Pre-trip report July 2018

KellyHonos

DisneyDivaxo
My sister and I will be going to WDW in July of this year. Last time we went was July of 2016, and we stayed in the French Quarter. We are doing a value this time to save on some $, so I'm interested to see the differences.

Our fist night in, we plan to go to Disney Springs.
Second day, we are going to Animal Kingdom and eating at Tusker House with the Rivers of Light package.
Third day, we are going to Epcot, eating at Tutto Italia.
Fourth day, we are getting to the magic Kingdom, FINALLY! We will be dining at Be our Guest for dinner.
Fifth day, we will hopefully be blessed with some nice weather so we can rest our feet and take a nice day of rest at the pool. Dinner will be at Kona Cafe.
Sixth day will be Hollywood studios. Dinner will be at the Hoop De Doo revue at Fort Wilderness.
Last day will be the second day at Magic Kingdom, ending the trip with dinner at Cinderellas Royal Table!

Tusker house and Be our guest are the only two restaurants we kept from our last trip. Kona Cafe, Tutto Italia, Cinderellas Royal table and hoop de doo are all new to us.

We cannot book our fast passes until May.

can anyone tell me what else to include in here? I have seen other people include pictures of their families, which is so sweet, I just am not sure how to do all that or if anyone is even interested :fish:

Thank you, Starvenger! I'll be sure to post any changes! Have you been to Cinderellas or Hoop de doo revue?

I haven't. I'm 0 for 3 trying to book Cinderella's for Disney trips (including my upcoming one). Did Akershus and 1900 Park fare as the "consolation" dinner for the kids. We don't stay at one of the resorts, so that could be why I never get it.

I actually didn't even know about Hoop De Doo until midway through my last visit. Seems like a lot of fun, though.

I haven't. I'm 0 for 3 trying to book Cinderella's for Disney trips (including my upcoming one). Did Akershus and 1900 Park fare as the "consolation" dinner for the kids. We don't stay at one of the resorts, so that could be why I never get it.

I actually didn't even know about Hoop De Doo until midway through my last visit. Seems like a lot of fun, though.

Okay, interesting. I haven't done either of those myself, and I am wondering if there is point in spending 2 dining credits on both. I guess we will see.

I think as far as backup plans go, 1900 Park Fare would be worth it. Interactions with the characters are good and the food is surprisingly good for a buffet. Food at Akershus is not as good. The smorgasbord is probably the highlight, entreees not so much. Character interactions seem much more rushed. The princess parade with the kids was cute though. I guess the thing for me is, if you're at Epcot and do a Characters Around the World tour, Akershus doesn't seem quite as special.

I think as far as backup plans go, 1900 Park Fare would be worth it. Interactions with the characters are good and the food is surprisingly good for a buffet. Food at Akershus is not as good. The smorgasbord is probably the highlight, entreees not so much. Character interactions seem much more rushed. The princess parade with the kids was cute though. I guess the thing for me is, if you're at Epcot and do a Characters Around the World tour, Akershus doesn't seem quite as special.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback! I guess I will front the 2 credits for each experience and depending on how special each is, I can reevaluate for next trip, which probably wouldn't be until another couple years. We try to go every other year or every other second year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter