Priceline Bids/results

WOW, that is a win! :dancer:

They are not on Disney property but adjacent to it on a large parcel called Bonnet Creek that is being subdivided. Hilton and Waldorf are both Hilton resorts on the same parcel side by side. To get to them you have to drive on to Disney property (the land is boxed in by Disney and highways).

The property includes ...
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek ... Resort (Timeshare/condo) and Grand Hotel which share amenities
- Hilton and Waldorf Astoria Hotels which share amenities
- Golf Course
- Currently building a Marriott Hotel
- Land to expand

These are two hotels with conference area in middle. Hilton to left, Waldorf to right.

bonnet-creek-resort-1.jpg

5_Stat_1_15_18_1.png
Your reply says "Wyndham Bonnet Creek" but the picture and diagram say "Hilton Bonnet Creek" - they're not the same, right?

Your reply says "Wyndham Bonnet Creek" but the picture and diagram say "Hilton Bonnet Creek" - they're not the same, right?

The PP I was responding to was asking if the two hotels, Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria were on the same property. They were looking for a property that was in the Bonnet Creek Area.

My response was to list what properties are located on the Bonnet Creek land/parcels/area. So my list, which includes the Wyndhams, is all the brands and amenities located in Bonnet Creek to differentiate it is all not the same brand. Bonnet Creek, as it is referred to, has Wyndhams, Hiltons and soon a Marriott.

The photo and map are of the Hilton and Waldorf that he was asking about, to show they are connected and on the same sub-parcel.

Last edited:
The PP I was responding to was asking if the two hotels, Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria were on the same property. They were looking for a property that was in the Bonnet Creek Area.

My response was to list what properties are located on the Bonnet Creek land/parcels/area. So my list, which includes the Wyndhams, is all the brands and amenities located in Bonnet Creek do differentiate it is all not the same brand. Bonnet Creek, as it is referred to, has Wyndhams, Hiltons and soon a Marriott.

The photo and map are of the Hilton and Waldorf that he was asking about, to show they are connected and on the same sub-parcel.

Got it! Thank you!

Hey DISer's :)

Asking for some inside advice. We will be traveling to Orlando tomorrow for my kids cheerleading competition. We will be staying in a house with a few other families in the Windsor Westside development until Mon the 7th. At that time the other families are ending their trips but we are staying until Wed the 9th.
I've used Hotwire hot rates with some good deals in the past, just wondering what me best strategy should be. Waiting until closer to the day, then booking? Hotwire vs Priceline? Is name your price a thing anymore? The best deal I've seen lately on hotwire is $86 for the 4 star, is that a good deal?
Usually I'm a planner and don't like to wait for the last minute but I figured this time it is only 2 days and I might find something great, right? Thanks in advance for any insight!

guera, I think you are already in the closest booking window I'd want to be in for getting that kind of deal. I've found in the past that too close and the deals can actually get worse.

Hey DISer's :)

Asking for some inside advice. We will be traveling to Orlando tomorrow for my kids cheerleading competition. We will be staying in a house with a few other families in the Windsor Westside development until Mon the 7th. At that time the other families are ending their trips but we are staying until Wed the 9th.
I've used Hotwire hot rates with some good deals in the past, just wondering what me best strategy should be. Waiting until closer to the day, then booking? Hotwire vs Priceline? Is name your price a thing anymore? The best deal I've seen lately on hotwire is $86 for the 4 star, is that a good deal?
Usually I'm a planner and don't like to wait for the last minute but I figured this time it is only 2 days and I might find something great, right? Thanks in advance for any insight!
There are some not so great 4 star hotels but it is probably at least a fair price, it just depends on which hotel. I have seen Hotwire recently showing a choice of 4 hotels that a deal could be but you have to click on it - did they have that on the page for the $86 hotel? Also, try betterbidding dot com, they are good about figuring out hotels or at least narrowing it down for you. Other things to consider as far as value are resort fees, parking fees, proxity, etc... I recently booked a 4 star hotel, the B Resort with Mousesavers for 111, with the resort fee waved. It gets good reviews, etc and so I feel that is a good deal. Your $86 might have a 30 dollar or so resort fee and so would cost about the same as the B Resort I got, though if I were you, I would want to know which hotel it is first.

Name your own price on Priceline is still a thing, I've never done it though.

I have no insight to the best window to get the best deal. I asked a moderator on betterbidding dot com that once and he told me there was no best time but I would think there would be a predictable window when there are the best deals.

There are some not so great 4 star hotels but it is probably at least a fair price, it just depends on which hotel. I have seen Hotwire recently showing a choice of 4 hotels that a deal could be but you have to click on it - did they have that on the page for the $86 hotel? Also, try betterbidding dot com, they are good about figuring out hotels or at least narrowing it down for you. Other things to consider as far as value are resort fees, parking fees, proxity, etc... I recently booked a 4 star hotel, the B Resort with Mousesavers for 111, with the resort fee waved. It gets good reviews, etc and so I feel that is a good deal. Your $86 might have a 30 dollar or so resort fee and so would cost about the same as the B Resort I got, though if I were you, I would want to know which hotel it is first.

Just curious: how did you get the resort fee waived?? Thanks!

Just curious: how did you get the resort fee waived?? Thanks!
robinb is correct, I got a deal through mousesavers. I think that promo isn't active right now but they have others and from what I can gather they run the B resort deal off and on. right now they have a new deal for Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas and Villages though I don't think those properties offer the same Disney perks as the B does. Check out Mousesavers if you haven't already, the rates they offer are really great.

edit to add: you might have to receive their email/newsletter to access all their offers. edit #2: actually I don't think you do, but receiving the email lets you know what the new specials are so that you don't have to click on each property.

Last edited:
robinb is correct, I got a deal through mousesavers. I think that promo isn't active right now but they have others and from what I can gather they run the B resort deal off and on. right now they have a new deal for Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas and Villages though I don't think those properties offer the same Disney perks as the B does. Check out Mousesavers if you haven't already, the rates they offer are really great.

edit to add: you might have to receive their email/newsletter to access all their offers. edit #2: actually I don't think you do, but receiving the email lets you know what the new specials are so that you don't have to click on each property.

thanks!

Just looking in to a few days in July .... comparing values to some offsite as this is literally a bed/bath ... but DS1 loves Disney.

Came across B Resort on Orbitz with GREAT RATES. All is available from $69-92 a night and that $92 is a suite. Of course you have to add parking and fees but even with that my rate for the suite in the tower is the same cost as a room at AllStar Sports. UGH.

Just looking in to a few days in July .... comparing values to some offsite as this is literally a bed/bath ... but DS1 loves Disney.

Came across B Resort on Orbitz with GREAT RATES. All is available from $69-92 a night and that $92 is a suite. Of course you have to add parking and fees but even with that my rate for the suite in the tower is the same cost as a room at AllStar Sports. UGH.
I found an opaque booking for B resort for 61 a night for some nights in June. Am nearly 100% sure it is the B resort.

hotels dot com had B Resort refundable ("captivating" level) for $69/night today (non-ref "chic" was $59!).

(June 16-21)

officially grabbed that for my first ever solo! :dogdance:
Did you check Orbitz? They may have a refundable room a little less than hotels dot com if you prepay and use the 15% off code (SPRINGTIME). Thanks to HopperFan I checked out Orbitz for the B resort for my dates in June and got a slightly better deal than mouse savers had. I looked at Hotels dot com and for my dates Orbitz was a little less using the code also.

Thanks HopperFan for the tip! I rebooked with Orbitz for the B resort for my June dates using the 15% off code and beat the Mouse Savers rate.

Did you check Orbitz? They may have a refundable room a little less than hotels dot com if you prepay and use the 15% off code (SPRINGTIME). Thanks to HopperFan I checked out Orbitz for the B resort for my dates in June and got a slightly better deal than mouse savers had. I looked at Hotels dot com and for my dates Orbitz was a little less using the code also.

I did, thanks! maybe I missed it, because it was showing about $104 for me- but thanks for the tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!