PRE-Trip report for June/July 2018 11 people maybe 10?

ccrosswhite

Mouseketeer
Okay, so we are planning our family trip to DW for my parent's 45th wedding anniversary. They wanted to take a 2 week cruise, but we couldn't all swing it so WE SETTLED ON DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

There will be 11 of us, but maybe only 10 of us.

We went 11 years ago in September and there were 11 of us, so now that the kids are grown, this will be fun.

We are going June 28th through July 5, with 5 day PHs, so having 5 days in the park will be fun. We are staying in the Art of Animation with 3 cars family suites.

The first room will have my father(DF 65) and mother (DM 63)

The second room will have my brother (DB), his wife (DBW), My 2 nephews(DN1 & 2) and niece (DJ)
The kids are 19, 18, and 15. DN1 may not be able to join us due to ROTC duties, so we may be down to 10, but are leaving our ADR for 11 right now.

The third room is MINE! It has me, my wife(DW) and my 2 kids, DS(17) and DD (16)

This is going to be awesome.

Just for some head's up, my DW is not all that excited about going to Disney World, so I am trying to get her in the mood. My DS, DB and DN1 & 2 and myself are all nerds so Star Wars is big to us.

My DF and DM are hoping this entire experience will be magical.
My DN and DD are both into baking so want to just experience the cupcakes and bakeries.

We are on the DDP and we have our ADR set, wish we could change one but here they are.

We arrive at 12ish on the 28th, so we have a big family dinner reserved at Boatwrights that night.

The next day is our first day in the parks, we have the earliest reservation possible at Crystal Palace for breakfast and then on to the Magic Kingdom!

We have supper reserved at Animal Kingdom at Tusker house with Rivers of Light package on Saturday.

Sunday we don't have a day in the park planned, we think we will be maybe going to the beach that day, or go to Disney Springs that day but have O'Hana for breakfast reserved as my DN1 wants to eat breakfast with Stitch. BUT he may not be able to be there, so I wish we could switch that to Dinner instead, so I will keep watching. We have dinner reserved at Frontera Cocina because my DF loves Rick Bayless.

Monday is our day at Epcot, starting with Akershus breakfast at the earliest time because we did this 11 years ago and the kids want to try to remake pictures.

Tuesday is our day at Hollywood Studios. We are actually using a TS at the 50's Diner for lunch that day, and then doing the Galactic Desert Spectacular that night.

Wednesday is 4th of July, so it is a free day for everybody. They can go to whatever park they want, all of our TS meals will be used up unless we change things, so we will wait and see. With the DDP we should have plenty of snacks and Quick service creds left.

Then we leave on Thursday morning, so back to real life that day.

So what do you think?

Obviously we don't have FP reserved yet, still like 27 days out.

Any suggestions?

okay, updates,
We are still looking to move our Ohana breakfast to supper, we now have our fastpasses reserved, and we have changed some of our dining.

-We are now doing Crystal Palace at 9:30 on Friday June 29th, that gives us the EMH hours before we eat. We have Big Thunder Mountain for the boys at 10:45 and Peter Pan for the girls at the same time. Space Mountain at 11:30 and splash mountain at 3:20. I tried to get earlier on those, but kind of fell asleep and didn't get to reserving FP+ until like 4 am and I couldn't even get 7 dwarf so I am hoping to get it during the EMH or early.

-Saturday the 30th is our Animal Kingdom day, so we have EMH from 8 to 9 that morning. I got FOP but not until 4:55 that afternoon, so that is fine. I have Safaris at 10 am and Everest at 11:50, and we have dinner that night at Tusker with ROL at 6:25.

-Sunday is still our nothing day, probably will go to the beach, but currently have 8:45 Ohana breakfast, and DF decided not to do Frontera, so we are doing 1900 Park Fare at 7:30pm

-Monday July 2nd is our Epcot day. We have 9pm to 11pm EMH that day. We have 8:05 breakfast at Akershus, then we have our fastpasses starting at 10am for Soarin, 11:20 for the seas, and 1:40 for Mission:space. Some of these the girls and boys will want to seperate on so I am waiting on what else they want to do. My DF is a GM retiree and we will get Test Track fp from his ID card.

-Tuesday July 3rd is our Hollywood Studios day. We have EMH from 7-8 am and our first FP is at 8:50 for star tours. At 10:25 the boys are doing RNR and the girls are doing voyage of the little mermaid. We have lunch at 12:40 at 50's Prime Time and then at 2:50 we have FP+ for Slinky Dog Dash, which is the earliest I could get them. We have the 8:30 PM for Star Wars Dessert as well that night.

-Wednesday July 4th is our last day in the parks, and it is a free for all. The boys have test track in epcot that day, and we are doing supper at Coral Reef at 7:15 that night, but nothing else set in stone.

We leave the next morning!

What do you think?

Okay, hopefully last updates.
We are 45 days out from out trip and my mother spend mother's day ordering tshirts for everyone off the disney shop app because she saw a coupon, so we are pumped.
We are still doing everything the same, with some change up on FP due to people changing there mind on what they want to do, EXCEPT WE GOT OHANA!
So we are doing Ohana at 4pm on Sunday, dropping 1900 Park Fare, as my family REALLY wants to do Ohana instead. After reading reviews, I am not that excited, but I am looking forward to testing it out. By doing it as an early supper on a day we aren't in the park, maybe we can sleep in Sunday, do a brunchish(is that a word?) thing and have an early dinner with hopefully slower service. Then we aren't up super late since we are going to Akershus the next morning early.

16 days out! We are now waiting on the 27th for my mother to have her doctor appt on the day before we leave because she is in a walking boot for tendonitis. Bands and new suitcases are ready, now to start packing. We can't wait to go!
My daughter gets back from a summer music program 3 days before we leave so she will have to wash clothes and pack then, but she will have been gone 3 weeks, so we are excited to get her back and then head to the most magical place on earth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter