Priceline Express Deals

The hotel I work at is down $47K so far - our ski mountains closed yesterday (supposed to close 4/20). Yesterday I personally cancelled (and refunded) 7 PLE and 2 HW reservations - I work 3rd shift and had so many calls at 2/3AM!

I do hope the Dolphin is as generous as we are in allowing cancellations with no fees. I went to the Swan and Dolphin site and it says if you booked through a 3rd party to call them to see what their policy is, but it does say that if you booked a no-cancel reservations directly with the hotel then you can cancel or rebook with no fee. So I am hoping they can just call the hotel and we can get our money back.

I am pretty resigned that we will have to cancel (5/4-13th) now that the CDC recommended 8 weeks, but won't cancel yet since so many people are going before we do it is a bit of a mess. I booked so long ago and was thinking I was an idiot to do so when so many things could happen - this was not one of the scenarios I had envisioned. I was finally beginning to relax :o

I was able to get in touch with hotwire yesterday after being hung up on 3 times. It took about 2 hours. They tried to charge me $60 cancel fee because they could not get through to reach disney. I told them no disney is allowing cancellations and I would hold while the waited to get in touch with disney. Eventually they got an ok from a supervisor and I am getting refunded completely
What time did you call? I’m seeing middle of the night is better, and I don’t mind waiting on hold ... but I keep getting “all circuits are busy” when I call.

What time did you call? I’m seeing middle of the night is better, and I don’t mind waiting on hold ... but I keep getting “all circuits are busy” when I call.
After an hour on hold, I got through to HW. Reservation is gone from HW, still in MDE ... hope refund comes quickly and I have no other updates 😂😂😂

Has anyone canceled a PLE deal? It’s not until July 4th week but I would rather have a ressie directly with Disney that I know I can cancel.

Has anyone canceled a PLE deal? It’s not until July 4th week but I would rather have a ressie directly with Disney that I know I can cancel.
I'm actually researching HW/PLE deals around July 4! I agree...lots of uncertainty. If the resort hotels are closed, obviously we get our $ back. If the hotels are open, but the parks are closed, we may be stuck with it. If everything's open, but we aren't personally comfortable with planes and crowds, that's another thing.

I'm actually researching HW/PLE deals around July 4! I agree...lots of uncertainty. If the resort hotels are closed, obviously we get our $ back. If the hotels are open, but the parks are closed, we may be stuck with it. If everything's open, but we aren't personally comfortable with planes and crowds, that's another thing.
So many variables. o_O

Will Disney cancel the hotel? If they won’t, I’m not sure PL will. The reason HW is canceling now is because hotels are closed.

Priceline now has cancellation online for your hotel if it falls within the window of closed dates at WDW. I don't know how far out they are permitting this. Go to "My Trips" and look at your reservation. There will be a red button at the bottom that says "You may cancel this reservation without penalty". That was not there yesterday. I just cancelled for full refund.

Priceline now has cancellation online for your hotel if it falls within the window of closed dates at WDW. I don't know how far out they are permitting this. Go to "My Trips" and look at your reservation. There will be a red button at the bottom that says "You may cancel this reservation without penalty". That was not there yesterday. I just cancelled for full refund.
Thanks so much for the heads up! I was just able to cancel my Priceline Express Swan reservation which began on April 2, so it wasn't even within the current closure.

Thank you for posting this! I was not looking forward to the wait time for calling in to cancel. My trip was 4/15-4/20 and I was able to cancel it.

Preface this by saying I'm not actively trying to plan a trip to Disney world anytime soon (obviously given our current state...😩) but I periodically search HW for HR deals (because I'm obsessed/this is my new hobby 😊). Has anyone else noticed that Dis hotels have disappeared completely through about mid-May?👀 I don't know why I'm surprised. I know they've closed through 31Mar, but this may be a good indicator that they're possibly closing (or preparing to) through 18May. o_O Does anyone else feel like they're in this bizarre dream they aren't able to wake up from??

Preface this by saying I'm not actively trying to plan a trip to Disney world anytime soon (obviously given our current state...😩) but I periodically search HW for HR deals (because I'm obsessed/this is my new hobby 😊). Has anyone else noticed that Dis hotels have disappeared completely through about mid-May?👀 I don't know why I'm surprised. I know they've closed through 31Mar, but this may be a good indicator that they're possibly closing (or preparing to) through 18May. o_O Does anyone else feel like they're in this bizarre dream they aren't able to wake up from??

I was checking either yesterday or Mon for July dates and there were a bunch of Disney hotels on HW. They're all gone now. I think they're just regrouping til everything plays out.

FWIW There are still some $61 Disney Value resort deals out there around May 5th for a few days. The number of Disney resorts on PL have been pretty limited if showing at all on desktop browsers for months, so not too sure we can take what's out there now as any indicator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter