Priceline Express Deals

For the dates of Sept. 5 - 7th, I'm still seeing AOA for $104. We're not interested in staying there. There's another $84 4 star hotel (acutally $81 when I click on it) with the following description, 'Splash or soak in this non-smoking property's many water features'. Anyone know which hotel that is? I'm assuming an offsite hotel. Other than AOA, I can't find any onsite hotels.
Hotwire has some Disney resorts for your dates - I'm seeing what I think is POR for $176. Also looks like AKL is there for $302.

Reactions: CJK
For the dates of Sept. 5 - 7th, I'm still seeing AOA for $104. We're not interested in staying there. There's another $84 4 star hotel (acutally $81 when I click on it) with the following description, 'Splash or soak in this non-smoking property's many water features'. Anyone know which hotel that is? I'm assuming an offsite hotel. Other than AOA, I can't find any onsite hotels.
It's highly likely to be the Wyndham at Disney Springs but which part of that resort is the question. Both sections have a range on the resort fee based on location and view.

If I'm looking for the Swan from 10/30-11/4, am I kidding myself that anything decent will pop up on PL/HW before my 60-day window for FP opens? I already do have it booked directly through SPG central reservations so I guess I can go ahead and buy my park tickets soon so I can start booking my FP reservations when my 60-day window opens, but will I lose those reservations if I then cancel my Swan reservation if something does pop up on PL/HW?

It is still possible for the Swan and or Dolphin to pop up on PL/HW at a great rate. The Swan was just on PL for $251 for 11/4-11/7 three days ago. An OK rate but it has been much lower. The key is how their bookings are going for any period. As a reminder, hotels use PL/HW to fill empty rooms.

To prevent the loss of your FP+, just make sure to link any new overlaying reservation to your MDE before canceling your original reservation. The alternative is to just wait until you are within the 30 day window of your arrival and then your hotel changes can't have any impact in your FP+.

Dave

It is still possible for the Swan and or Dolphin to pop up on PL/HW at a great rate. The Swan was just on PL for $251 for 11/4-11/7 three days ago. An OK rate but it has been much lower. The key is how their bookings are going for any period. As a reminder, hotels use PL/HW to fill empty rooms.

To prevent the loss of your FP+, just make sure to link any new overlaying reservation to your MDE before canceling your original reservation. The alternative is to just wait until you are within the 30 day window of your arrival and then your hotel changes can't have any impact in your FP+.

Dave

Hmmm - that's a good idea. I had kind of planned on using the Costco package as kind of my fallback plan but their prices just went up too so the savings isn't really that great there now. Buying the theme park tickets within the next few weeks or so in order to start booking my FP reservations as soon as the 60-day window opens is a bit of a gamble because that would mean that the Costco package would no longer be an option for me. Tough decision but I'm leaning towards just buying my theme park tickets from wherever I can find them the cheapest and then hoping that the Swan pops up on HW at a great rate sometime before my trip. I prefer HW over PL because that seems to be the only way to guarantee two queens beds, but I will probably seek help from here when/if something shows up on HW because I'll want to be certain that I'm definitely getting the Swan.

Dave
I’ve seen Swan as low as $116 a night!

It as been as low as $79. This was a deal on HW last May (2018). The rate for May was $135, $79 in August-Sept and again in early Nov. HW. I just missed out on the Nov deal as I needed to verify my travel dates . HW did not go a very good job of hiding either the Swan or Dolphin. They had the review counts listed on the Hot Rates that exactly matched the Hotel entries later in the Bonnet Creek list. They have since changed the reviews to be 2000+ on the Hot Rates to overlap with other Hotels.

Dave

It as been as low as $79. This was a deal on HW last May (2018). The rate for May was $135, $79 in August-Sept and again in early Nov. HW. I just missed out on the Nov deal as I needed to verify my travel dates . HW did not go a very good job of hiding either the Swan or Dolphin. They had the review counts listed on the Hot Rates that exactly matched the Hotel entries later in the Bonnet Creek list. They have since changed the reviews to be 2000+ on the Hot Rates to overlap with other Hotels.

Dave

Are those prices even with F&W? I always thought that during F&W it was impossible to get a good deal near Epcot but this gives me hope.

Last call for my 10% coupon that expires tomorrow at midnight. I will be working tomorrow all day away from a computer so only have until tonight. Let me know if it can help someone out.

There was some slight overlap but not the core F&W month of Oct. Both the Sept and Nov offers slightly overlapped F&W. Don't get you hopes up but keep an eye out just in case they need to fill rooms due to a convention or group not filling all the rooms.

Dave

Right now I have a room reserved at the Swan with two queen beds and a resort view w/balcony from 10/30-11/4 (5 nights) at a total cost of $2173.39. When/if the Swan shows up on HW for my dates, how confident can I be that the hotel I am booking will be the Swan? I will obviously enlist the assistance of the helpful experts here, but I'd hate to book it and then end up at a different hotel.

When you use priceline express how do know what hotel it is?
I tend to look at 3 things - the hotel description (see list earlier in the thread), the trip advisor score, and the % off. Usually you can figure it out (or best educated guess) off of those three things.

I was able to get the Swan for $137 per night using Priceline Express for Aug 10 to 12. Thank you for posting the “hotel descriptions” very helpful. I don’t see anywhere that states an addition resort fee on my confirmation email. I believe a previous poster stated that their is a fee at the Swan. If so how much? Also picking the room type they had the option twin bed or double bed. Just checking if anyone picked that option what room they were assigned?

It might be because the resort fee is collected at the hotel vs being prepaid via Priceline Express. That's how Hotwire Hot Rates handle the resort fee and the resort parking fee. The resort fee aka resort service package is $31.50 per day ($28 + taxes).

The Resort Service Package includes:

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
• Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
• 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
• In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
• Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
• Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
• $25 off spa services of $100 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa
• Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
• Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event

Just to let you know the Swan's lobby is going to be under renovation beginning on Aug. 6 (Monday) to Aug. 27, 2018. During this time, all resort services are being offered and all areas of our resort are fully accessible, except for the lobby itself. Please contact the resort for additional information.

Dave

Last edited:
I was able to get the Swan for $137 per night using Priceline Express for Aug 10 to 12. Thank you for posting the “hotel descriptions” very helpful. I don’t see anywhere that states an addition resort fee on my confirmation email. I believe a previous poster stated that their is a fee at the Swan. If so how much? Also picking the room type they had the option twin bed or double bed. Just checking if anyone picked that option what room they were assigned?

Check your confirmation email and see if it show it on there. If it does not call the hotel and ask. If they state there is a resort fee then contact Priceline and tell them that you were not informed of a fee when booking. They might give you some money back on your reservation. They gave us $20 back from my one night room that advertised a Airport shuttle and did not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter