Pretty Sure They Created a New Festival Just For Us - 2 week Jan DR *COMPLETE

I am so happy I found your review. I have followed several of your reports and have eaten at specific restaurants because of your reviews. In fact, my favorite dish I have ever eaten was because of something you posted. The Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do at Raglan Road. OMG! I still dream about it. Too bad they don't make it anymore. I didn't think we would be going "home" for, at least, another year. If not longer. However....my awesome wonderful hubby told me a few weeks ago to book us a trip. That's US no "us' as in all 4 of us. We are going to the World for the first time ever without our kids. I am super excited! I was really nervous about the restaurants that might be available in July. I booked our package at 63 days out. I was able to get everything that I wanted. Woohoo! And I booked us a room at POFQ with a PIN code discount. Score! I am so excited for Homecoming. That was the ONLY one that I wanted to make sure we ate at. And we are. On our last night. I figured it is a great way to end our quick adults only vacation. We will only be there for 3 full days. 2 park days and one day to do nothing. Maybe check out the putt putt courses.

It has been awhile we ate at Rose and Crown. I am now craving their fish and chips.
Build your own pasta and shrimp po'boy looks good as well. Seriously, POFQ is such a charming resort. It is our fav. mod resort. I really do miss taking the boat down to DS. Super convenient.

Awesome update. You talking about saying how you wouldn't get the fish and chips but then getting it sounds JUST LIKE ME all the time, lol. Then I'm full and uncomfortable and cranky! It tastes good at the time, right?!

I wish they would have had that Almond Cake for Flower & Garden. I LOVE almond anything! It looked so pretty too! The Pop Tart thing looks so good too!

First, congratulations on your graduation. What a huge accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!

I'm totally with you on SciFi. We like to eat there, but i think the real is about 30 years old as I remember it as a kid. Or maybe all the films just look the same and they really do change it :-)

Looks like the food court has some really good options for lazy vacation days. Wish we were better at enjoying some room time while there. I'd love it, but kiddo ain't having it

I'm in! Congratulations on your graduation! Enjoying your report so far.

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

I looooove Jammie Dodgers!

Same! I was pleased to find I can order them off Amazon too.

We have always loved Sci-fi but I agree a new reel of clips would be welcomed! I love the Scottish egg at R&C and the fish and chips, both great choices.

The food court build your own pasta is always good, we have had it at POR, is it new at FQ now?

It is always nice to have some lazy days at Disney, it can be exhausting lol!

Yeah, they need to switch it up a bit for us seasoned folks.

R&C is always a winner.

I think it is new since the refurb. I had only had it at POR too prior to this trip. Although, POR gives you a breadstick and POFQ does not, so I'll give the edge to POR.

I've enjoyed several of your reports and this is no different, but those nails?! Too, too, so very cute! I'm not brave about my nail colors.

Thank you so much!

Aren't they so cute?! I have to do Disney Jamberry on vacation, but normally I don't ever have polish or anything on my nails. You should definitely try them! You can find them on eBay pretty cheap just to try them out.

digestives are life! Agreed with whoever said you two look like you always have a blast together! Love it.

Yes! So good!

Aww thank you! :goodvibes

I am so happy I found your review. I have followed several of your reports and have eaten at specific restaurants because of your reviews. In fact, my favorite dish I have ever eaten was because of something you posted. The Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do at Raglan Road. OMG! I still dream about it. Too bad they don't make it anymore. I didn't think we would be going "home" for, at least, another year. If not longer. However....my awesome wonderful hubby told me a few weeks ago to book us a trip. That's US no "us' as in all 4 of us. We are going to the World for the first time ever without our kids. I am super excited! I was really nervous about the restaurants that might be available in July. I booked our package at 63 days out. I was able to get everything that I wanted. Woohoo! And I booked us a room at POFQ with a PIN code discount. Score! I am so excited for Homecoming. That was the ONLY one that I wanted to make sure we ate at. And we are. On our last night. I figured it is a great way to end our quick adults only vacation. We will only be there for 3 full days. 2 park days and one day to do nothing. Maybe check out the putt putt courses.

Glad you were able to join in for this review too! That is so cool! OMG I am right there with you with the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do. I wish they still had that dish. It really was the best thing ever.

That is so great that you are having a couples trip! I hope you have a blast. I really think that them charging for cancelled reservations has made it easier to get reservations so close to your wanted time now. We have had surprising luck booking so close to our time as well.

Homecoming is amazing! Definitely partake in a drink there as well. Best drinks on property.

Do nothing days are always fun too. Putt putt sounds like fun. I still have yet to do that!

It has been awhile we ate at Rose and Crown. I am now craving their fish and chips.
Build your own pasta and shrimp po'boy looks good as well. Seriously, POFQ is such a charming resort. It is our fav. mod resort. I really do miss taking the boat down to DS. Super convenient.

Yum! Those fish and chips are so good, but they always kill my stomach. But I can't quit them!

We had a really great time at POFQ! It was so convenient to DS and I love how small and compact the resort is.

Awesome update. You talking about saying how you wouldn't get the fish and chips but then getting it sounds JUST LIKE ME all the time, lol. Then I'm full and uncomfortable and cranky! It tastes good at the time, right?!

:laughing: Well I'm glad to know that it's not just me! But it really is so good!

I wish they would have had that Almond Cake for Flower & Garden. I LOVE almond anything! It looked so pretty too! The Pop Tart thing looks so good too!

Same! I get slices of almond pound cake at a bakery near me and it is my favorite. This cake was almost too pretty to eat though! Almost... :laughing:

As a diehard Pats fan and a diehard pizza fan, this sounds like a perfect day :)

Yesssssssssss!!!! Go Pats!!!!!!

First, congratulations on your graduation. What a huge accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!

I'm totally with you on SciFi. We like to eat there, but i think the real is about 30 years old as I remember it as a kid. Or maybe all the films just look the same and they really do change it :-)

Looks like the food court has some really good options for lazy vacation days. Wish we were better at enjoying some room time while there. I'd love it, but kiddo ain't having it

Thank you so much!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they have never changed it. Time for some new (old) material.

The food court here was great. POFQ and POR probably have the best options of anywhere we have stayed. Sometimes you just don't feel like leaving the room. I try not to feel guilty about it since it is vacation after all.

The next morning we actually made it for rope drop at MK for the second time this trip and caught the little show in front of the castle. Woot!

Casey's just started offering up breakfast options right before the start of our trip and I was glad that we could get something in MK for breakfast before the rides start to open for the day, so we skipped the food court back at POFQ in favor of Casey's.

Rob got the specialty hot dog. Yup. A hot dog for breakfast. :laughing:

This crazy concoction was covered in bacon, cheese, crispy onions and some type of sauce. It looked good, but it gave me a belly ache just thinking about eating a hot dog before 9am.

I got the mini cronuts.

These were really good. Very rich, but just breakfasty enough to get away with calling them breakfast.

The best part about this was that it was totally dead in here. We were in and out with our food and done eating just in time to go back and get on rides as soon as they opened.

Casey's for the breakfast win!

Now it's time for rides!

We went right back and got on BTMR.

Then we had a deserted walk to Haunted Mansion.

Rob stopped for a treat in the form of a Dole Whip.

Classic! He loves the pineapple floats. I only like the pineapple/vanilla swirl, so I am relegated to only the Pineapple Lanai at Poly.

Then it was time for IASW, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, SDMT, People Mover, Pooh and Space Mountain. Before heading into Carousel of Progress we decided to stop for a snack at the Lunching Pad where I got a Mickey pretzel. My favorite!

A final ride and then we are out!

Well, almost out. One final Mickey shaped food stop. Plaza Ice Cream Parlor here I come!

I got my favorite MK snack. A Mickey Mouse Kids Cone. It's $3.49 and all the ice cream I need. And obviously its better since it looks like Mickey.

Good bye for now MK!

Last edited:
First belated congratulations on the graduation. Your F & C at Rose & Crown look so good as did the Shepard's Pie ( that would be my DH's pick). We had a few so-so dinners there and haven't been back the last few trips. Maybe next trip we will go again for lunch( which we did on earlier trips).On the last few trips we have had better meals at park TS restaurants during lunch then dinner.
POFQ is the resort we have always stayed at your pictures are making me homesick.:rolleyes:

Everything looks great, except the food court pizza! I'll take your word for it when you say it has improved. Lol!!! However.....the breakfast at Casey's? Yes! The Cronuts look so yummy, gotta stop there. I enjoyed the review of Sci Fi too b/c I haven't read much about there in a while but ?I just booked a meal there. I really wanted something themed & extra Disneyish. ☺️

These were really good. Very rich, but just breakfasty enough to get away with calling them breakfast.

The best part about this was that it was totally dead in here. We were in and out with our food and done eating just in time to go back and get on rides as soon as they opened.

Casey's for the breakfast win!
You are the first trip report I have seen where someone has tried the breakfast. I want to try the cronuts! They look Delish.

Wow on the hotdog for breakfast. And a loaded one at that! Super impressed by Rob's stomach right now.

As usual I love following your report!

First belated congratulations on the graduation. Your F & C at Rose & Crown look so good as did the Shepard's Pie ( that would be my DH's pick). We had a few so-so dinners there and haven't been back the last few trips. Maybe next trip we will go again for lunch( which we did on earlier trips).On the last few trips we have had better meals at park TS restaurants during lunch then dinner.
POFQ is the resort we have always stayed at your pictures are making me homesick.:rolleyes:

Thank you so much! Both options at R&C are delicious. I definitely prefer eating there for lunch. And it's even better when you're not there in the heat as the food is a tad on the heavy side. I would agree with you about park TS restaurants for lunch. It's a way better option.

We love POFQ! It's so cute and quiet there.

Everything looks great, except the food court pizza! I'll take your word for it when you say it has improved. Lol!!! However.....the breakfast at Casey's? Yes! The Cronuts look so yummy, gotta stop there. I enjoyed the review of Sci Fi too b/c I haven't read much about there in a while but ?I just booked a meal there. I really wanted something themed & extra Disneyish. ☺️

:laughing: I was very dubious about the pizza but it was much better than I anticipated.

The cronuts were yummy! I am so glad they are throwing some breakfast options in at MK as I like to get right to the park before eating on MK days.

Sci-Fi is perfect for that Disney theming. We always enjoy it there, I just think we suffer from too many meals there over the past number of years. I hope you have a great time there!

You are the first trip report I have seen where someone has tried the breakfast. I want to try the cronuts! They look Delish.

They were delicious! Definitely worth a quick stop at Casey's.

Wow on the hotdog for breakfast. And a loaded one at that! Super impressed by Rob's stomach right now.

As usual I love following your report!

:laughing: He has an iron stomach! I love hot dogs, but I need to eat them much later into the day.

Thanks again for reading along! So glad you are enjoying my report!

After leaving MK we decided to take the Express Monorail over to TTC. Empty monorail car means we need a selfie!

Then we got on the Epcot monorail. I LOVE taking the Epcot monorail from TTC, so I was glad we had the opportunity to do so.

We arrived at Epcot right at 1:30 and decided to take advantage of some cool temps to walk around and snack the festival.

My first stop was Decadent Delights.

I tried the Deconstructed Purple Sweet Potato Pie with Salted Caramel, Bourbon-Soaked Cake and Marshmallow Whipped Cream.

While this dessert LOOKED stunning, it was super bland. If they had actually made this a regular pie with all of these components so that you got some of the pie, cake, salted caramel and whipped cream in every bite I would have liked it. Once I ran out of the caramel and whipped cream I was done with this. The purple sweet potato wasn't bad, it just didn't taste like much of anything without the other components. Bummer.

Folks were working on the mural again today. Love this!

Next Rob decided to get the almond cake I had already tried twice and loved. He liked this as well.

Then I went back to Mexico for the Choriqueso Taco.

Yummmmm!!!! Just as good this time.

Then Rob went to E = AT^2 and tried the Deconstructed Breakfast: Twinings Spiced Apple Chai Tea Shake with Maple-Bourbon Cream, Waffle Crisp and Candied Bacon.

He said this was weird, but enjoyable. He said he would have it again. He said it didn't have much of an apple flavor.

Then we decided to go to the Festival Showplace inside Odyssey.

I love that they use this as a nice place for a break from the crowds and the weather during the festivals now.

Rob decided to get the beer flight.

He wasn't a big fan of any of them and thought they were on the plain side.

I decided to go outside of my comfort zone and get the Trio of Savory Croissant Doughnuts. Whipped Herb Cream Cheese with Sea Salt. Chicken Mousse with Fresh Herbs and Everything Bagel Seasoning. Spicy Tuna with Sriracha Mayo and Sesame Seeds. This sounded kinda gross to me, but I kept reading a lot of people saying that it was one of their favorite things this festival so I thought, why not!

This was NASTY. I took a bite of the chicken mousse and threw up in the trash can next to me. I did not spit it out. I threw up. So gross. I tried to take a bite of the others but I couldn't do it. I would get a tiny bite in my mouth and I found it so repulsive that I would spit it out. I have never been big on the thought of that kind of tuna, but thought I must be missing out. I am not. It's gross. I guess I don't have a very 'refined' palate. :laughing: Then I took a sip of Rob's strawberry beer to get the taste out of my mouth and it was not good. Not at all. All of those croissant doughnuts went right in the garbage. What a waste.

We decided to make out way over to WS and hit up the UK for some more snacking. We wanted some appetizers and a beer and what better place to do so.

We were seated inside and Rob ordered a few Black & Tans while I had a Cider and Black.

Then Rob got the United Kingdom Cheese Platter with Stilton, McCall's Irish cheddar and Cotswold Cheese. He loves cheese plates and this is one of his favorites.

I got a Crock of Potato Leek Soup. I always enjoy this, but I was especially enjoying this in contrast to those nasty croissant doughnuts.

Since we get the TiW discount here it was a nice place to stop and sit for a bit to enjoy some snacking and drinking.

After a couple of rides we headed out of Epcot and back to our resort for the evening.

Once we got back to POFQ we relaxed for a bit and tried to decide on dinner. After looking through menus online for a bit we decided on one of our dinner favorites, Captain's Grille.

Now, the decision on how to get there...

We decided to take the bus to Epcot and then walk to Yacht Club. Might as well burn off some serious calories before dinner.

This turned out to be a good move because we worked up an appetite making that walk and it was a gorgeous night to walk through Epcot and I love seeing Epcot at night.

Eventually we arrived at Yacht Club, which is such a gorgeous resort to visit. I love the lobby here. Always have to spin the globe.

We were seated right away and the place was practically empty. Our server came over and started us out with some bread and butter with sea salt.

Rob and I both absolutely love the same entree here. It's one of the rare times where we consistently order the same item and the same thing as each other. The Tagliatelle Pasta with braised short ribs, fennel, cipollini onions, veal jus, shaved parmesan, and seasoned greens.

This is just too good! You have to try this. It is heaven. I love the flavor of this dish and the pasta is so good. The onions in this are fabulous as well. There is so much flavor and it is so filling. We both took a ton of leftovers back to the room with us. Service was good here tonight as usual. We really love dinner here. It is always delicious even when we get something other than the pasta.

After dinner we caught a bus from YC to DS and then walked around and did a little shopping before taking the boat back to POFQ, which was quickly becoming a favorite thing for us to do in the evenings. It's so nice to be on a boat on a beautiful night.

I wanted a sweet with my leftovers, so I stopped at the food court and grabbed a cookie and milk.

This was such a full day! I felt like we did so much on this day and we walked a ton. One of my favorite days of the trip.

Too bad about those croissant doughnuts,they look good,too bad they weren't! Captain's Grill is a favorite of ours as well. We usually get the steak & both love it. I'll have to consider this pasta dish though!! Looks yummy!

Great reviews, we love Casey's, we usually hit it up once a trip.

The snacks at Festival of Arts were a bust for you this day! I am glad you liked your appetizers at RC.

The pasta at Captains Grille always looks so good when I see your reviews, I have to try it one of these trips.

I am looking forward to the boat ride to DS in November when we stay at FQ.

You all most definitely had better luck with the festival of the arts than us. I think we missed all the good booths and you seemed to find them all. We did try and cronuts too and I must tell you even for someone with an adventures palate the chicken mouse one was just plain bad. The other two were definitely much better.

Your meal at Captains Grill looks AWESOME. I have to try that pasta. So right up my alley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter