Priceline Bids/results

MarBee

DIS Veteran
I would be hesitant to do that because you could get ANY 4* in the Bonnet Creek area when you bid. I would pay a bit more and more certain using Priceline Express and Hotel Canary.
I’ve never even attempted the NYOP tool, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but could you guaranteed Swan by bidding on a 4.5 star hotel in Bonnet Creek?

robinb

DIS veteran
I’ve never even attempted the NYOP tool, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but could you guaranteed Swan by bidding on a 4.5 star hotel in Bonnet Creek?
No. You could possibly be upgraded to a 5* since you're really bidding 4.5* or above. Of course, those 5*'s are pretty good. If you bid on a 4* there are many others that can come up too.

PrincessNelly

DIS Veteran
I would be hesitant to do that because you could get ANY 4* in the Bonnet Creek area when you bid. I would pay a bit more and more certain using Priceline Express and Hotel Canary.
It's showing 4.5 star, is there another 4.5 star resort in the bonnet creek area?

• Dreams Villas of Orlando - 4-Bedroom Villa from $99 per night!*
    4-bedroom/3 bathroom villas sleeps up to 10 people. Fully equipped and beautifully appointed each villa includes FREE Wireless High Speed Internet, televisions in each bedroom, over 50 Disney DVD's, crib/pack-n-play, complimentary membership to Sam's Discount Shopping Club plus much, much, more!!
    *7 night minimum required. 4-Bedroom Villas from $99/night (plus tax). 1-877-VILLA-01 (877-845-5201)
    SEE PRICING AND AVAILABILITY

• PrincessNelly

DIS Veteran
    No. You could possibly be upgraded to a 5* since you're really bidding 4.5* or above. Of course, those 5*'s are pretty good. If you bid on a 4* there are many others that can come up too.
    Do the resort fees matter? Is there ever a chance where you end up at a resort with higher resort fees than shown? It seems to show the Swan/Dolphin fees when selecting 4.5 stars.

The two 5 star resorts have higher fees

robinb

DIS veteran
    Do the resort fees matter? Is there ever a chance where you end up at a resort with higher resort fees than shown? It seems to show the Swan/Dolphin fees when selecting 4.5 stars.

The two 5 star resorts have higher fees
    The resort fees are beside the point. IIRC they do not disclose resort fees in the NYOP tool until you already booked the hotel. In any case, you can still be upgraded to a 5* hotel. Now, they're both very nice but if you have your heart set on the Swan you are NOT guaranteed to get it. You do have a pretty good chance to get the Swan if it's available on both the regular booking tool and the the Express booking tools.

If you're going to do it, brush up on rebidding using areas without 4.5* or 5* hotels.

PrincessNelly

DIS Veteran
    The resort fees are beside the point. IIRC they do not disclose resort fees in the NYOP tool until you already booked the hotel. In any case, you can still be upgraded to a 5* hotel. Now, they're both very nice but if you have your heart set on the Swan you are NOT guaranteed to get it. You do have a pretty good chance to get the Swan if it's available on both the regular booking tool and the the Express booking tools.

If you're going to do it, brush up on rebidding using areas without 4.5* or 5* hotels.
    This is just an example but it does show a resort fee in the NYOP tool and it says the cost will not exceed the total shown even though the fees are an estimate.

I'm okay with not getting the Swan or Dolphin. I am just trying to understand how name your own price works. Thank you

Attachments

robinb

DIS veteran
    This is just an example but it does show a resort fee in the NYOP tool and it says the cost will not exceed the total shown even though the fees are an estimate.

I'm okay with not getting the Swan or Dolphin. I am just trying to understand how name your own price works. Thank you
    Thanks, that's new. I have not bid the NYOP in years but I used to be a moderator on a website that specialized in PL bidding.

Read this for an explanation of how to bid:

• PrincessNelly

DIS Veteran
    Thanks, that's new. I have not bid the NYOP in years but I used to be a moderator on a website that specialized in PL bidding.

Read this for an explanation of how to bid:
    Thank you

babyruth

for the first time in forever
    Well this thread was my late night reading last night lol. So if I understand the strategy correctly I should book whatever Disney resort that we’d like to stay at through them, book my fast passes, install hotel canary, then 4/6 weeks before our stay start checking to see if we can get a better rate and if so add the reservation to MDE before canceling the original?

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
    Well this thread was my late night reading last night lol. So if I understand the strategy correctly I should book whatever Disney resort that we’d like to stay at through them, book my fast passes, install hotel canary, then 4/6 weeks before our stay start checking to see if we can get a better rate and if so add the reservation to MDE before canceling the original?
    Accurate summary! I wonder if we should just make this the sticky on the first page of the thread!

Rich M

DIS Veteran
    I need one day before my Disney World reservation kicks in on Dec 8th. So I am looking for Dec 7th. When does everyone recommend I start looking for a possible Dec 7th deal?

• Scalemaster34

°O° + °Õ° = °õ° & °õ° & °õ° & °o°
    I need one day before my Disney World reservation kicks in on Dec 8th. So I am looking for Dec 7th. When does everyone recommend I start looking for a possible Dec 7th deal?
    Generally it's 4 - 6 weeks out.... but doesn't hurt to look sooner for deals.

It's all based on availability.... your one issue might be with the Rise of Resistance attraction opening around that time.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates