Pregnant youtuber denied boarding on Disney Cruise

The best thing to do now is probably stop giving her attention (unless someone finds a new video of what really happened without her selected edits). Stop responding to this thread and let this be an end to her 15 minutes.

I, for one, don't see a problem with this thread. It's negative attention for her and she isn't making money from it. She probably doesn't even know it exists. I hope someone will post a video or two from other passengers if they should start appearing.

BF says to me, "did you see where Disney kicked someone off their ship because she was pregnant", why he did this is beyond me he knows I am a big fan of Disney, I said did you see the whole report? he said yeah they kicked her off the ship, I said no they did not they did not allow her to board. So I go through the whole online check-in you have to check that no one in your party will be 24 weeks pregnant, it's in your cruise documents that you receive from Disney in the mail, it's on their website etc. He said why did they have a armed guard, I said I don't know I have no idea how crazy this woman was acting, but that armed guard does not appear to be a Disney employee, he must be some one with the port authority. He said it was an armed guard a child was there, I said BF listen to me, you are not going to win this argument with me, the woman was in the wrong and it was not Disney's fault that she apparently didn't want to abide by the rules. She has had her 15 minutes of fame by trashing Disney so there you go. He said you will defend Disney won't you. I said yes I will when they did what they were suppose to do and this woman is just trying to get sympathy from the public because the big bad Disney did her wrong, they didn't do her wrong, she was trying to slip by.

And the ridiculous fake news has its intended effect. Its unreal how bad they have become, to the point that they are no longer reporting the news. The "armed guard" was in fact a Miami Dade Police Officer. Too bad DCL gave them their money back, she really needs to learn that this game she played is not going to go well for her.

I hope the other videos show up soon.

My cousin was born in the mid 80s at 26 weeks. She was 2 pounds, 2 ounces. She was a total miracle. I believe she was the smallest baby that had ever survived at the hospital she was born at at that point.

I’m so happy for your family that your cousin survived.

The friend whose son was born at 25 weeks...he did amaaaaazing. I’m not going to say it wasn’t scary, but his experience was nothing like the girl I know born at 24 weeks. He hit every milestone they needed right when it was needed. The girl was far more touch and go. He looks like your average ordinary 3 year old now, whose little sister was recently born at 35 weeks (mom had 5 weeks bedrest). The girl never put on the fat stores and is very very slim at 14. You can still kind of tell she was a super premie.

The mom of the boy was also a premie. I think that some kids need less time to “cook”, like others need more. My son had signs of prematurity at 42.5 weeks (he was rudely forced out bc WA is a rotten place to go “over”due). His father was 44 weeks with rock solid dates, and he was under 9 pounds. And I think other humans just need less time.

But you never know which side a baby will be!

Stop responding to this thread and let this be an end to her 15 minutes.

This thread doesn’t do anything for her other than maybe some sort of ego thing if she know it exists. She has no control over it and can’t monetize it.

The best thing to do now is probably stop giving her attention (unless someone finds a new video of what really happened without her selected edits). Stop responding to this thread and let this be an end to her 15 minutes.

I disagree, because people like this vlogger need to be taught that they can’t manipulate a situation to benefit them, while trashing a companies name. Due to people like this we all pay more for goods and services so companies can write off these losses.

I would love to see someone post the full video that led to the police being called in and it make national news, finally putting this person in their place. Someone needs to stand up to people like this, for some reason companies won’t.

I was on the Magic for the 28 March departure. Our PAT was 12:30, I certainly didn't notice any commotion. It would all depend on the time it happened, once we board, the outside world ceases to exist until they make us get off the ship.

The weather that day was warm, but nice. There was a strong breeze that kept things pleasant.

I agree. I think this thread should end and I'll do my best to stop commenting on it.

MUN

1/3 of her views have been in the past 30 days. Mission accomplished for her, though I imagine it won't last.
Thanks! I can't imagine her viewership growth will continue; her vlogs are hard to watch.

I don't believe this was a premeditated stunt. That would be a big risk and expense flying 10 people to Orlando (or was it Miami, I'll have to re-watch her vlog) to purposelessly get kicked off a ship for being too pregnant. I think she truly didn't know she wasn't suppose to be allowed to board the ship being that she was too far along in the family-way.

Again, I'm amazed all 10 flew back to St. Louis and skipped the cruise.

MUN

Thanks! I can't imagine her viewership growth will continue; her vlogs are hard to watch.

I don't believe this was a premeditated stunt. That would be a big risk and expense flying 10 people to Orlando (or was it Miami, I'll have to re-watch her vlog) to purposelessly get kicked off a ship for being too pregnant. I think she truly didn't know she wasn't suppose to be allowed to board the ship being that she was too far along in the family-way.

MUN

If she really didnt know, someone in her family that booked it did. Getting the doctors letter seems a little strange if she had no idea. But in either case, she should have searched for the cruise line requirements, most pregnant females know that there are restrictions.

If she really didnt know, someone in her family that booked it did. Getting the doctors letter seems a little strange if she had no idea. But in either case, she should have searched for the cruise line requirements, most pregnant females know that there are restrictions.
I'm not sure someone if her family knew the rule or knew that the rule would be enforced. Apparently, DCL enforces it by asking the pregnant women how pregnant are they. What's to stop her from lying? I read earlier that DCL now tests pregnant looking women before they are allowed to board. But I suspect that post was an April Fools joke. A very funny one, but a joke nevertheless.

MUN

I totally agree that it wasn’t premeditated, but when it happened, she thought quickly on how she could capitalize on the situation. My brain just isn’t wired to think that way.

I totally agree that it wasn’t premeditated, but when it happened, she thought quickly on how she could capitalize on the situation. My brain just isn’t wired to think that way.
I think there must have been a lot of frustration. I'm sure the member(s) in her party that raised a ruckus were upset and I'm sure they cited her doctor's note. But with something like this, rules are rules. When security was called, I'm sure she started thinking how this could make DCL look bad and her look sympathetic. Makes sense for a vloger trying to increase her viewership.

I'm not sure someone if her family knew the rule or knew that the rule would be enforced. Apparently, DCL enforces it by asking the pregnant women how pregnant are they. What's to stop her from lying? I read earlier that DCL now tests pregnant looking women before they are allowed to board. But I suspect that post was an April Fools joke. A very funny one, but a joke nevertheless.

Absolutely they knew. No way around it. It is in the paperwork that is turned into DCL. You have to check off on the pregnancy question. It is on the website, also. I would put money down that is why she got a doctor's approval. If they were unsure if the doctor's approval would work, most people would call DCL before flying all that way only to be turned away.

Apparently, DCL enforces it by asking the pregnant women how pregnant are they.

Before that it’s in the terms and conditions right there to click and see as you’re booking, and if you manage to miss that, then it’s something you have to check off during online checkin.

Nothing prevented her from lying. All
she had to do was state that she hadn’t entered, and would not enter during the cruise, her 24th week of pregnancy.

But in either case, she should have searched for the cruise line requirements, most pregnant females know that there are restrictions.
While I agree she should've done her research (some sources say she's cruised before) but some women really don't know about restrictions or don't think to look. Pregnancy brain is a thing, for one. Also, I recently talked to a mother of 2 elementary school aged kids about this incident, and she straight up legitimately said, "huh, I had no idea you couldn't cruise while pregnant." I couldn't even say she's clueless, but she's actually quite educated...a dental professional, with several post secondary degrees. I suppose she could still be clueless. I'm not defending the woman in the news, but some really don't know or don't think of it. Not an excuse, however. That's about as valid as saying, "sorry officer, I didn't know the speed limit was 25" while doing 50.

It's not a matter of "thinking to look." When they checked in for the cruise online they had to tick off a box saying that neither they, nor anybody in their party, would be at 24+ weeks of pregnancy. It's a required box and you can't skip it. *Somebody* in the party knew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter