Premium Magic Bands

Ordered 3 premium bands, just shipped today, zero issues. No clue what everyone is upset about.

Ordered 3 premium bands, just shipped today, zero issues. No clue what everyone is upset about.
Some of us are upset because we’ve been trying for bands for months now. I’ve got 7 days left and I still haven’t been able to get three bands for my party that we all want. We each have picked three or four bands we want, to be more flexible, but that doesn’t even work. At this point, I’ve resigned myself to color bands. I’ll keep trying, but I’m pretty pessimistic about it at this late juncture.

While I realize many are having issues, my bands arrived today. However, I have been obsessively reading this site and checking MDX. I did not get my first choices after the second or third drop of upgraded bands.

We got
A grey “Galaxy’s Edge” band for DH and a “Walt Disney” band for me.

It is almost like a lottery or something.

Some of us are upset because we’ve been trying for bands for months now. I’ve got 7 days left and I still haven’t been able to get three bands for my party that we all want. We each have picked three or four bands we want, to be more flexible, but that doesn’t even work. At this point, I’ve resigned myself to color bands. I’ll keep trying, but I’m pretty pessimistic about it at this late juncture.

Pretty much have done the same thing. Need four bands and each person has picked 3 or 4 they would be willing to have. I can never find even 3/4 in stock at any one time.

So frustrated too. And today there don't seem to be any bands except the solid colors!!!
It appears there are no premium options today so far either. I am wondering if that means they are working on fixing the “system” or heavily restocking the premium bands?? Here’s hoping!

I’m hoping they are fixing the system. It is just stupid to show them available when they are really sold out or maybe never available to begin with. I sent an email, but just got a generic we’re sorry response.

I am watching like crazy for ours too. These couple days of only solid color bands have me nervous.

I've been trying for ages to get a Spaceship Earth one but have encountered all the issues people have described.

But I don't understand the stock issue. I can understand it if you are ordering now for arrival in, say, two weeks. But my trip isn't til November next year! I mean, how do they work this? Surely, if I was to get lucky and order one now, they don't actually put one aside for me now in a store room for 15 months?? Or perhaps they do...because they say once ordered the order can't be changed, so it might be printed immediately with your custom label, and this is the only way they can guarantee that one you order now would still be available 15 months later, by using stock that is available at the moment. But you also run the risk of the battery running down in that period??

Perhaps they do operate a time cut-off thing, where people who have been able to order have their trips coming up soon, whereas beyond a certain period of time it just effectively says you are unable to order or doesn't give you the premium choices. Does that make sense? [EDIT: No, scratch that, jsut seen a post above that says somone is still unable to order with only 7 days to go]

If anyone is waiting for the White Castle Band, it’s been available for a few hours now. I just checked again and it went into a cart. Can’t guarantee you will get through check out, but it’s a start!!

Hey everyone, just bumping this up.

So, do they ever offer ALL the bands that are currently in stock in the Disney store that you can pay for. I've got two kids in our party wanting Lightning McQueen and Slinky Dog and I *never* see them. I do see changes every day, but it seems to be the same old ones and never more than a choice of about 21 bands (that count includes the complimentary ones).

Any experience on how the selection might change?

Hey everyone, just bumping this up.

So, do they ever offer ALL the bands that are currently in stock in the Disney store that you can pay for. I've got two kids in our party wanting Lightning McQueen and Slinky Dog and I *never* see them. I do see changes every day, but it seems to be the same old ones and never more than a choice of about 21 bands (that count includes the complimentary ones).

Any experience on how the selection might change?
Although I cannot answer your main question, I have seen a Toy Story one with only Slinky available from time to time, so it is one of the ones they show. Snagging it may be difficult like with so many of them. It can be so frustrating. I’m still waiting for It’s My Birthday and Galaxy’s Edge to return. Persistence and patience are the only way I know at this point.

Chiming in that you need to be on and refreshing around 730am EST as that is when I found it to be the easiest to get bands both times I locked mine in for our trip starting next week.

Although I cannot answer your main question, I have seen a Toy Story one with only Slinky available from time to time, so it is one of the ones they show. Snagging it may be difficult like with so many of them. It can be so frustrating. I’m still waiting for It’s My Birthday and Galaxy’s Edge to return. Persistence and patience are the only way I know at this point.

Thanks. You know, over the past few weeks I saw Galaxy's Edge often--like daily, but I sure don't see it now. I don't think I've ever seen the birthday one but I'd love to pick it up for my aunt!

Bumping this up, still no luck for our party of 4 and we only have 11 days left to select our bands. So frustrating.

I have been trying it for only one person with an AP so it's easier, still no luck. Annoying.

***A Small World one went through at 11:44am.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!