Pregnancy & Child Swap

Momto8

Proud Grandmother to 19 Grandchildren!
My son and his wife with my 2 granddaughters, aged 5 and 3, will be going to Disney in August if this virus is over by then. They had reservations for April, but those were canceled since Disney is closed. DDIL will be 6 months pregnant by then. DS will be taking their 2 little ones on rides that DDIL can't ride, but may have to ride with each daughter separately if only 2 can fit in a seat, like 7DMT. DDIL wants to know if they will be able to get a rider swap for my son so he can ride twice, once with each girl separately for those rides that DDIL can't ride. I did a brief search but couldn't find anything on this.

I know child swaps are for kids who aren't tall enough or for those kids who don't want to ride, but this will be for a dad who needs to ride with each child since they aren't old enough to ride alone.

Thanks for any help!

I think they can all wait in line together, then your son can ride first with one child while your DDIL and one child wait at the loading area, then ride again with the other once he finishes the first ride.

For rides that they have FP+, he can just switch magic bands with your DDIL and use her band for the second ride.

For rides that the 3 year old isn't tall enough to do, they can't all wait in line, but he wouldn't need two rides then anyway.

Yes, I thought about that but it does display your name when you scan the band. I didn't know if they would question that. I will let her know about using her band and/or to try standing in line to see if they will let them do this. Thanks!

Yes, I thought about that but it does display your name when you scan the band. I didn't know if they would question that. I will let her know about using her band and/or to try standing in line to see if they will let them do this. Thanks!

The CMs don't care if they swap bands - they only care that there is a valid FP during that time. :)

Nah they don't question it as long as the other person has entered the park.

I think they can all wait in line together, then your son can ride first with one child while your DDIL and one child wait at the loading area, then ride again with the other once he finishes the first ride.

For rides that they have FP+, he can just switch magic bands with your DDIL and use her band for the second ride.

For rides that the 3 year old isn't tall enough to do, they can't all wait in line, but he wouldn't need two rides then anyway.

This is one possibility but just talk to the CM at the entrance of each line. Perhaps some will choose to do it via rider swap for convenience purposes (some rides where the loading/unloading area are not near each other might be more of a pain and they may choose just to do it that way). But what you want to do should be fine and just a matter of doing it however the CMs for that ride deem most appropriate for that ride.

I use my mom's band all the time and it's never been an issue.

I use my mom's band all the time and it's never been an issue.
My son would have to use his wife's magic band, but I don't think it will be an issue from what everyone is saying.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions!

We have used each other’s bands tons of times without one issue. If it turns green you are in and most of the time CM are not even paying thta close attn to see who’s name is actually attached to it.

anyway, if you want to do the switch of bands go for it but if you want to milk the system and use rider swaps then have mom and child 1 make fp+ for ___ and dad/child 2 make one for another ride.
doubles the rides

I spoke to DDIL and she said they will be booking the same fast passes for all of them, so switching magic bands will probably be the best way to go.

Thanks to all for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter