Preferred gifts for FE?

NerdLeigh

Earning My Ears
I've booked my 4th Disney Cruise and doing my first FE exchange (adults only). As a recipient, do you prefer gifts personalized with your name or just something generic? (Disney themed of course) :flower1:

We like both. It's really more about the charm and/or usefulness of the item, rather than if it is personalized or not. I have kept some very nice personalized FE gifts, such as a small ceramic jewelry holder with my name & Minnie ears on it- I always take this on trips to store my jewelry overnight. I have also kept and reused nonpersonalized gifts that were useful & charming.

Some gifts I give are persnalized, others not. It depends on the type of gift it is. Do not let that limit you either way.

Just about anything can be fine for FE gifts. I wouldn't stress about it. Handcrafted magnets are always fun. They don't have to look "professional." E.g., a cool one we got was a hand drawing of mickey by a child. Another cool one was a 3D printed magnet of an anchor with a mickey logo. In addition, we've also gotten stuff from where people are from and thoroughly enjoyed that, too.

However, you should only do a FE if 1.) You are OK with people not liking what you give them; 2.) You are OK with not liking what people give you; and 3.) You will not be stressed by making/acquiring FE gifts.

Dont go in expecting everyone to like everything that you do. That said, I'd try to do something that I would like to receive. Meaning something thoughtful and well made.

My favorite gift was a little box with a clear top. Included was a magnet in case you wished to make it something for your fridge. The back inside of the box was decorated with a beach scene and my initials. It came with a little postcard and an attached (vitamin sized) empty baggie and another baggie with some shells and a little anchor charm. The postcard explained that the empty baggie was for gathering some pink sand (Bermuda) and using the attached items to make my own little memory box. There is a little pearl mickey head on the front and some rope embellishment around the sides. It was all hand assembled but done very nicely. It was thoughtful and a lovely keepsake of our beach day in Bermuda.

My second favorite was an ornament replica of our stateroom number. I keep it out year round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter