chance to experience it. It's our passion and we get a ton of "mileage" out of our excitement to go and memories we talk about all year long. I could talk on and on with fellow fans at work or with a neighbor about Disney World. Many folks are also passionate about it and some are not.

Live Your Passion
Pursuing and living a passion is what makes life fun. If you want to be passionate about something, you have to find it and then do it. The more you do it, the more passionate you become and the more you enjoy it.

If you own DVC, embrace it and enjoy it to it's fullest! To me, it's much more than a timeshare property.

We're glad Walt followed his passion. I love the story about how the land in Central Florida was acquired. I love learning about all of the secrets of WDW.

All of our friends and colleagues are quite familiar with our Disney addiction. There are some people that don't get it, and WDW is definitely not for everyone. I've learned to hold back on the details of our Disney trips, so as not to overwhelm. We still enjoy other vacations, but we cherish our Disney trips in a very different, and special way.

We, too, love our membership in DVC and definitely see it as more than just a timeshare. Our home is AKV, and although we have stayed at BWV and BLT and thoroughly enjoyed the proximity to the parks, Kidani still feels the most like "home" to us. We will be at our Kidani home in December, and can't wait to start planning that trip!

I have enjoyed your PTR. I don't think I could be as successful at coming up with 40 different ideas about trip planning!

We're glad Walt followed his passion. I love the story about how the land in Central Florida was acquired. I love learning about all of the secrets of WDW.

All of our friends and colleagues are quite familiar with our Disney addiction. There are some people that don't get it, and WDW is definitely not for everyone. I've learned to hold back on the details of our Disney trips, so as not to overwhelm. We still enjoy other vacations, but we cherish our Disney trips in a very different, and special way.

We, too, love our membership in DVC and definitely see it as more than just a timeshare. Our home is AKV, and although we have stayed at BWV and BLT and thoroughly enjoyed the proximity to the parks, Kidani still feels the most like "home" to us. We will be at our Kidani home in December, and can't wait to start planning that trip!

I have enjoyed your PTR. I don't think I could be as successful at coming up with 40 different ideas about trip planning!

We enjoyed "One Man and His Dream" exhibit at DHS. We watched the video and it's inspiring.
I really want to try AKV. Almost booked it for this coming June trip. I was willing to split my stay three ways but DW voted against. ;)

Thanks for your feedback ... hope I can keep my pace and keep the conversation interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!