Prediction?-Tiered FPs

MK would actually be somewhat doable with tiers compared to say Epcot or MGM. Let's say they made 7DMT (Fantasy), SM (Tomorrow), and BTMRR (Frontier/Adventure/Liberty) Tier 1. There's enough stuff in Magic Kingdom to fill 3 days with a tier 1 each day, whereas MGM and Epcot don't really have enough to fill one day without doing all of the headliners.

I hope that Epcot and MGM are eventually able to do away with tiers.
So, Tron wouldn't be Tier 1?

I find it kinda bizarro that we even talk about tiers...it's almost like an acceptance that you can spend a thousand dollars in a ticket for a week and are "ok" with it only entitling you to get into the gate comfortably...the actual entertainment is a rat race?

Surreal to me...

I know this isn't a popular idea but I think people who stay on-site at deluxe hotels, should definitely get more than 3 fp's. When you are paying Disney a lot of money to stay in one of their deluxe resorts, extra fp's should be one of the incentives, maybe 5 would be fair.

Also, what is the new TRON rollercoaster? I didn't notice them building anything in MK. Did they start building it yet?

I know this isn't a popular idea but I think people who stay on-site at deluxe hotels, should definitely get more than 3 fp's. When you are paying Disney a lot of money to stay in one of their deluxe resorts, extra fp's should be one of the incentives, maybe 5 would be fair.

Oh boy...

I'll even say perhaps I agree with you on some level...it kinda makes sense...

But here's the kicker: how much more do you want those people to pay for this?

Cause that's what you're talking about here and there is no other option. Careful when you open the lid on the box

Interesting because all I would see that doing is serving to increase how much the rooms would cost more and more and then you'd find that people would just continue to want more and more for the price they pay.

Oh boy...

I'll even say perhaps I agree with you on some level...it kinda makes sense...

But here's the kicker: how much more do you want those people to pay for this?

Cause that's what you're talking about here and there is no other option. Careful when you open the lid on the box

I could also see it backfiring on Disney and decreasing attendance. Folks like my family and I can't afford the extra money to stay on site. For example, on our last trip, we were quoted $4400 to stay at a value resort, tickets and "free" dining. We stayed off site for $2000 less. These days $2000 is a whole lot of money to us.

If WDW gives resort guests more fast passes than folks staying off site, if the folks staying off site can't get fast passes for the popular rides, they may shorten their stay at WDW or maybe not go at all. That would definitely impact Disney!

I could also see it backfiring on Disney and decreasing attendance. Folks like my family and I can't afford the extra money to stay on site. For example, on our last trip, we were quoted $4400 to stay at a value resort, tickets and "free" dining. We stayed off site for $2000 less. These days $2000 is a whole lot of money to us.

If WDW gives resort guests more fast passes than folks staying off site, if the folks staying off site can't get fast passes for the popular rides, they may shorten their stay at WDW or maybe not go at all. That would definitely impact Disney!
Well the original poster who posed the question was actually talking about more FPs for just Deluxe resorts.

Therefore if that was the case you would still only get 3 FPs at a Value resort while using the other poster's comment you would get 5 if you stayed at a Deluxe.

Giving more FPs period to whatever category (which would be interesting if/when they go away with the Value/Moderate/Deluxe categories) a person stays in, at least to me, has a high probability of raising the prices for all (or at least most) room rates regardless of categories.

Well the original poster who posed the question was actually talking about more FPs for just Deluxe resorts.

Therefore if that was the case you would still only get 3 FPs at a Value resort while using the other poster's comment you would get 5 if you stayed at a Deluxe.

Giving more FPs period to whatever category (which would be interesting if/when they go away with the Value/Moderate/Deluxe categories) a person stays in, at least to me, has a high probability of raising the prices for all (or at least most) room rates regardless of categories.

Yeah...this was basically the "pay more, get more" concept...

The problem is, they aren't gonna do it without an upcharge no matter what you pay.

This is what I railed about 5 years ago and it was met with the usual patronizing/condescension from those that couldn't be happy about vacation when real money/pricing got involved...

They ran hook packages while cranking all the regular prices relentlessly behind the scene.

Nobody "saved" a damn dime.

This is what I railed about 5 years ago and it was met with the usual patronizing/condescension from those that couldn't be happy about vacation when real money/pricing got involved...

They ran hook packages while cranking all the regular prices relentlessly behind the scene.

Nobody "saved" a damn dime.

And to further add. Disney makes a nice mint off of AP holders like myself. I wouldn't keep an AP if I could never get a FP for an E-ticket due to Resort guest eating more FP's up. I'm already at a 30 day handicap as it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter