Preferred name on Annual Passports for transgender guests?

tabbidale

Earning My Ears
Hello all! This is my first post here., so I hope this is the right place, but I couldn't find this being answered anywhere else. If this has been answered before, forgive me!

So, my husband and I are both transgender, but have yet to legally change our names. We are getting annual passes soon, and it wouldn't bother me so much to have my legal name on my pass, except that CMs refer to you by name every chance they get! This would normally be lovely, but of course, other trans people know all too well being deadnamed is uncomfortable, aggravating and can be just dangerous!

I tried to do a little research and saw one post from a couple years ago where someone said they were able to have their pass read Preferred Name, Deadname, Last Name, and the name came up on the screen Preferred name last name, but then they said the following year they weren't allowed to do that again? I literally couldn't find any other info!

I just can't imagine they don't have some kind of option, but please let me know your experience! I appreciate it!

I believe they need your official government photo ID name to match your AP name. That's not to prevent trans folks from getting AP's, but rather is intended to be an anti-fraud thing preventing the sharing of an AP.

Perhaps once you get your names changed on your government ID they will update your AP account.

I'm trans (MtoF) and I used my Femme name on my AP and in the Disney App. I have not changed my name legally and no one has questioned me yet. Though my name is Daniel and my Femme name is Danielle so that may have something to do with it.

Im not sure about the AP. I would assume it needs to be in your legal name if you are using it for discounts, especially for hotel where you need to show ID

But...for magic bands, you can have any name you want. Your fingerprint and PIN are your IDs for MB, not your license. Link your AP and all your reservations to the MB. This is the name CMs will see when scanned.

(Enter any name up to 9 characters)

Add the name to MDE under your "friends and family", then select it as primary contact for all your dining. Also select this name for your FPs.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts