Pre-Trip Report Aulani (again) 4/17-4/20

JonLouisB

Earning My Ears
Well if Aulani with the whole family (10 people) back in October wasn't enough, my soon-to-be-wife and I decided that some alone time at Aulani would be a fun precursor to our week on the Big Island.

I've already made reservations for AMA AMA (Breakfast) and Makahiki (Dinner) and we plan on doing some activities that we missed out on last time around.

Does anyone know if the construction is still in full swing?

We will be staying in a Studio Poolside Garden view and I'll be sure to post pics of the "view".

If anyone has any Big Island tips, I'm open to hearing those too!

Thanks

JB

Yes, the construction is currently still in full swing. The AMA AMA deck construction is due to be complete by March 22nd. The pool and new cafe construction will still be going on, however.

Reservations are made for Makahiki dinner on 4/18 and AMA AMA breakfast on 4/19.

Does anyone have any experience in the spa? We will be on our honeymoon and are looking into the couples therapies.

Also looking forward to doing the Star gazing activity on the night we arrive! Missed doing that last time we were there in October.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! The spa is fantastic! I stayed at Aulani for the 1st time in January and enjoyed all aspects of the resort especially the spa:-). My friend was there last week and said they closed the lagoon at Aulani because a tiger shark was in the lagoon- so be careful!

So we have the Signature Lomi Lomi massage treatments reserved for the both of us with a request to be in a private room.

I was informed via email that the Kula Wai area is closed as of 4/15 which is a disappointment. They did say that the sauna/steam rooms, relaxation rooms, and a couple other things are still available for use during our time in the spa.

I am considering canceling the reservation because $155 each is already pricey for our tastes and the free extras were some of the reasons we were looking forward to the spa day.

We decided to cancel the reservations at the spa and go with a couple's massage on the Big Island during the 2nd part of our trip for half the price!

Once all the construction is done and we have a chance to go back again we will hit up the Laniwai and all of its features.

20 days til we are there! :beach:

Have a great time! I can't wait to go back. It's a incredibly beautiful area. Avoid driving to Oahu during rush hour- it took me 2hrs and 10 minutes to get to my conference:-(

I booked a 9 hr Volcano Adventure Tour on the Big Island using myhawaii.net for $75 per person. Other tours I found were $120 each. I figure we can explore the island ourselves early in the week and then take the tour later to hopefully catch things we missed. We also plan on going to the Mauna Kea Visitor Center for the free nightly star-gazing.

For Aulani, our plan is to relax, sleep in a couple days, hang at the pool, I'm sure I'll get sunburned but the wife tans easily. Probably partake in some adult beverages but neither of us are usual drinkers. We've sworn off soda for this trip, so we'll either live on water or POG.

We arrive this Weds afternoon and plan on hitting up Monkeypod for the Happy Hour specials right away.

Reservations for Makahiki are Thurs night and AMA AMA are Friday morning. Can't wait for the French Toast with Peanut Butter and Bananas!!!:banana:

We can't wait for this long deserved Honeymoon/Vacation!

I did a lot of things while I visited the Big Island but my favorite was the helicopter tour of the volcano.

We arrived safely from the mainland, 30 minutes ahead of schedule since Hawaiian airlines is so rad.

Since we figured our room at aulani wouldn't be ready til 3-4pm we headed to North Shore for Giovanni's shrimp truck in Haleiwa.

Got our room (checked in online) easily, the concierge had our room key cards waiting for us at the valet station. We are in a Studio poolside garden view (pics of view to come).

Got settled and the went to Monkeypod for early dinner and to take advantage of happy hour prices. I'd recommend the garlic truffle oil fries and pulled pork sandwich.

Ended the night with a trip to the hot tub and some much deserved rest.

More to come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter