Priceline Bids/results

I use PL very frequently and very rarely do I complain about what I get. I did recently use them for naming my on price on Airfare for my trip in Oct. I got round trip for $270 which for me was a great rate. I am flying Delta but I am getting a day earlier then I had planned because I was hoping for a red eye flight. I went on and booked a hotel for the extra night before going to my Disney resort and got Legacy Vacation Club. I know noting about it at all and it does have some negative reviews but I go it for $40 and it says the resort fee is $3.99. I can't really complain because after traveling all day I just want a pool to swim in and a pillow to rest my head before my 9 days at Disney begins. I will continue to endorse Priceline services because I have gotten some amazing deals in Las Vegas and other locations.

We won Dolphin by bidding on in Lake Buena Visit for one night: March 18, 2015 -- price was $90. Though that didn't include taxes OR the resort fee to allow us to park. All in, it was closer to $140/night. It was great being on property and a good deal for Dolphin, BUT we were doing something cheap and it was a $50 difference between what we wanted to pay and actually pay. Downfall of bidding, I suppose.

D
Not Priceline but Disney resorts do show up on Hotwire Hot Rates. Disney Bonnet Creek area with airport shuttle, that'll be a Disney resort.
Which Disney resorts did you book using hotwire hot rates? Do you have a link to a help site confirming this?

AFAIK Disney operated hotels don't participate with any opaque booking site

D

Which Disney resorts did you book using hotwire hot rates? Do you have a link to a help site confirming this?

AFAIK Disney operated hotels don't participate with any opaque booking site

Sorry for the late reply; I was actually away at WDW for a big stretch back then. I booked one night, got SSR studio which worked out fine as it book ended our week in a 1 br at SSR. I could have gotten a better rate elsewhere but I had a Hotwire credit so I gave it a shot and I was happy. You read the listings and it's pretty obvious those are Disney resorts.

Sorry for the late reply; I was actually away at WDW for a big stretch back then. I booked one night, got SSR studio which worked out fine as it book ended our week in a 1 br at SSR. I could have gotten a better rate elsewhere but I had a Hotwire credit so I gave it a shot and I was happy. You read the listings and it's pretty obvious those are Disney resorts.

Was that bidding or an express deal?

Recently booked a Priceline Express Deal for Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel in DS for $50/night. On top of that, they charge a $79 resort fee per stay. In total, it works out to about $65/night.

Recently booked a Priceline Express Deal for Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel in DS for $50/night. On top of that, they charge a $79 resort fee per stay. In total, it works out to about $65/night.
Sounds like you got a good deal! Does this Best Western include breakfast like all the other ones do?

That's so strange? I've never stayed in a Best Western that did not include breakfast. Will you have a fridge & microwave?

Agreed. I wish they had it. They do have a rate on Mousesavers that is about $100/night that does include a continental breakfast.

The website says that all rooms have refrigerators, but it looks like not all of the rooms have microwaves as some of the upgraded rooms mention having a microwave in the description of the room.

Honestly, it seems like they really nickel and dime you at this BW. They charge a resort fee, don't have free breakfast, and charge for parking. That being said, it works perfectly for me since I don't have a car and don't plan on spending much time in the room. Breakfast would have been really nice, but I will get breakfast foods myself to save on that.

Honestly, it seems like they really nickel and dime you at this BW. They charge a resort fee, don't have free breakfast, and charge for parking. That being said, it works perfectly for me since I don't have a car and don't plan on spending much time in the room. Breakfast would have been really nice, but I will get breakfast foods myself to save on that.
Ugh. I hate that kind of thing :headache:. What star level was your hotel on Express Deals?

Guess not. First time to try to bid or ? wondering if there's any difference between PL and HWire. Booking more dates for WDW June. :))

No dedicated thread for Disney hotels with Priceline or Hotwire that I know of anyway. I've used both Priceline and Hotwire several times, but Priceline is definitely the preferred for us. You can bid or use the express deal to have a bit more control. We often book the Red Lion hotel which is just outside WDW. If on a budget, it can save you a lot of money. In mid May, we stayed at the Red Lion for $38 a night with express deals via Priceline. I've never actually booked a Disney owned hotel with Priceline before. Good luck!

Just letting you all know I got the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort $60 night for 4 nights. By the time they add the hotel fee and Priceline fees and taxes, my amount per night will be about $81 per night total. The Sheraton is a 4* and is a nice hotel with a good location to Disney. My dates are 4 nights April 14,15,16,17, 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!