Priceline Express Deals

Answering my own question here in case it helps anyone else. According to Better Bidding resort fees are not a good way to pin down a hotel because and I quote BB (bolding mine)

"Regarding the Resort Fees when bidding on PRICELINE...

The resort fee shown (if any) is the hotel in the zone of the star rating you're bidding with the highest resort fee, so PRICELINE is basically showing you a 'worst case scenario'... the hotel you ultimately win may charge no resort fee at all (at which point there would be no resort fee to directly pay the hotel), the resort fee could be less (in which case you pay the lesser amount directly to the hotel), or it could be the amount shown (but never more)."

I'm guessing Hot wire no longer sells Disney resorts? Tried to get a hot rate for this weekend and not one Disney resort came up. Orbitz and Expedia both has Disney still listed.

I'm guessing Hot wire no longer sells Disney resorts? Tried to get a hot rate for this weekend and not one Disney resort came up. Orbitz and Expedia both has Disney still listed.

It is hit or miss. I saw pofq for a short 2 night May stay just last week.

ETA: it is harder to narrow now that free parking doesn’t apply.

Been looking at HW and PL. Found what I believe is Cornado Springs but it does not say airport shuttle? Could Disney be making them hide this now since it is a give away?

Been looking at HW and PL. Found what I believe is Cornado Springs but it does not say airport shuttle? Could Disney be making them hide this now since it is a give away?
Did you try better bidding dot com to help you figure it out. They are usually correct. Another thing you could try also is to see how much PL has Cornado listed under the normal listings, look at the full price (not sale price if there is one) and see if the percent off listed for the express deal matches the difference between the regular listing and the express deal listing. For example if hotel A has a list/ full price of 200 and the express deal says 100 and 50% off, then that express deal could be hotel A. Hope that makes sense.

Editing to add: I am not sure if this works for Hotwire - I haven't tried it there. Tried it once for PL and it worked to confirm what Betterbidding had told me.

Last edited:
Just wanted to throw this out there... I was able to book CBR for $109.25/night in June on Priceline. It was cheaper than the All-Stars. We don't mind the construction; so, it's a good deal for us.

That is awesome! What dates if you don't mind me asking?

Question -- on Hotwire I can only select up to 2 children in my party. And Priceline I don't see anywhere to put the kids in at all. There's a lot of hotels out there that don't accommodate a family of 5....and if I don't know what hotel I'm getting ahead of time, not sure how that could work. So am I SOL trying to use these express deal type sites?

Question -- on Hotwire I can only select up to 2 children in my party. And Priceline I don't see anywhere to put the kids in at all. There's a lot of hotels out there that don't accommodate a family of 5....and if I don't know what hotel I'm getting ahead of time, not sure how that could work. So am I SOL trying to use these express deal type sites?

You might be out of luck. Priceline bookings are for double occupancy. You can call Disney to add 2 children, but you may not get a room that can accommodate 5 people. I was able to add our kids for a total of 4 people.

Just wanted to throw this out there... I was able to book CBR for $109.25/night in June on Priceline. It was cheaper than the All-Stars. We don't mind the construction; so, it's a good deal for us.

I am there the same week and would love to switch. I think I found it on Priceline. Do you remember if this was your description on the check out page?
"Numerous pools and lush surroundings are hallmarks of this tropically inspired spot."

I am there the same week and would love to switch. I think I found it on Priceline. Do you remember if this was your description on the check out page?
"Numerous pools and lush surroundings are hallmarks of this tropically inspired spot."

It was $115 a night before the additional discount. I did it on phone and didn't see that description. The primary page says what I copied below.
3.5-Star Hotel
Similar to Hyatt and Hilton
Guest Score: 8+/10
We'll reveal the hotel name and address after you book

*The rate displayed saves you at least 58% versus the published price of a 3.5-star Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek area hotel for the same travel dates.

Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
2 Reasons to Book
discount.svg
EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS!
Instantly save 58% on a 3.5-star hotel in this area
success.svg
FREE AMENITIES
Free Internet is included with your hotel stay
About This Hotel

When you book a 3.5-star Express Deal, you'll get excellent service, some high-end amenities and well-decorated public areas. Our 3.5-star collection includes well-known brands like Doubletree, Hilton, Marriott and Sheraton, as well as similar independent hotels

My checkout page shows:
THIS DEAL SAVES YOU 58%

3.5-Star hotel in the Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek Area
Amenities: Restaurant, Internet, Swimming Pool

Guest Score: 8+

Check In: Tue, Jun 12, 2018
Check Out: Tue, Jun 19, 2018
Rooms: 1 room for 7 nights
Room Rate: $115.00 per room/night
Taxes & Fees: $141.96
Room Total: $946.96

It was $115 a night before the additional discount. I did it on phone and didn't see that description. The primary page says what I copied below.
3.5-Star Hotel
Similar to Hyatt and Hilton
Guest Score: 8+/10
We'll reveal the hotel name and address after you book

*The
Thank you! This helps and I will try to do it on my phone now and see if it matches up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter