Price Increase on Palo and Remy

I was planning my excursions and dining activities for my upcoming cruise, on the Wonder in March, and was surprised to see that the cost of dining at Palo has increased by $10 pp, up to $40 pp. I last sailed in October of 2018 on the Fantasy and paid $30 pp for Palo Brunch and also $30 for the Palo dinner (IMO, both worth the $30 price). Remy was $60 for brunch now $75 pp and dinner was $95 pp up to $125 pp. Is the price for Brunch and or Dinner worth the extra money now? I would have to say for the brunch I would likely pay the $40 pp at Palo this upcoming cruise; for dinner, I don't know (I am because I am celebrating a birthday).

So what do others think; Is Palo still worth it at $40 pp when the meals in the MDR are included?
And is Remy worth $75 pp brunch and $125 pp dinner?

Outrageously expensive when you consider the cost of the meal you're forfeiting from the MDR

That said - can't argue with the laws of economics, supply & demand will always have a bearing on pricing

We don't really consider ourselves foodies, so unless we end up onboard for a very special occasion, we probably will choose a different type of experience to spend that extra cost on. For some, I'm sure it's worth it.

I go because I am platinum and it’s a perk. I think pricey when you add in tip...plus you are still tipping for an MDR that you aren’t at.

We are just back from the Magic and had a Palo Brunch. With the price increase, both DD and I agree not to have any Palo until we are Platinum. It’s not value for money to us anymore!

I go because I am platinum and it’s a perk. I think pricey when you add in tip...plus you are still tipping for an MDR that you aren’t at.

The gratuity to your MDR servers also covers breakfast and lunch each day. It's not just dinner. Because even if your particular servers aren't serving you, they are serving someone else, and someone else's are serving you be it in the buffet or the MDR.

We have done Palo the last three cruises as our "date" (brunch). I am reconsidering for our trip in Oct. 60.00 was a nice splurge since we aren't big drinkers but between the increased cost, our longer cruise length this time, and the shows not having quiet as much appeal I think we will have the chance to find a different "date".

We are planning Dinner and Brunch at Palo on our upcoming Eastern. And would probably do so on 7 night cruises. However we’ve done Remy on the Dream once for dinner and honestly at the old price point it was one and done. When the upcharge on top of the excellent meal you’ve already paid for in the main dining room is more than the Napa Rose chefs counter or dinner at Club 33, Remy will be a hard pass on future cruises. Plus, I have to start to save my dining $$ to see what overpriced dining options will exist on the new ships; you know we all will want to try. :).

I'm wondering how long before Palo is no longer a Platinum perk. There are, naturally more platinums every year and with the price increase, there could be fewer paying diners in the future. Also, brunch seems to book up before new cruisers, aka paying cruisers can get a time.

The brunch price would be okay if it were for a special occasion...but that is way too much to spend on dinner. I would rather use the money for an excursion at one of the ports.

With the conversion, it's becoming a bit expensive (56$ CAD). On land, I can get a great meal at a restaurant for that price. Since it's an extra charge, I don't feel like it's a good value anymore.

And although I loved Remy (best meals of my life), I wouldn't do it at 125$/pp!

We're doing Palo for $40 on our upcoming cruise, since we only cruise every 2-5+ years (2 being once, 5+ being the other 4 times), odds are it's our last Palo. I don't think the food in Palo is that much better than the MDR and at $80 plus tip, any additional increases likely surpasses the value of forgone paid dining plus cost of Palo. And $125 for Remy is a non-starter. I don't spend that much at signature restaurants in Disney or elsewhere unless we went on a nice wine binge.

Palo brunch is still on my potential list to do, not so much dinner, but only because I don't want to have dinner without my kids. It's one of those things for me where if we do it, I'm going to try not to think too hard about the cost.... much like sailing on DCL itself, sometimes it's hard to justify the cost vs. the "what you get" value, however, it's a lovely date afternoon for me and the hubby, eating a relaxing and yummy meal.

Dinner with the kids was also important to us so the time we did Palo dinner we went to the MDR as a family and just had a drink while the kids ate. They’re fast and went to the kids’ clubs as soon as they were done while we went to Palo. We guessed well in the timing and the night we chose to skip the show. (I basically studied recent Navigators and guessed which nights the shows would be and booked Palo for the night my family was willing to skip the show. My plan was to reschedule as soon as we boarded if my guess was wrong but it turned out right.)

Palo brunch is still on my potential list to do, not so much dinner, but only because I don't want to have dinner without my kids. It's one of those things for me where if we do it, I'm going to try not to think too hard about the cost.... much like sailing on DCL itself, sometimes it's hard to justify the cost vs. the "what you get" value, however, it's a lovely date afternoon for me and the hubby, eating a relaxing and yummy meal.

We are platinum so we get it for the cost of the tip. I don't believe it is worth $40 + tip. We have done brunch on the Dream and Wonder and the Wonder is definitely not worth $40. I'm not sure it was worth $30. The Dream was ok at $30, but I'd never pay the increase.

I'm wondering how long before Palo is no longer a Platinum perk. There are, naturally more platinums every year and with the price increase, there could be fewer paying diners in the future. Also, brunch seems to book up before new cruisers, aka paying cruisers can get a time.

On our last cruise I was wondering this too. If they can still get tons of people willing to pay $40, there is no reason to give it as a perk to platinum. I think at the very least, they will push platinum to dinner only since brunch is so popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!