Priceline Bids/results

Click on "map," and then look under details:

View attachment 340364

I originally had POFQ booked these dates under a bounceback and had to cancel. This would have been an awesome rate!

I looked under map and details and it doesn't give the keywords only the text underneath. Has priceline changed or am I still missing something?

I got the B Resort, Disney Springs, 1/20/1/23 for $61 per night not including resort fee and taxes on Hotwire. Four Stars, Disney Springs area.

Question on a Priceline deal I saw:

Express deal for "MainGate West" area (the area around 192 just west of World Drive) ... a THREE star hotel for only $34 night on a a Saturday night near end of March.

That seems to good to be true? What sort of "3-star" hotels are in that area and why would one of them be willing to sell a night for cheaper than you can find most roach motels?

I don't know the 3-star hotels in that area, but doesn't seem like it would be many:

What makes a hotel 3-stars in the Orlando area? I am used to a 3-star hotel being like a Courtyard Marriot or something like that and seems "to good to be true" to be able to get a 3-star hotel.

At that price .. you'd figure it would be one VERY specific hotel. Any idea which that may be? There seems to be 16 "3-star" hotels in the Maingate West area according to Priceline.

Question on a Priceline deal I saw:

Express deal for "MainGate West" area (the area around 192 just west of World Drive) ... a THREE star hotel for only $34 night on a a Saturday night near end of March.

That seems to good to be true? What sort of "3-star" hotels are in that area and why would one of them be willing to sell a night for cheaper than you can find most roach motels?

I don't know the 3-star hotels in that area, but doesn't seem like it would be many:

What makes a hotel 3-stars in the Orlando area? I am used to a 3-star hotel being like a Courtyard Marriot or something like that and seems "to good to be true" to be able to get a 3-star hotel.

At that price .. you'd figure it would be one VERY specific hotel. Any idea which that may be? There seems to be 16 "3-star" hotels in the Maingate West area according to Priceline.
It may be the Red Lion hotel on 192. I consider it a hidden gem. It's in that area, and it's a 3 star hotel. The hotel may not be much to look at, but the rooms were recently renovated and are very well appointed. Keurigs in each room, comfortable beds, etc... If it's that hotel, this is a great deal. We have stayed there about 5 times over the years (when on a budget and not wanting to stay on property), and we've always been pleased. You can't get much closer to being onsite!

It may be the Red Lion hotel on 192. I consider it a hidden gem. It's in that area, and it's a 3 star hotel. The hotel may not be much to look at, but the rooms were recently renovated and are very well appointed. Keurigs in each room, comfortable beds, etc... If it's that hotel, this is a great deal. We have stayed there about 5 times over the years (when on a budget and not wanting to stay on property), and we've always been pleased. You can't get much closer to being onsite!
Thanks. After looking, that seems it may be the case. I am not too picky as long as the hotel isn't "seedy" or a "roach motel" .. which seems unlikely if it is categorized as 3 stars.

I may go for it since I am just looking for 1-night stay before going on property -- but if the quality and price of these hotels are pretty decent, I may reconsider staying onsite for the next trip.

I'm sort of new to Priceline. I've been using Express Deals to book short trips around me, but now looking into using it for a Labor Day Disney trip. With the release of the Disney sale yesterday, Yacht Club is only about $30 more than the Dolphin so I've been stalking to see if the Dolphin pops up cheaper as an Express Deal. I've been trying to do some research about the "Name Your Own Price" thing on Priceline. Has anyone got the Swan or Dolphin by bidding on a 4.5 star in the Bonnet Creek area? I'm nervous I'll get "upgraded" to the 5 star Waldrof Astoria. We just want to be in the Epcot area.
I really have had luck using betterbidder website everthing they have decided has been right

What should I look for if I want to find an Express Deal for Swan or Dolphin?

Make sure you're looking in the Bonnet Creek area. 4 Stars on Hotwire, though on Priceline it looks like they classify Dolphin as 4-stars and Swan as 4.5 stars (not sure if this carries over to blind booking). Resort fee of $34 (might say $33 but it rounds up to $34). A give away for Dolphin is the double beds; all other 4-star hotels in this area will be at least queens.

The closest in terms of amenities are Wyndham Grand and Hilton, so looking at resort fees will help. Wyndham Grand has a $36 resort fee, and the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek has a whopping $45 resort fee.

It appears Priceline does not allow a search to include more than 2 per room - I want to be sure before I buy a room so that a family with kids will be forced to buy a second room (if available) in the event that a mistake is made. I believe Hotwire allows this feature in its search but I don't see it on Priceline. Am I just missing something?

It appears Priceline does not allow a search to include more than 2 per room - I want to be sure before I buy a room so that a family with kids will be forced to buy a second room (if available) in the event that a mistake is made. I believe Hotwire allows this feature in its search but I don't see it on Priceline. Am I just missing something?

Not missing anything. Priceline does 2-person occupancy max. Now, it's likely that the room will come with the standard 4-person occupancy, but it's not guaranteed. Usually rooms with two double (or queen) beds are more common than king beds, so the chances are good that a family of 4 will be accommodate without problem. If you need the peace of mind, though, use hotwire or book a known (not obscured) hotel.

According to http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com/hotelinventory/priceline/fl/orlando, the Dolphin Resort is 4 1/2 stars on Priceline Express Deal. It has the following amenities: Business Center, Restaurant, Free Internet, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities. It is rare that Swan or Dolphin come up on Priceline.

If you go to priceline Dolphin is 4 stars and the Swan is 4.5. For quick access to priceline listings for Disney resorts including the Swan and dolphin use JJT's website. There you can enter dates to look for PE deals for Bonnet Creek and Disney Springs and if you scroll down he has links for all the Disney hotels. His site makes searching for this info fast. I actually think that the Swan and Dolphin come up as a PE deal more often than many other Disney hotels, but I don't have any stats to back that up. If anyone cares too, besides postings here you can look at old blog posts by JJT on the touringplans blog to see what deals he has found in the past to get an idea of what has been offered. Sadly I think Disney PE deals are going to dry up for awhile but I hope not

Not missing anything. Priceline does 2-person occupancy max. Now, it's likely that the room will come with the standard 4-person occupancy, but it's not guaranteed. Usually rooms with two double (or queen) beds are more common than king beds, so the chances are good that a family of 4 will be accommodate without problem. If you need the peace of mind, though, use hotwire or book a known (not obscured) hotel.
Yeah thats what I thought, thanks. Guess I'll have to stick with Hotwire to be safe. Honestly it's a shame because I would like to use priceline, but I don't know why they won't at least let someone know the # of guest options?

Just curious if anyone has ever gotten the Swan/Dolphin via "name your own price"?
I would be hesitant to do that because you could get ANY 4* in the Bonnet Creek area when you bid. I would pay a bit more and more certain using Priceline Express and Hotel Canary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!