Presidents'/Princess Half Marathon Week vs. Spring Break/Easter

iujen94

DIS Veteran
So our carefully-planned family trip for February 19-24 (February 18 is Presidents' Day; February 24 is the Princess Half Marathon) has been potentially thrown into turmoil. Our option would be to move it April 16-21 of our Spring Break week. On the plus side, we are late in the Spring Break season. On the negative side, April 21 is Easter.

We've been many times during Presidents'/Half Marathon week, so we know it's super busy, but we know what to expect. Putting on your fortune-telling hat, do you think the crowds we'd see at Spring Break would be similar, or a whole other level of crowded? (I'm not sure I'd ever go to Disney at Christmas, because I couldn't handle THAT level of crowdedness.)

Thanks for any thoughts!

I’ve been to both weeks a few times. It’s not even a comparison. Spring Break is much busier!

The best description I can give is this: Tier 2 rides like Haunted Mansion and Pirates are 70 minutes in the afternoon vs 50 minutes during presidents week.

So that means more people everywhere during spring break.

The positives of spring break are longer park hours and much better weather. Mid April is 65- 85 vs 55-75 in February. The extra 10 degrees makes a big difference, especially in the evening.

There are so many areas that tie their spring break to Easter, that week is likely to be super busy. I love Dave's week rankings, he has that week in April rated as an 11, a number he saves for only Easter and Christmas/New Year's weeks:

**Edited- I'm guessing my link got censored because that's not allowed, but it's from your first visit that I was talking about his week ranking

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter