Price Differing for CBR

PugLover

Mouseketeer
Hey All,

I fee like a Disney Moron, LOL. I have planned trips all around the world and U.S. for DH and I and never have I felt so overwhelmed! I feel very lucky to have stumbled across this board.

DH and I are first timers (well, we havent been to Disney since we have been kids, we are now 28). We want to take advantage of the promo pkg going on. We want to stay at the CBR from 09/07 - 09/14. As per the disneyworld.com site this package will cost 1231.67 for a king bed room (we opted out of travel insurance, will rent the car and get airfare on our own).

I also, just for kicks, priced out a waterview room and the price was exactly the same (this was online). Yesterday I called Disney reservations and the rep said a waterview would be more money. Any idea why the website is pricing it the same? Is it possible to get a waterview AND king bed room? We will need a smoking room so that might limit our options. Do all the rooms at the CBR have a balconey/porch?

I of course want to get the most for my money but would rather channel our budget to food/activities than a view... but if it is the same price I will take it!

Thanks!

All king bedded rooms at CBR are waterview also, hence why you are receiving the same price. There are no balconies or porches at CBR. All of the rooms have outdoor coridors and outer doors(think motel like), meaning their are no inner hallways. They are all public and that could double as a balcony, but there are no furniture or chairs on them. There are public "squares" in each village with tables and chairs for relaxing. If you want a private balcony or patio, you'll have to book one of WDW's deluxe resorts. Here is a picture of the room layout at CBR:

rscarrmlay2thnimg.gif

As you can see the door is located on the outside, and that is a public walkway.

Thank you, Lori.

Guess I will book with the water view to have the king bed. I will assume that is avail. with a smoking room? I understand I can fax in a request for certain buildings 4 days prior to our arrival. If I want the king bed/waterview and smoking room any suggestions for what building to request? I remember reading something about N. Trinidad?

We always get a king bed, just an extra bonus to get the waterview :) We enjoy some private outdoor space when we travel however I can't justify paying the extra money for the deluxe resorts just for a patio.

Thanks Again!

I wouldn't necessarily count on all king beds having waterviews. We stayed at CBR in Jamaica and had a king bed with a courtyard view. Not a drop of water in sight. :)

It depends on what you want to be close to what building to recommend.

If you are looking for a smoking building I suggest you read through the FAQ's because someone else responded to that.

I also have pictures up on my web site of CBR.

I have to disagree with the statement that all king bed rooms are waterview rooms.

There are three room categories at Disney's Moderate resorts:
Standard View Room (2 double beds)
Water View Room (2 double beds)
King Bed Room (non-designated view &, obviously, 1 king bed)

The rate for water view rooms and king bed rooms are always the same, with the standard view rooms being a little less expensive than the other two room types.

King bed rooms are non-designated view which means your view could be of the water, a courtyard/garden, or a parking lot.

If the king bed is most important, then specifically book the king bed room & then make a request for a water view. While your request won't be guaranteed, they will try to accomodate it. Also, be sure to request smoking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter