Priceline Express Deals

I cancelled a Priceline reservation at YC a few weeks ago. It was super easy to do through Priceline’s website/app. No phone calls necessary. Like you, I noticed the AP discount rate was essentially the same price. Less if I pay with discounted Disney gift cards. Priceline refunded my credit card in, IIRC, about 3 days.

With all things being equal, I feel more comfortable booking directly with Disney. I figured why have a middleman if there is no benefit? Throw in the opportunity to pay with discounted Disney gift cards and it was an easy choice for me.
Precisely my thoughts on the gift cards and middle man as well! Thank you!

I’ve typically found it to be much easier to cancel a refundable booking via PL than one booked direct with Disney. Mainly because as noted above with PL you can do it at the tap of a button while Disney requires a phone call to a toll number. Making that call from Canada and being on hold for 10 + minutes can really suck. Hard to believe that Disney has not automated this process.

I’ve typically found it to be much easier to cancel a refundable booking via PL than one booked direct with Disney. Mainly because as noted above with PL you can do it at the tap of a button while Disney requires a phone call to a toll number. Making that call from Canada and being on hold for 10 + minutes can really suck. Hard to believe that Disney has not automated this process.

I absolutely agree! Calling Disney for anything is an ordeal. I have to call to cancel a harmony barbershop appt and I've been putting it off because it is such a pain in the butt!

If I booked a deal, I would need to call Disney wholesale to add occupants. How does the additional pp adult charge work? I would be adding two. How do you cancel the deal. Details show its nonrefundable, at least from what I see. Thanks.

Last edited:

If I booked a deal, I would need to call Disney wholesale to add occupants. How does the additional pp adult charge work? I would be adding two. How do you cancel the deal. Details show its nonrefundable, at least from what I see. Thanks.

I believe they would charge Priceline, who would then charge the card you booked the room with. RE: canceling - do you mean if you want to cancel your trip? The Express deals are completely nonrefundable, so if you booked that way you would lose the money you paid for the trip (no Priceline credits, no money back). Priceline cannot modify express deals (which is why you have to call Disney to make changes) and while Disney should be able to cancel your reservation, the money would be lost.

I've cancelled many Disney reservations without calling.

Priceline experts: We're looking for Sept 7-13... I've noticed quite a few Disney hotels disappearing from Priceline (POR, POFQ, AOA, All-Stars) over the last couple of days... Would you expect to see them again or did we miss our chance at some of these? I didn't mention hotwire as the prices there were higher to begin win.

I've been hoping that the rumored crowd bounce due to SWGE was exaggerated but now I am being to think that it might actually happen :(

I was just able to book 7/3-7/8 PL Express deal, $77 a night. Booked with a 10% off, PL emailed me - had to book through the app. $426 total for 5 nights - got Pop Century standard room. Also went through Ebates to get back 6%. So happy with that deal!
Please share details of listing.
What did hotel canary say (if you used to before placing the order)
Thanks!

Please share details of listing.
What did hotel canary say (if you used to before placing the order)
Thanks!
A few days ago, when I saw a 3 star Bonnet Creek hotel PE deal for those dates and for 77 a night, HC guessed 3 resorts, all Disney - either AoA, POP or Sports. I didn't book it so can't confirm but pretty sure it would have been POP since that is what others are reporting for that time period and price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts