preschool woes....

S

susy

Today I went to the school I will be working at this fall (teaching kindergarten). My son was supposed to attend the same school for pre-K....until I encountered his future teacher.

After about 2 hours of being in her presence, I decided to keep my son at the preschool that he has been attending all summer (his first time ever in school).

Okay, I am a strict teacher and I don't put up with any nonsense, but I couldn't believe that in 2 hours I did not hear even one happy sound come from that room!!! She had them sit down (all at once) at a table to do an art project. After about ten minutes of "shushing" them and yelling at them for not sitting still, they still did not have anything on the table in front of them! She just plain sounded like she hated her job and I knew that I could not work with my son in there (the room is next to mine).

When I left to pick up my son, I raced to his school and asked the assistant director if there was any room left for my DS for the fall. She said yes!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!
She has only been after me for weeks and I kept telling her that he would be going to the school I would be working at.

I guess I will have to play music all the time to drown out her yelling and shushing.

Good for you, go with your instincts. My oldest DS went to nursery school at our church. I listened outside the door one day and did not like what I heard. He finished out the year but I decided middle dS would not go there. Luckily I found a wonderful school in town that had one spot left. He and youngest DS went there, I loved it. Never had a minute of worry. I told our church director why other DS would not be attending. She of course disagreed with me, that the teacher in question was wonderful. I just said, you will see, others will catch on eventually. In two years she was let go. Mainly because a family who donates lots of dough to church sent their son and they complained she was out of there!

:( I hate to hear teacher stories like this one, our teachers are so important to our babies futures.

Sounds like you made a good decision, I'm so glad they still had room at your son's current school.

That is so sad. I'm glad there was room for him at his old place.

What kind of teacher sits the kids down without the art supplies already on the table? Unless they're using materials that could be really messy and the students need to be seated and still before placing them on the table, there's no excuse for that. And it should only take about 2-3 minutes to get them started, max. I feel sorry for the kids in that class.

The first time we sent our dd to a daycare after almost three years with a private sitter we chose a church school because we thought that would be the best. My dd was always very clingy in the mornings but I thought it was because she missed her old sitter. Then she started biting her nails!!!! Why would a three year old bite her nails??? I found out that she was yelling at the kids alot. This teachers husband also worked as a janitor at the school and he was always tormenting her also and trying to get her to bop people in the eye. As soon as dd was put in another class she stopped the nail biting and she was like a different child!!

Also something I thought was very strange was that at the time we were going on quite a few Disney trips and then we also moved into a new house. I found out that they had gone out looking for our house and drove around until they found out where we lived. It really gave me the creeps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter