Priceline Club Room Deals

hezell123

Mouseketeer
This is to inform and WARN so be sure to read before you book.
(this is not an express deal or name your own price....it's just a regular booking)

So Priceline has amazing deals on Club rooms right now. In fact, for RPR, the club rooms are cheaper than regular rooms. I'm paying $209/nt in January for each of my 2 queen club rooms.
HRH also has club room prices that are only a few more dollars than a regular room. My dates in January are $249/nt for club room at HRH. Many other dates have the same deals on these club rooms.
TIP: to get this rate, you have to put only 2 adults in the room and then add the kids by calling the resort. Priceline doesn't know how to not charge for kids.

HOWEVER, after I made the booking, I noticed that it was for only a regular queen room (not the club). I've called and chatted with Priceline and they say they will get it changed to what I booked. But I'm giving it a 50/50 chance it gets fixed. The rooms are still available at the same rate on their website so I don't know if it's a pricing mistake or not.

Anyone else book this deal and have any issues?524397

I expect a resolution by Tuesday. I'm giving them some grace due to the Holiday, but it's been a week with no change yet.

If you book this deal, make sure it says CLUB in your confirmation. They would not honor the Club room so I had them refund my money.

I actually used the Priceline price for an adjustment to my Hotels.Com booking. Hell of a deal.

That was smart Bob. Wish I would have thought of that. I'm now trying the deal Priceline had with Hard Rock Hotel Club for $250. Just thought I'd see if I could get HRH to accept the deal. Still in limbo. I think they've updated both hotels now so the price match won't work at the moment. Well played.

UPDATE to the second try...

So Priceline is now honoring my $250 HRH Club rooms....sorta.

I've got to pay HRH an upgrade charge of about $1200 (From the regular queen rooms to club queen rooms). Once I pay the upgrade, I am to send the receipt to Priceline and they will refund me the upcharge.

A couple of issues I have: Wondering how this will affect my cancelation options. Right now, I can cancel up to 6 days before arrival. Also, I'm hoping APA rates for January come out next week (Oct 1st-ish?). If RPH has the $179ish AP rates, I may prefer to save the money.

Has anyone had luck getting a good deal on a Universal hotel in the Express deals through Hotwire or Priceline? I have done it for Disney resorts.

Hotwire had Royal Pacific for $202/nt for my dates in January.

There are usually coupons for both out there as well.

I always get 5% off using the Better Bidding coupon (just google for the website) for Priceline regular hotels. For express deals, there is usually 10-12% off coupons.

This usually covers the "extra fees" these companies add-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter