Price drop for Thanksgiving turkeys

misskitkat

Earning My Ears
Hello,
Does any one know when the price of Thanksgiving turkeys drops to under a $1 per pound? I always wait to get a turkey when the price is super low but due to a prior commitment for a family member I am considering moving my feast earlier, maybe even two weekends before Thanksgiving. Accounting for defrosting time I think I may have to buy before the good sales or just not have that family member there.

Thanks!

Hello,
Does any one know when the price of Thanksgiving turkeys drops to under a $1 per pound? I always wait to get a turkey when the price is super low but due to a prior commitment for a family member I am considering moving my feast earlier, maybe even two weekends before Thanksgiving. Accounting for defrosting time I think I may have to buy before the good sales or just not have that family member there.

Thanks!

Not sure when they do but depending on the size you may find a deal on a fresh unfrozen bird. I've seen them on sale further out from thanksgiving than makes sense for a fresh bird to me. I'd start watching the ads for all your local stores around halloween.

In my part of the world it's around 2 Sundays before Thanksgiving. Nov 11 would be the time frame to look.

Well my family is picky they only want the thighs and legs for them its more flavorful and moist. So if I buy a whole turkey the breast meat gets made into chicken salad that I will eat, and I have to buy extra thighs to cook along side of the whole turkey... so it just depends on how many I will have. Publix had fresh turkey piece's on sale a few weeks ago... So I did picked up a couple of packs of thighs for a good price, and tucked them away in the freezer. DH and I eat turkey like once a month.

I have started seeing some sale's at other stores already, while its not front and center on the sale ad, I would start looking around now. If you have room in your freezer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter