Pregnant youtuber denied boarding on Disney Cruise

While I agree she should've done her research (some sources say she's cruised before) but some women really don't know about restrictions or don't think to look. Pregnancy brain is a thing, for one. Also, I recently talked to a mother of 2 elementary school aged kids about this incident, and she straight up legitimately said, "huh, I had no idea you couldn't cruise while pregnant." I couldn't even say she's clueless, but she's actually quite educated...a dental professional, with several post secondary degrees. I suppose she could still be clueless. I'm not defending the woman in the news, but some really don't know or don't think of it. Not an excuse, however. That's about as valid as saying, "sorry officer, I didn't know the speed limit was 25" while doing 50.

Anyone would think it was odd to not be able to cruise while pregnant but that is not the issue....you absolutely CAN cruise while pregnant....just not after you have entered your 24th week. A big difference IMO.

MJ

While I agree she should've done her research (some sources say she's cruised before) but some women really don't know about restrictions or don't think to look. Pregnancy brain is a thing, for one. Also, I recently talked to a mother of 2 elementary school aged kids about this incident, and she straight up legitimately said, "huh, I had no idea you couldn't cruise while pregnant." I couldn't even say she's clueless, but she's actually quite educated...a dental professional, with several post secondary degrees. I suppose she could still be clueless. I'm not defending the woman in the news, but some really don't know or don't think of it. Not an excuse, however. That's about as valid as saying, "sorry officer, I didn't know the speed limit was 25" while doing 50.

True, however someone booked it, and agreed more than once that nobody was that many weeks or would be on the cruise. So if it wasnt her, her family hosed her, not Disney.

While I agree she should've done her research (some sources say she's cruised before) but some women really don't know about restrictions or don't think to look.

I couldn't even say she's clueless, but she's actually quite educated...a dental professional, with several post secondary degrees.

It’s ok to not know when you haven’t booked a cruise. But when you start booking it’s right there to read. I HOPE that she’s reading the terms and conditions for what she’s booking. I hope we ALL are.

I mean, I don’t read the legalese when I’m updating the photos app on my MacBook, but I do read them for cruises, rental cars, and hotel bookings.

For everyone saying she didn't know, why would she have a doctor's note ready saying she was safe to cruise if she didn't know it would be an issue?

Exactly.

And got it wrong.

My mom was in the DC area, in remission from leukemia, under care with a blood transfusion place and two oncologist groups, and still wound up with an undiagnosed bleeding ulcer that killed her within 15 minutes of starting to cough.

Wow, that is really scary to read. My husband is in remission from leukemia. Did this happen recently?
I am so sorry for your loss, and the awful, unexpected nature of it. Especially when she was in remission, and it must have looked hopeful ahead. That must have torn you & your family up. It would me. I wish I had words of comfort.

Wow, that is really scary to read. My husband is in remission from leukemia. Did this happen recently?
I am so sorry for your loss, and the awful, unexpected nature of it. Especially when she was in remission, and it must have looked hopeful ahead. That must have torn you & your family up. It would me. I wish I had words of comfort.

Thank you. It was an awful time.

It was a blood thinner problem because she had silently developed an ulcer. Baaaad combo.

Happened 18 years ago.

The various groups watching over her kept billing after she died, and my stepdad wrote back to each with a list of the blatantly obvious symptom set that she had that each of them blew off entirely, and told them he expected to not receive further bills.

He didn’t get ANY further bills.

So I hope they all reminded themselves that nausea (without chemo), stomach pain, a need for extra transfusions, and the taste of copper add up to something very very bad when still taking warfarin (part of the treatment for some reason).

I wish your husband a long and healthy life.

My mom had a weird type of leukemia. At the time they told us it happens in children and in adults who were exposed to radiation as children (which she was bc of where she lived as a toddler). So he probably has a different type and different treatment plan.

(And it was extra hard for me as I’m quite intuitive with symptoms, but she hadn’t told me any of those things. I would have worked it out immediately, and then doublechecked it with my stepmom who is a nurse. At the least they could have stopped the warfarin. But she didn’t tell me. And she was only 55.)

Thank you. It was an awful time.

It was a blood thinner problem because she had silently developed an ulcer. Baaaad combo.

Happened 18 years ago.

The various groups watching over her kept billing after she died, and my stepdad wrote back to each with a list of the blatantly obvious symptom set that she had that each of them blew off entirely, and told them he expected to not receive further bills.

He didn’t get ANY further bills.

So I hope they all reminded themselves that nausea (without chemo), stomach pain, a need for extra transfusions, and the taste of copper add up to something very very bad when still taking warfarin (part of the treatment for some reason).

I wish your husband a long and healthy life.

My mom had a weird type of leukemia. At the time they told us it happens in children and in adults who were exposed to radiation as children (which she was bc of where she lived as a toddler). So he probably has a different type and different treatment plan.

(And it was extra hard for me as I’m quite intuitive with symptoms, but she hadn’t told me any of those things. I would have worked it out immediately, and then doublechecked it with my stepmom who is a nurse. At the least they could have stopped the warfarin. But she didn’t tell me. And she was only 55.)
What a terrible story. It sure sounds like medical malpractice. And they kept billing her after her death!!!
What a terrible time that must have been. And as you say, she was only 55. I am so sorry. A sad story.
Thank you for your wishes for my husband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter