Preserving newspaper with photo?

cuterlt

<font color=green>DH will do the laundry...when no
I need some help, and I knew this would be the place to come. I'm not very crafty at all, but I want to do something special with a newspaper article that has a photo on it. What I'd really like to do is mount it somehow on a pretty piece of wood and shellack (spelling?) it so that it will last. Any help out there? I know I can find some nice wood pieces at hobby lobby or Michaels, but how do I do this?
Thanks for all your help!

The only thing I would worry about is the shelak (how *do* you spell that word) ruining the article itself. What I would do- If its a copyable size then Id go xerox or color xerox the aritcle so then if a boo-boo happens its not the end of the world-

As for the process itself I would think all ya'd need to find is a suitable mounting block (definetly something a craft store should have) then find a clear coat lacquer or even modge podge would work and have fun-

-em

I'd make the copy first also - and definitely go for the mod podge over the shellak. There is a form of this used for finishing jigsaw puzzles that you want to mount and frame. Forget the exact name as it was several years ago that I did one of these. But I do remember I got it at JoAnnes so it should be available in most craft stores. One of the advantages is that it is formulated (at least according to the label - I remember because it is why I grabbed that brand) to NOT interact with the dyes.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter