Presidents day weekend or MLK day weekend

ffcheff

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to see if anyone thought if MLK or Presidents day weekend was the better bet for crowds and weather?

I'd probably give the edge to MLK because a lot of schools in the north east have presidents day weekend as their opening weekend. But I don't think it's going to be a massive difference.

Thanks. I booked MLK weekend due to my work schedule. Glad to here it was a toss up.

I concur that MLK is probably what I would select, though I can't say you'd really notice much difference.

We felt MLK week was quite crowded this year, but never been Presidents so can't compare. I doubt it's much of a difference. The waits for the rides started earlier than we expected (still could get a lot done with rope drop and a good plan), and the rope drop crowds were more than we were used to. The long waits lasted most the day too. We are used to them subsiding a little here and there, but it just seemed to stay busy all day.

My husband and I just planned a quick trip during MLK weekend also, so fingers crossed we are both going to do just fine!! :flower1:

We were deciding between the two and went with MLK. Mostly to join our friends. I doubt it is much difference.

We went MLK 2019. That weekend it was crowded but crowds got better as the week went on. We got FP for almost everything. Only waited in maybe 5 lines without FP. Refresh is your FP friend!!

We normally do MLK weekend (4 day weekend from my son's school). We did President's Day weekend one year. The issue that year, Mardi Gras overlapped President's Day weekend. Holy crowds batman! Personally I think MLK and President's day are probably about the same due to school breaks, you have to avoid Mardi Gras. If it overlaps President's Day, walk away, and look for a different time to go!

Never been on MLK but President's Day is usually the start of school vacation week in Mass and many other Northeast states so I'd bet that MLK is probably a bit better.

We were there President's week 2018 and, wow, the crowds were awful. Never again! I have since heard that President's week is second in crowds only to the week between Christmas and New Year. I don't know if that is factually true but it sure felt that way.

Here in the Northeast, President's Day falls over February Recess where schools are out for the whole week. Many more people vacation during this time than over MLK weekend. However, in terms of weather, President's Day is likely to see better weather. They're both a crapshoot in terms of weather-related delays if you're flying, but in Florida, you're inclined to see slightly warmer temperatures in mid-late Feb than you would mid-January.

We normally do MLK weekend (4 day weekend from my son's school). We did President's Day weekend one year. The issue that year, Mardi Gras overlapped President's Day weekend. Holy crowds batman! Personally I think MLK and President's day are probably about the same due to school breaks, you have to avoid Mardi Gras. If it overlaps President's Day, walk away, and look for a different time to go!

We’re booked President’s Day 2021. We knew it would be really busy but couldn’t find another time to go. I just looked it up and Mardi Gras overlaps with it! Oh no!:crazy2:

I have never been on MLK day but I know Presidents’ Day was whack!! I said I would not be back for that weekend!!

When we had annual passes and were going to the parks. A couple years we did both MLK and President's day weekends. After a couple of years we stopped going President day weekend due to the crowds that weekend. At the time didn't understand why, until people here mentioned that some NE state's schools close during that time frame

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter